Manuel Neuer

backpass

In Fifa20 we have many better keepers... Even fecking Sommer has a better card then Neuer *soangry*!!!

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
He's the great Dane but modernized.
Reminds me of this:

Haven't seen him using them in this extreme form lately, maybe I missed some, maybe he cut them out. But I guess Schmeichel must have been one of his role models for developing this.

arthurka

Reminds me of this:

Haven't seen him using them in this extreme form lately, maybe I missed some, maybe he cut them out. But I guess Schmeichel must have been one of his role models for developing this.
We have been missing what a great goalkeeper is all about its not only about being good between the sticks.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
No idea, to be honest. Germans are strange about this stuff.
Just imagine the headlines after Bayern, already champion 3/4 through the season, decides to play their first choice goalkeeper in midfield. The hatred among non Bayern fans would soar to unknown heights, the opinion pieces decrying "Bayern arrogance" would pile up... it would've done nothing good for the club but generated bad press.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
The earlier pages of this thread make for some interesting reading in hindsight.
Reading the first pages must be really painful for some poster here.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

Ridiculous keeper
Thumbnail is the first of his two monster saves against RBL in last year's cup final (both are in the video). The still really illustrates how insane that reaction was.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Ridiculous keeper
I am a huge Oliver Kahn fan, but for me Manuel Neuer is clearly the GOAT. Especially because of his combined skill-set.

And he is not done yet even though he had some problems with injuries over the past few years.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Reminds me of this:

His skill set is a cheat code, really. :lol:

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I think pretty much everyone would agree by now that he is the greatest of all time. Even my father, who is a proud Italian and grew up as a huge Juve fan, finally admitted that he cannot deny Neuer being the best (He says Neuer finally overtook Dino Zoff, Buffon was always the lesser Italian GK according to him).

Neuer excels in everything. Along with being probably the best shot stopper of all time, he also mastered the art of sweeper goalkeeping, can distribute as the absolute deepest playmaker and is a great leader. I seriously cannot think of a single weakness.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Watching the highlights of his saves what actually stands out most to be is how strong his wrists are. Some of the shots come back as if they've hit a wall.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wanted him so bad before we got De Gea. Remember that he took a nap outside his own penalty box during Germany v Spain U21 Euros 2009.