Maradona | Struggling to speak

Giggs86

Next time you're being shitfaced in public and then feel embarrassed the next morning, cheer up and remember that Maradona was way worse for the whole world to see.

Ainu

I would've thought it's pretty dangerous to be too open with your drug abuse in Russia. Couldn't he get in some serious shit for this?

MUFC OK

I assume everyone has seen the video of him on the flight to Russia, downing a shot of something with what can only be described as a sack of white powder beneath his left arm.. The media shouldn't publicise this moron, when its so obvious he is out of control with his drug taking, I can only assume he isn't subject to the same security checks as anyone else would be.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I would've thought it's pretty dangerous to be too open with your drug abuse in Russia. Couldn't he get in some serious shit for this?
Well, I assume the drug is at no time in his possession. Basically, you would have like bodyguards, coke guards and so on. It would also be practical and save some money if they are the same persons.

Wow... he had to think about smiling then had a guy holding his arm while he did it in case something happened.
I think anyone who has ever been drunk has pulled that same look. I don't think there's anything wrong with his behaviour here, he's just acting like a guy on a bender.

Not that I think for a second he's just drunk.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't think he was on coke at all, i think they actually had him sedated beforehand. His over the top reactions at the goals are simply down to how strongly he feels for argentina

Think they need him sedated because otherwise he'd risk a heart attack

Btw, seen it mentioned before, but literally ALL of maradona's former teammates still love him to bits and would run through a wall for him. He has many many flaws, but he's always been amazing to his people

MiceOnMeth

So its perfectly fine for people to get twisted out of their minds on alcohol on a weekly basis but poor diego enjoys a bit of sniff on holiday and hes a disgrace, awful human, class A dickhead?

Classical Mechanic

So its perfectly fine for people to get twisted out of their minds on alcohol on a weekly basis but poor diego enjoys a bit of sniff on holiday and hes a disgrace, awful human, class A dickhead?
Probably more stuff like this that qualifies him as such

The directors are the ones at fault for constantly cutting to some drugged up guy in the audience in this case though.

DoubleRevv

let's be truthful. He does come across as a shithead too. At the rate at which he's going, you can also call him a walking overdose case.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
No one here's ever been in a state before then
Apparently not. The Caf puritans have nothing but disdain for a man who's known for not giving a shit being filmed not giving a shit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Funny how people are saying it's cocaine. Dunno about the stuff on that side of the pond, but the stuff here doesn't turn you in to a deranged looney.

Or so I've heard...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Maradona was never a role model, he's a genius with human flaws.

Classical Mechanic

Funny how people are saying it's cocaine. Dunno about the stuff on that side of the pond, but the stuff here doesn't turn you in to a deranged looney.

Or so I've heard...
Deranged looney is his default setting at any football game. The coke or whatever stimulant he was on just added extra gurning, eye rolling etc.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Or so I've heard...
What if, like Diego Maradona you already normally act like a deranged looney at football matches. I don't see the big deal anyway the Man was clearly lit to the tits going through the gamut of emotions of a tense rollercoaster of a match where your team ends up winning. He's entertaining as feck even if the can be a bit of a bellend at times.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
In German TV, right after Rojo's goal, the camera switched to him, the commentator began to praise him as an absolute legend of the game and in this very moment, he showed the middlefinger gesture. Was pretty funny.

Besides that I find it very sad to see Maradona like this. I mean, this guy coached a WC title contender not too long ago which means that he at least had his shit together during this period. Now he's simply a rich 58 year old clown who pays people to watch out he doesn't get himself killed while he's on drugs and behaving like a lunatic. I also don't think he would make it much longer without the aid of his bodyguards and whoever he has employed to watch over him. If you ask me, "he enjoys life" or "he simply doesn't give a f*ck what people think" applies to this situation here. He's lost control and I'm pretty sure the younger iterations of him who were still somewhat clear in their heads would be embarassed to see themselves like this. For me it lucks a little bit like he has given up since his private and family life is beyond repair and he focuses completely on football and his D10S status. Just doesn't seem to fulfill him because otherwise he wouldn't let himself go that much.

grahamo

Coke? bag pic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgprD96WkAAoP_h.jpg

He's acting like a disgrace for a so called footballing legend. Sticking fingers up like that for the world to see whilst smashed off his tits. His friends/employees/hangers-on should feel ashamed of themselves too.
I've seen the video. There were people speaking Russian in the video. I wonder is he a guest of the Russian government or Russian FA?

