Manuel Locatelli - One to watch

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Probably wait for Italy to play a half competent team before making an assessment on him from such a small sample size. Of course those who have been following him for a long time will have a totally different perspective, but games against Turkey and Switzerland are hardly good barometers to go by.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Problem is he has so played against Turkey and Switzerland which is equivalent to a low ranked PL team / top Championship team. Problem with international tournaments these days is that so much dross is allowed to get to the finals. Euros used to be great, now it is a waiting game to get to the last 8.
He was great in serie A too though! His stats per 90 over the past year, playing as a deeper midfielder, as percentile rank compared to other midfielders around the big 5 leagues (with a comparison of Toni Kroos in there too):

Obviously he's not as good as Kroos especially in terms of security on the ball not being dispossessed, but he turned 23 in January, and a lot of his stats and his general profile tracks with Kroos. Not as good of a passer but a very good one in his own right, while putting up decent defensive stats, and excellent progression from deep (almost on par with Kroos with his progressive passing from deep and passing into the final third). This is the sort of signing you make now before they establish themselves as world class players, as he both has the underlying stats to show how good he is but also watching him you can tell how good he is. I genuinely couldn't think of a more perfect midfielder for us, liked the look of him before the Euro's and especially his stats, and finally paying attention to him properly now, we have to go for him. Whatever it takes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Problem is he has so played against Turkey and Switzerland which is equivalent to a low ranked PL team / top Championship team. Problem with international tournaments these days is that so much dross is allowed to get to the finals. Euros used to be great, now it is a waiting game to get to the last 8.
Our midfield looks mediocre against low rank PK teams too

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Probably wait for Italy to play a half competent team before making an assessment on him from such a small sample size. Of course those who have been following him for a long time will have a totally different perspective, but games against Turkey and Switzerland are hardly good barometers to go by.
He bossed the netherlands too in nations league

gajender

What midfielder's he can be compared with and would he work well in midfield two and if yes what should be the profile of his midfield partner.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sounds like the real deal from all the posters who have watched him over more than two games against dire opponents. Will be an interesting player to follow through the knockout rounds.

Silas

Said it before the tournament that we should have a good look at him. Really no need to splash out so much for Rice.

Baneofthegame

There was an Italian poster on here who said that Italian men are mummy's boys and that they'll choose to stay near said Mother if at all possible. I don't know how true that is but I never get excited about buying this or that Italian player because if seldom seems to happen.
Yeah, I don’t know how true that is, but seems to me the majority of great Italian players seem to stay in Italy.

UDontMessWith24

I’d stay near wherever for good home cooked Italian food. In all seriousness though I bet he goes to Juve on one of those loan to buy deals.

yamo123x

Wouldnt get carried away tbh. He looks decent but our priorities should be set now and we should get them all done

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
There was an Italian poster on here who said that Italian men are mummy's boys and that they'll choose to stay near said Mother if at all possible. I don't know how true that is but I never get excited about buying this or that Italian player because if seldom seems to happen.
Also the big worry of whether they settle or wish to remain in England beyond a year or two. Your Zola's and Vialli's - who took to English culture like ducks to water - are few and far between.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I like Barella more, both are quality though.
Barella is probably better in the role/position they had yesterday. The interesting thing with Locatelli is that the position/role he had yesterday is not the one he usually plays. But he came in, and did it like that. Normally, he would have the position/role Jorginho had yesterday. It will be interesting to see when Verratti gets back if Locatelli gets to play further back. In my opinion, it suits him even better (or it makes him more special anyway).

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Barella is probably better in the role/position they had yesterday. The interesting thing with Locatelli is that the position/role he had yesterday is not the one he usually plays. But he came in, and did it like that. Normally, he would have the position/role Jorginho had yesterday. It will be interesting to see when Verratti gets back if Locatelli gets to play further back. In my opinion, it suits him even better (or it makes him more special anyway).
Is Veratti’s place guaranteed? If so who does he replace?

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
I wouldn't say it´s guaranteed, but before the Euro, Mancini have played Barella - Jorginho - Verratti.
Don´t think Mancini want to change a winning formation, so my guess is Verratti will sub first, and if goes well he maybe start, either as Barella - Jorginho - Verratti or Barella - Locatelli - Verratti.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Very good player. It also helps that Sassuolo have a solid long term project and they built a very solid squad which allows players to evolve.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd say it should be, he's up there with any midfielder in world football. Jorginho, Barella, Locatelli are all excellent but none are close to Verratti level.

Tarrou

we can bring his Ma over too if that's a problem

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It is true

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nope. He's playing the same role he plays for Sassuolo

LuckyScout78

I said in Matic replacement thread. That United shall not find a new Matic copy and new DM. United need a new Scholes. A new world class nr.8. But that level doesn’t exist out there. So I would be satisfy with this boy. And special if Pogba leave too.

Manuel LocatellI will definitely strengthen United CM duo and starting XI.

Short description of ML :
One of the most skillful CM player with the ball. But he use to do a lot of tackling too.
ML is one of the first player I will pick on my five side and futsal team. He has futsal football skills using on a 11 men pitch. In others words. The skill is using your foot sole to drag the ball a lot. A football skill Zidane Zizou and Coutinho are well known for.

My 5 a side team :

A. Becker

Kondogbia - Locatelli

Gnabry - Coutinho

Locatelli. The boy really skillful. Skillful in a elegance way. A footie ball player. Never say never. Everything is possible. It takes big character Italian to come and succeed in premier league. A with strong mentality.
Like Paolo Di Canio, Gianluca Vialli and Gianfranco Zola. Winner heads have definitely a strong personality and character. For those. Every football pitch are theirs home. Futsal, street football or whatever. If you really really luv football and have big passion. You will play every where you will enjoy football. It’s with the best teammates. Join a winning team.

If not Juventus. A Busquets replacement as a deep playmaking nr.6 role would fit him. Having De Jong on his left side.

RCM - DCM Locatelli - LCM De Jong

Barcelona rebuilding process.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should look at players like him, Neuhaus, Aour who can add some quality on the ball to our midfield

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'll say it again, there is no way Juve should be given a free run at signing him for some shit on a stick offer. We paid 50m for Fred, 40m for Donny. If he's going for less than that, I'd at the very least like to see the club briefing the tabloids that we prepared to prepare a bid.