ManUtd vs West Ham - Martial, Pogba and Shaw are out; James might play

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
James suffered a knock in last week's 1-0 victory over Leicester and was unavailable for the Europa League win against Astana on Thursday evening. United will travel down to London on Saturday but Solskjaer is uncertain whether James will recover in time.

"Not really, no," Solskjaer said when asked if Pogba and Martial would be fit. "They've not been training yet so I don't think so. [Luke] won't be ready.

"Daniel James? I don't know. He's not trained the last few days. Hopefully, but not sure. We'll have a recovery day with everyone tomorrow and we'll see on Saturday."

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ahh that’s really not good news, thought martial and Pogba were nailed on to return for this one. I really can’t see us picking up all the points here.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Young

McTominay
Fred

Lingard
Mata
James

Rashford

Is my guess.

rotherham_red

Think we should see Fred starting if Pogba is out, especially since Matic played the full 90 yesterday and started last Saturday. Hopefully will lead to a more energetic performance as a result.

If James is out, Greenwood should come in and start. Lingard in for Mata also.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think we should see Fred starting if Pogba is out, especially since Matic played the full 90 yesterday and started last Saturday. Hopefully will lead to a more energetic performance as a result.

If James is out, Greenwood should come in and start. Lingard in for Mata also.
Where would you play Greenwood, wide or in the centre?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Playing him wide is better for now. He struggled to deal with CBs physicality when he moved to CF position yesterday, looked more better as wide player. Also he can always face the goal as a wide attacker, rather than holding the ball against physical CBs.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another comfortable win.

ArjenIsM3

DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Young
Lingard - McTominay - Matic - James
Greenwood - Rashford

Though I suppose we'll play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 instead with Fred coming in. Not sure what I would prefer.

El Zoido

It’s a bit concerning that we seem to be dropping like flies and it’s not even October yet. God knows what state we’ll be in come Christmas, reckon we’ll be drafting in U16’s.

DomesticTadpole

It’s a bit concerning that we seem to be dropping like flies and it’s not even October yet. God knows what state we’ll be in come Christmas, reckon we’ll be drafting in U16’s.
Seeing we were supposedly going to be fitter it is puzzling.

Bwuk

DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Young
Lingard - McTominay - Matic - James
Greenwood - Rashford

Though I suppose we'll play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 instead with Fred coming in. Not sure what I would prefer.
I'd be happy enough with that if James is fit.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Not ideal to be missing key players at a place where we regularly struggle - I can see us winning but it won't be convincing. From what I've seen from West Ham this season Anderson and Haller make them tick and I fancy our defence to be able to cope with them.

Dante

Average bang
He'd be up against Rice and Noble in the middle. That's not a battle I'd want any of our kids to be involved with.

I'm definitely in favour of seeing Greenwood out-wide if he plays. Masuaku is banned, so the West Ham leftback will be a sub (Cresswell or Zabaletta).

For what it's worth, it's a tossup between Greenwood and Gomes for me in that role.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't want players rushed back, does no one any good, but its damn annoying that they're still not available.

A already tough game, made even tougher. Not looking forward to it.

Lee565

Looks like we are going to have to rely on getting a clean sheet and penalty to win the game again.

The club screwed up so much with at the very least not getting some type of replacement for lukaku.

AshRK

I didn't realise Pogba and Martial suffered such a big knock that they are out for more than a month. Maybe Ole has learnt from previous season and does not want to rush his players.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
And now we begin to see the bad side of a depleted squad. A few more injured and we’re at a real risk of collapsing first time wise.

Hawks2008

It really was just an awesome decision to persist with our paper thin midfield and attack..

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Bloody hell, I thought Pogba and Martial would be back for this.

Very annoying.

yamo123x

Poor team to be fair but OLE will prob pick this

de gea

AWB maguire lindelof young

matic mctominay pereira

james rashy jesse

tomaldinho1

Seeing we were supposedly going to be fitter it is puzzling.
Didn't this happen when Klopp took over Liverpool - they kept getting loads of injuries as the players adapted to a much higher intensity of training. I remember the common criticism at the time was they can't play a full season with his style unless they have a huge squad. It's not necessarily them not being 'fit' but more the type of running they are doing changing to more short, sharp bursts - during the time they are adapting you'd imagine they are more fatigued and more susceptible to injury.

LVG's first comments when he arrived was how unfit the players were, then Mou comes in and takes the opposite approach and now Ole's come in and said the same thing as LVG. We're a bit behind the times when it comes to this side of the game.

romufc

Pogba and Martial picked up knocks prior to the international break. How are they still not ready?

Our medical team is worse than Arsenal. Dalot is always out injured after few games, Fred is never fit, Martial always picks up knocks, Shaw is always injured.

DomesticTadpole

Didn't this happen when Klopp took over Liverpool - they kept getting loads of injuries as the players adapted to a much higher intensity of training. I remember the common criticism at the time was they can't play a full season with his style unless they have a huge squad. It's not necessarily them not being 'fit' but more the type of running they are doing changing to more short, sharp bursts - during the time they are adapting you'd imagine they are more fatigued and more susceptible to injury.

LVG's first comments when he arrived was how unfit the players were, then Mou comes in and takes the opposite approach and now Ole's come in and said the same thing as LVG. We're a bit behind the times when it comes to this side of the game.
The only problem I see here is that a lot of players you would presume will not be here next season. So he either has to identify players who already play a high pressing game, so will just slot in. If not he will still be getting injuries with the new players next season.

Thiagoal

Poor team to be fair but OLE will prob pick this

de gea

AWB maguire lindelof young

matic mctominay pereira

james rashy jesse
Oh God our midfield and attack is mid table at best! Hope for a 0-0 or a smash and grab

tomaldinho1

The only problem I see here is that a lot of players you would presume will not be here next season. So he either has to identify players who already play a high pressing game, so will just slot in. If not he will still be getting injuries with the new players next season.
Yep, that and the fact it seems pretty up in the air if Ole will be here next season. I think top 4 will be extremely tight this year and the fact we seem to be really struggling to score goals worries me.

MaREDcus

I would like to see this on Sunday

De Gea
AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Young

Fred
McTom
Pereria

Greenwood
Rashford