Manuel Ugarte

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Surprised to see there isn’t a thread already for Ugarte. He seems to be on the move this summer and he’s most likely coming here to the Premier League.

He’s been linked with Liverpool and Chelsea. I don’t know who the third club is supposed to be.

Both Chelsea and Liverpool would be a great fit for him. The low-ish release clause compared to what Brighton and West Ham are asking for Caicedo and Rice might make Ugarte the smarter move for a team looking to plug more holes in their team.

Mainoldo

Surprised to see there isn’t a thread already for Ugarte. He seems to be on the move this summer and he’s most likely coming here to the Premier League.

He’s been linked with Liverpool and Chelsea. I don’t know who the third club is supposed to be.

Both Chelsea and Liverpool would be a great fit for him. The low-ish release clause compared to what Brighton and West Ham are asking for Caicedo and Rice might make Ugarte the smarter move for a team looking to plug more holes in their team.

Rabiot handled him in the Europa.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's young and will be a very solid DM for a long time to come. I would be interested in him joining United - he's unpolished, a little slow, but under the right manager will blossom I am sure.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Liverpool have done alot of deals with Mendes involved the past few years (Diaz, Nunez).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I like him, would have hoped we'd be interested, but Rabiot is probably going to cover that area for us. Hopefully he's shit for whoever gets him.

bucky

Really don't want to see him at a rival. Probably the safest bet we could make other than Caicedo.

daba

Newcastle are meant to be the third club.

Caicedo is still my first choice but Ugarte would be a close second and £30m+ cheaper. So if we need to spread the funds a bit more for a striker then he’d be a great option.

Will be gutted to see him at any other top team in the prem as he looks unbelievable and at a really good age.

Dazzmondo

He's not really as flexible as Rice or Caicedo at this stage though. He's a pretty clear number 6 right now at least, whereas Rice and Caicedo can play both number 6 and number 8 roles equally well. Wouldn't really plug a 1st team weakness in that regard. Would just be a long term backup for Casemiro.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
There's been a lot of smoke with Villa being interested in him. Nassef Sawiris, our owner, has connections with Mendes who is apparently handling Manuel's transfer.

BarryWinks

Off to Wolves to replace Neves who should be leaving this summer. Jorge Mendez special.

Save you all the stress of putting him in your imaginary united 11.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn’t look like too much of an insightful passer on the stats but he looks like very comfortable keeping the ball

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thank god, would rather him there than in the league kicking the shit out of our players - that's not a dig, I rate him.

daba

Mendes is a brilliant agent and Romano loves to carry water for him. This guy is nothing special.
He’s class. Would like to see him here but if not then PSG is the next best place for him as I fear to think what he’d be like in a Klopp midfield.

daba

Have we burned our Mendes bridge after the Ronaldo sketch?

redcucumber

Have we burned our Mendes bridge after the Ronaldo sketch?
Find that very hard to believe. Mendes is a world leading agent that has been extremely successful over a number of years - refusing to deal with one of the biggest and most powerful clubs in the world because Ronaldo is a fanny wouldn't make sense. Didn't they also part ways after the Piers interview? Might have misremembered that.

CM10

We should be in for him. He'd be a good addition to our feisty South American contingent and looks good on the ball too.

croadyman

We should be in for him. He'd be a good addition to our feisty South American contingent and looks good on the ball too.
Not much we can do if PSG want him,prefer he goes there than the scousers who were interested

CM10

Not much we can do if PSG want him,prefer he goes there than the scousers who were interested
Why not? PSG are a basket case. Our biggest obstacle is likely ourselves, targeting the likes of Mason Mount instead.

dinostar77

You can see why Chelsea want him so badly. Perfect foil for enzo fernandez.

When words such as " reminds me of roy keane and diego simeone", "warrior" get used, you know thats someone you want in your midfield.

Not as forward progessing with his passes as Mount, but in a double pivot would be immense.

Ahmer Baig

Why not? PSG are a basket case. Our biggest obstacle is likely ourselves, targeting the likes of Mason Mount instead.
We are our own worst enemy targeting players like Mount instead of Ugarte.

daba

We are our own worst enemy targeting players like Mount instead of Ugarte.
So frustrating.

At £55m for Mount we’d be straight up funding their move for Ugarte who will be great alongside Enzo for them. If Arsenal somehow pull off Caicedo + Rice, Chelsea get Ugarte, Liverpool get Mac Allister and another quality addition, and us Mount and Rabiot, I’d suddenly feel less confident for the season (unless we get Kane/Osimhen then that changes things).

Just going to have to trust ETH on this one though and if a move for Mount makes more sense for his plan than the likes of Ugarte, Caicedo or Rice then so be it and we’ll have to support knows what he’s doing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So frustrating.

At £55m for Mount we’d be straight up funding their move for Ugarte who will be great alongside Enzo for them. If Arsenal somehow pull off Caicedo + Rice, Chelsea get Ugarte, Liverpool get Mac Allister and another quality addition, and us Mount and Rabiot, I’d suddenly feel less confident for the season (unless we get Kane/Osimhen then that changes things).

Just going to have to trust ETH on this one though and if a move for Mount makes more sense for his plan than the likes of Ugarte, Caicedo or Rice then so be it and we’ll have to support knows what he’s doing.
Arsenal won't have caicedo and rice. Just 1 of the 2. Chelsea getting Ugarte makes sense for them. We have Casemiro so we realistically aren't getting Ugarte, Caicedo, Lavia or Rice, as Casemiro is arguably the best DM in the world, has plenty of years left as a great player, so we just won't buy someone who plays the exact same role. Weird amount of quality DMs moving on this summer though. Lavia is the only possible one due to age as a future transition, but I doubt it.

Mount is a quality player himself and would make a very good midfield providing a lot of what we lack alongside Casemiro and Bruno, and combining the best things Fred and Eriksen provide. Eriksen, Rabiot would provide excellent depth. We shouldn't be looking longingly at anybody else's midfield with a group like that. Just needs gradual age reductions as well but Mount would be a great start to that.