Maradona | Struggling to speak

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was before my time so I never saw him play. Has he always been this much of a nutter? His mannerisms are as weird as feck. Sort of expect someone that wears two wrist watches to be like that.

predator

Youth NITK
I don't know him personally but he looks completely off his head on coke. I have no issues with it though he's a grown man and he's enjoying himself. Let it be.

Neo_Mufc

I assume some Nigeria fans were winding him up and he replied with that poor gesture? Otherwise crazy.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's a massive prick who's mostly known for cheating and doping as well as being really good with a ball.

Don't think he would have made it in the modern game. More is expected of professional footballers these days.

Treble

I really detest him as a person. Was a fantastic footballer but he's embarassing now.

fallengt

He was high as feck. They needed to hold him all the time so he couldn't dance around like monkey

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Over the years I've come to realise that I really rather dislike Maradona. An upleasant man and a cheat.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Suarez doesn't dope, shows up to training and is by all account a good team mate even if he's a massive prick when playing. He'll also be known for other things than his football at the end of his career but he's not behaving in the same way Maradona did and continues to do.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm trying to think of a comparable sport where the greatest to ever do it (debatable I know) has been such a monumental bellend that it almost overshadows all his achievements.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Could he not just be enjoying himself / delirious with joy at winning and perhaps drunk, rather than it being drug induced?

IFC 1905

He should have past away like 10 years ago, it would have been better for him.

Not wishing it of course, just saying. Everytime he's around he makes us look bad.

Wayne's World

He should have past away like 10 years ago, it would have been better for him.

Not wishing it of course, just saying. Everytime he's around he makes us look bad.
Judging from the videos going around Twitter right now, he does look either very ill or he could be back on the drugs again.

Sad to see him like that because he's an absolutely legend of the game, love him or hate him.

Gross Domestic Peasant

Maradona has always been a lunatic really, and one who was fortunate to be as gifted at something as he was. I find it difficult to believe that his football fame led to his personal issues, and suspect they'd have been with him regardless of how his life went. You just can't separate the two sides of him - one genius and artistic, the other flawed and tortured.

Which is a common mixture in geniuses really. I don't buy that's he's become an embarrassment purely because he stuck his fingers up at opposing fans. That's standard fan behaviour, and one thing Maradona is equally notorious for is being an ardent fan. Anyone looking for a role model in him is looking in the wrong place unfortunately. He'll never change. For me though, Maradona was as inevitable to his pursuit as Picasso and Mozart were to their own. Even their names are poetry. He's likely not a very nice man, but there's magic in him too.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@Wayne's World @Infra-red those look way worse than his celebrations caught on camera. Either he is seriously ill or completely fecked up (probably more likely)

Cloud7

As posted in the game day thread, you have to be really far up yourself if you don’t find him entertaining :lol: or even if you don’t find him entertaining, but to actually have a problem with his antics

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Maradona has always been a lunatic really, and one who was fortunate to be as gifted at something as he was. I find it difficult to believe that his football fame led to his personal issues, and suspect they'd have been with him regardless of how his life went. You just can't separate the two sides of him - one genius and artistic, the other flawed and tortured.

Which is a common mixture in geniuses really. I don't buy that's he's become an embarrassment purely because he stuck his fingers up at opposing fans. That's standard fan behaviour, and one thing Maradona is equally notorious for is being an ardent fan. Anyone looking for a role model in him is looking in the wrong place unfortunately. He'll never change. For me though, Maradona was as inevitable to his pursuit as Picasso and Mozart were to their own. Even their names are poetry. He's likely not a very nice man, but there's magic in him too.
Yeah.. no he's just a cnut who is very good at football. People love to glorify these "mad men geniuses". Reminds me of John McAffee. Just a twat who was good with computers.

IFC 1905

Judging from the videos going around Twitter right now, he does look either very ill or he could be back on the drugs again.

Sad to see him like that because he's an absolutely legend of the game, love him or hate him.

To be honest I don't think he's ever left drugs.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Could he not just be enjoying himself / delirious with joy at winning and perhaps drunk, rather than it being drug induced?
He's definitely on gear. Takes one to know one as they say.

In that first video, it's clear he's feeling the side effects after abusing coke and alcohol for so long.