ManUtd vs West Ham - Martial, Pogba and Shaw are out; James might play

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yep, that and the fact it seems pretty up in the air if Ole will be here next season. I think top 4 will be extremely tight this year and the fact we seem to be really struggling to score goals worries me.
We weren't prolific with Lukaku, but not replacing him is a weird decision. Although I doubt that is what Ole wanted. He would have been thinking Ed would get rid pretty quick and bring a replacement in. Instead we now have Martial injured, Rashford who doesn't appear to want to play through the middle and is rather wasteful there anyway. Then we have Greenwood, who is a kid, who Ole is heaping to end of praise on. I cannot see any of them getting twenty goals a season. In fact we could do with two of them getting twenty goals. We cannot rely on Daniel James scoring goals every week, or winning penalties. Defenders will get wise to him and just foul him away from the box as we are pathetic at freekicks.

Gordon S

Pogba and Martial picked up knocks prior to the international break. How are they still not ready?

Our medical team is worse than Arsenal. Dalot is always out injured after few games, Fred is never fit, Martial always picks up knocks, Shaw is always injured.
According to transfermarkt:
Dalot was injured once last season.
Fred was not injured
Martial was out for a month
Shaw had a concussion and was out for two weeks.

If this info is close to correct than it’s not that bad.

romufc

According to transfermarkt:
Dalot was injured once last season.
Fred was not injured
Martial was out for a month
Shaw had a concussion and was out for two weeks.

If this info is close to correct than it’s not that bad.
Let's see this season hopefully not too bad.

The_Order

I was gonna say pack the midfield and then I realized we don't have any midfielders.

Alemar

———————de Gea————————
Bissaka—Lindelof——-Maguire—Rojo
————-McTominay—Fred—————
Pereira————-Gomes———-James
————————Rashford——————

Greenwood off the bench

Red00012

Pogba and Martial picked up knocks prior to the international break. How are they still not ready?

Our medical team is worse than Arsenal. Dalot is always out injured after few games, Fred is never fit, Martial always picks up knocks, Shaw is always injured.
Yes that’s it it’s the medical team fault.
Is this RAWK?

Devil may care

Pogba and Martial are big misses for the team, Greenwood surely has to start, but truth is it's another game we go into where ahead of time I feel a point would be decent.

USREDEVIL

This is Fred's time to show what he can do. He needs to step up and be the player we signed. His wedding can wait until after the game ffs.

Eli Zee

DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Young
Lingard - McTominay - Matic - James
Greenwood - Rashford

Though I suppose we'll play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 instead with Fred coming in. Not sure what I would prefer.
I think if you replace fred with James since hes injured, a nice formation would be
4-3-1-2...
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Young
Matic - McTominay - Fred
--------LinGoat----------
Greenwood - Rashford

We need goalscorers and moving a dual-footed striker (Greenwood) to the wing instead of in the center seems to not be making the most of his talents.
Fred and Mctominay have good engines (if im not mistaken) and can support offense and defense while matic plays back a little bit more

Comet49

I think it’s a vital match this, away to West Ham never seems straightforward. Not one to criticise Ole yet, but if Rashford isn’t scoring then who is. We can’t expect James to keep scoring, the time to introduce young players I think is when a team is doing well, not struggling (relatively) like we are. A proper match without Pogba, will be interesting to see how it goes. Hope he’s fit soon.