Wed, 8 December 2021 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Even by Manchester standards it's been incredibly wet and windy for the last 4 or 5 days.

Pretty miserable conditions.
    Although it is now more standard Manchester wet weather, than the biblical rain we had this morning.

OldTrevil

Deano
    AWB Lindelof Bailly Shaw
    VdB Matic
    Lingard Sancho
    Mason Rashford

RedDevilRoshi

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully the players that step in tonight, all have good games for RR to consider them for future selections with the most busiest period of the season now fast approaching. 5 subs can be made from a possible 9 so will be great if we could get a couple of our youngsters off the bench to play some part tonight.

Starting XI

Henderson

Wan-Bissaka - Bailly - Mengi - Shaw

Van De Beek - Matic

Amad Diallo - Lingard

Greenwood - Elanga​

subs: Heaton, Maguire, Hardley, Savage, Iqbal, McTominay, Mata, Shoretire, Rashford

Score Prediction: Manchester United 3-0 Young Boys

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    For some reason, United''s Twitter account has forgotten that we have a UEFA Youth League match and that the teams have been announced. Many of the big youth team players are missing and will probably be part of the squad tonight,

@Niall @Damien We need Björn Hardley. Charlie Wellens, Charlie Savage, Zidane Iqbal, Sam Mather and Shola Shoretire adding to the selector. Is there anyone else?

Revaulx

My daughter knows Charlie Savage and was most excited when I told her just now that he might be on the bench :drool:

SonyaCross493

Basically Ronaldo refused to play EL, took us ahead vs Villarreal, last minute equaliser Atalanta (and other goal), late winner vs Atalanta, last minute winner Villarreal...

They are out so I think it'll be a nice game for our second string, I'd love to see some of the youth guys come on as well.
    Yeah basically the only reason the club and Ralf Rangnick can look forward to playing CL football next year and are not playing EL football or out of the CL altogether is due to one man.. CR7 Mr. Champions League himself saving us. He paid for his whole transfer fee alone (£13m) by making the club £10M for qualifying for CL Last 16. That's the difference between failing to beat Villarreal in the EL final and not qualifying for CL next round like last year. Not to mention all the extra money commercially he's making the club with more social media followers etc his impact on and off the field is priceless this season.

Ronny has made tonight's game a dead rubber against Young Boys but also helped a lot of young players at the club get a game in an important game in front of 75 thousand fans under the floodlights at Old Trafford. I Would've loved to have seen Ronny Captain the clubs youngsters tonight against Young Boys as he deserves it for getting the club into the next round of the CL.. but he needs a rest. I hope we can see him captain the club atleast once the next 4-months of the season or next season (which right now is due to be his last season at the club unless both parties are happy and agree to renew)

Can't wait to see Elanga and Amad! What a special night for them and the other youngsters at the club to taste the biggest stage of World football! So excited and happy for them.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    For some reason, United''s Twitter account has forgotten that we have a UEFA Youth League match and that the teams have been announced. Many of the big youth team players are missing and will probably be part of the squad tonight,

@Niall @Damien We need Björn Hardley. Charlie Wellens, Charlie Savage, Zidane Iqbal, Sam Mather and Shola Shoretire adding to the selector. Is there anyone else?

They'll probably be added for future but we don't really add players to the selector so close to kick-off as it gives the few who come on in the next couple of hours an advantage over others.

Mather won't be playing tonight then but guess the others will be on the bench.

SonyaCross493

My daughter knows Charlie Savage and was most excited when I told her just now that he might be on the bench :drool:
    Relation to Robbie Savage? I hope he's on co-commentator duty! He will be the proudest man in the stadium if he comes off the bench tonight! Bless go on son!

Mike Smalling

Just want to see a good performance tonight. Sometimes these dead rubber matches can be very messy, but we have a plenty of players that need to build fitness, confidence and impress the new manager.

2-0. Both from Greenwood.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
    So excited for the game today. It's been a while since I had this kind of excitement. Don't care if we lose. To see them play a high intensity attacking football by itself is a joy to behold.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    Anything short of a MK Dons under LvG and it is sure to be an entertaining and different game.

AndySmith1990

Can't see any point of starting any of Lingard, Jones or Mata. They've no future here. Good opportunity to start young players instead.

Godfather

So excited for the game today. It's been a while since I had this kind of excitement. Don't care if we lose. To see them play a high intensity attacking football by itself is a joy to behold.
    I feel the same. So good to have that feeling of excitement back again

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Relation to Robbie Savage? I hope he's on co-commentator duty! He will be the proudest man in the stadium if he comes off the bench tonight! Bless go on son!
    Honestly, I think he would cry on comms if his son came on.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
    Staff

I won't be adding a rake of youth players to the squad before the lineup is announced. When the lineup is out I'll add them as necessary (which could well be all the ones you've listed but hey ho).

Not ideal for the lineup predictions but as nobody will be able to select these players maybe it's not a big deal. But it would mean nobody can get full points + bonus points this match if one of these kids is subbed on.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    I won't be adding a rake of youth players to the squad before the lineup is announced. When the lineup is out I'll add them as necessary (which could well be all the ones you've listed but hey ho).

Not ideal for the lineup predictions but as nobody will be able to select these players maybe it's not a big deal. But it would mean nobody can get full points + bonus points this match if one of these kids is subbed on.
    Full points for everyone then.

Hoof the ball

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    If he names an unchanged line-up, I'm starting the "does ralfy need to stop winding people up" thread.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    We've already won the group. We've got a better head-to-head record v Villareal. It doesn't matter if we lose 7-0 tonight.

always_hoping

Looking like a possibility of 11 changes to the starting team from the Palace game.

How strong of a team will Young Boys play? I don't think they can even finish 3rd in the group with a win.

tomaldinho1

Looking like a possibility of 11 changes to the starting team from the Palace game.

How strong of a team will Young Boys play? I don't think they can even finish 3rd in the group with a win.
    EL revenue is probably quite important to them so I'd expect they will play a full strength team - if Atalanta lose they can qualify with a win I think

Hoof the ball

Whether he wholesale changes the team or not, all that matters is that we won't be a little bit pregnant.

Although it's quite amusing that we progressed from a manager who insisted on being horny to a manager who wants us to get pregnant.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

The Swiss league goes on winter break after next week for about six weeks, so they don't have that much reason to rest many players.

Todd

This will be the first CL match of ours I'll be able to watch this season, better late than never I guess

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 219 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win
  • Draw