Manuel Ugarte

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hence why I think it isn’t true and it’s just PSG engaging in PR warfare.

Isn’t Sporting a fan owned club?
Before were you implying that you might have snuck the bid in to trick Sporting?

Bubz27

I implied no such thing.
Just you said they accepted it and encouraged him to come to you but why would they accept it if they would be selling a stake of the club?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just you said they accepted it and encouraged him to come to you but why would they accept it if they would be selling a stake of the club?
Which is the thing I said implies that it isn’t true at all. I don’t think Sporting would sell a stake of their club to Boehly and Clearlake, so since I don’t think they would do that, then encouraging Ugarte to sign for Chelsea is a sign that what PSG are alleging isn’t actually true and Chelsea and Sporting only discussed Ugarte.

Bubz27

Which is the thing I said implies that it isn’t true at all. I don’t think Sporting would sell a stake of their club to Boehly and Clearlake, so since I don’t think they would do that, then encouraging Ugarte to sign for Chelsea is a sign that what PSG are alleging isn’t actually true and Chelsea and Sporting only discussed Ugarte.
Ah okay. So I think they fact you dropped out so suddenly when it appeared he was yours yesterday means that there was mischief afoot, but I see it from the other side too now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ah okay. So I think they fact you dropped out so suddenly when it appeared he was yours yesterday means that there was mischief afoot, but I see it from the other side too now.
Yeah that's essentially what I was saying in the original post you replied to :D

bucky

Different countries have different dates. A lot of Europe opens on 30th June or 1st July.

Players don't come back from pre season until the first week of July anyhow so it doesn't really matter when it opens
Yeah, duffer pointed it out. Thought it was the same for everyone.