Deleted member 101472

No one here's ever been in a state before then
I haven’t so I’m probably best placed to comment.

He’s welcome to do whatever he likes with his life, the fact is that in his 20s he cemented a legacy that means history will always remember him as one of the best players to ever play the game we all love. He’s lived more sporting dreams and goals than probably 99% of history. But it’s best if his antics are kept as private as possible, being out of your mind on cocaine in front of millions isn’t cool, never had been and never will be.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I haven’t so I’m probably best placed to comment.

He’s welcome to do whatever he likes with his life, the fact is that in his 20s he cemented a legacy that means history will always remember him as one of the best players to ever play the game we all love. He’s lived more sporting dreams and goals than probably 99% of history. But it’s best if his antics are kept as private as possible, being out of your mind on cocaine in front of millions isn’t cool, never had been and never will be.
I agree yeah. It's also not the end of the world and that alone doesn't make him some of the things he's being called (some of the other things from the past, maybe so). It's only adults that know why he's acting that way, so not that much harm done in my opinion. If this is a regular thing then he needs to get his act together.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Coke? bag pic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgprD96WkAAoP_h.jpg

He's acting like a disgrace for a so called footballing legend. Sticking fingers up like that for the world to see whilst smashed off his tits. His friends/employees/hangers-on should feel ashamed of themselves too.
Dunno if you've seen the video but that's actually an empty water bottle, with a white tissue/napkin lying beside/in front of it.

Which is not to say he isn't getting through industrial quantities of gack while he's over there, mind you.

Boogie Man

Probably more stuff like this that qualifies him as such

The directors are the ones at fault for constantly cutting to some drugged up guy in the audience in this case though.
That's a disgrace (if he did hit her), I'm imagining it is something he does often too (if he did hit her).

I don't really care about him acting like a balloon on TV, but he has crossed some lines now which you don't cross (and I'm not talking about the lines he's been putting up his snout, I'm talking about real lines... and by real lines I mean metaphorical lines).

Last edited:

Member 39557

Dunno if you've seen the video but that's actually an empty water bottle, with a white tissue/napkin lying beside/in front of it.

Which is not to say he isn't getting through industrial quantities of gack while he's over there, mind you.

I only found it because somebody mentioned it earlier. I just saw the video in the other thread and I'm not sure if it's a bottle or not to be honest.

It's a shame to see him embarrassing himself.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
That's a disgrace (if he did hit her), I'm imagining it is something he does often too (if he did hit her).

I don't really care about him acting liking a balloon on TV, but he has crossed some lines now which you don't cross (I'm not talking about the lines he's been putting up his snout, I'm talking about real lines... and by real lines I mean metaphorical lines).
:lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I only found it because somebody mentioned it earlier. I just saw the video in the other thread and I'm not sure if it's a bottle or not to be honest.

It's a shame to see him embarrassing himself.
It's one of those things where if you see it you can't not see it and wonder how you never saw it before. Try and look for the light blue bottle cap at the end closest to the green thing.

Member 39557

It's one of those things where if you see it you can't not see it and wonder how you never saw it before. Try and look for the light blue bottle cap at the end closest to the green thing.

Yes, I see what you mean. I couldn't work out why the napkin was folded/curled in such an odd shape and if the bottle cap and presumably bottle ridges are a reflection in the dark object (could be a bottle) behind it?
The line just below the top of the bottle looks like a seal you'd see on a bag which is probably what convinced people about the coke (along with Diego's behaviour).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Yes, I see what you mean. I couldn't work out why the napkin was folded/curled in such an odd shape and if the bottle cap and presumably bottle ridges are a reflection in the dark object (could be a bottle) behind it?
The line just below the top of the bottle looks like a seal you'd see on a bag which is probably what convinced people about the coke (along with Diego's behaviour).
Yeah, it’s the line below the top of the bottle which made it look like a zip-lok bag to me too. The whole thing looks a lot more bottle-y in the video!

ekestubbe

In my opinion Maradona was at the WC as a fan. He's not a player anymore and not a manager or by any other means involved in the Argentina squad (as far as I know), and I assure you there were many fans in Russia who behaved a lot worse than Maradona. I don't think he should be held to any higher standard than other fans just because of his history.