Marc Cucurella | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

GlasgowCeltic

Guess it’ll be 50m for a third option at left back and 50m to replace last seasons fifth choice midfielder

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Good signing, we're really lagging behind. I really don't think many of our players even make it to City's backup team.
Yeah but we need to be patient, the windows just opened, it doesn't matter that all our rivals are improving their already stacked squads.

Or something like that.

On a serious note, City and Liverpool improving is of no relevance to us as we're so far behind them it's depressing, our aim should be catching up to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs - catching Chelsea is probably unrealistic right now, so we have Arsenal (with Arteta in charge, we have a chance) and Spurs, so seeing Spurs improving already is a killer, in the last 6 months they've signed :

Bentacur,
Bissouma,
Kulusevski,
Perisic.
And soon to be Spence.

So they've got/getting a new midfield, two new wingbacks and a winger, 5 players in 6 months, all for less than £100m and probably sign one or two more this window too...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yeah but we need to be patient, the windows just opened, it doesn't matter that all our rivals are improving their already stacked squads.

Or something like that.
Same old same old from the people running the club it seems. We just have some absolute amateurs in charge.

Oranges038

Watched him in a good few La Liga games before he went to Brighton. Thought he would have had a good chance returning to Barca, very surprised when he move to Getafe and on to Brighton though, but it's been a good couple of seasons for him. He's developed really well.

It'll be a bad move if he ends up sitting in the bench. I can only assume City will be getting rid of Zinchenko. He was an absolute disaster against Real in the second leg.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Watched him in a good few La Liga games before he went to Brighton. Thought he would have had a good chance returning to Barca, very surprised when he move to Getafe and on to Brighton though, but it's been a good couple of seasons for him. He's developed really well.

It'll be a bad move if he ends up sitting in the bench. I can only assume City will be getting rid of Zinchenko. He was an absolute disaster against Real in the second leg.
They only had 3 FBs last season if you don't count Aki. Now they have 4. They will probably keep him.

Oranges038

They only had 3 FBs last season if you don't count Aki. Now they have 4. They will probably keep him.
Could get away with 3 again. Cancelo and Cucurella cover LB and Walker /Cancelo cover RB.

Zinchenko is really not that good and his performance down that left side is what pretty much cost them a place in the CL final. He should be binned.

antk

Could get away with 3 again. Cancelo and Cucurella cover LB and Walker /Cancelo cover RB.

Zinchenko is really not that good and his performance down that left side is what pretty much cost them a place in the CL final. He should be binned.
You can't expect to have CL semi-final ready players as backups in all positions, even when you're City.

Besides, their main issues for them in both ties were at RB when Walker wasn't playing. Zinchenko wasn't even at fault in any of the 6 goals they conceded in those games, so I have no idea how he could be what cost them a place in the final.

Oranges038

You can't expect to have CL semi-final ready players as backups in all positions, even when you're City.

Besides, their main issues for them in both ties were at RB when Walker wasn't playing. Zinchenko wasn't even at fault in any of the 6 goals they conceded in those games, so I have no idea how he could be what cost them a place in the final.
The two goals that won Madrid the game came down the left side. Even the cross for the first goal came from the left channel, because Grealish didn't close down.

Him and Grealish were appaling defensively and Real were clearly targetting that side as the weak link and it worked.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

He was also a big factor in them turning around that Villa game when he came off the bench and winning the title. Really under-rated player IMO, particularly as he's so versatile.

But yeah, they should probably cash-in in this instance if they end up signing Cucurella.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62350641

Looks like he has handed in a transfer request. Cue City signing him on a cut price deal now. Wish some of our targets do the same for us so that we can get them on the cheap.
It's a bit tricker given Ajax have just seen ETH leave to join United. They might want to keep some goodwill and also ETH said his "legacy" at Ajax was to make them CL-proof. That'll hardly be the case if they sell all their best players to us for a reasonable amount.

saik

It's a bit tricker given Ajax have just seen ETH leave to join United. They might want to keep some goodwill and also ETH said his "legacy" at Ajax was to make them CL-proof. That'll hardly be the case if they sell all their best players to us for a reasonable amount.
Well that's the issue when half of our preferred targets are our manager's previous players. And they are taking advantage of that situation by demanding ridiculous prices.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Any player that signs for a non top 6 PL club without a buyout clause in the contract should sack his agent immediately

Eplel

I really struggle to take footballers with this particular hairstyle seriously.

saik

I rather players didn't do that. If he can do it to Brighton, he can do it to City when Barca come knocking.
I understand your point, but I hate seeing the prices that are being thrown around our targets. Even for Martinez people talk like Ajax did us a favour there when we infact paid quite a lot for him.

Idxomer

Odd that no top club went for him before his move to Brighton when it was clear he was quality at Getafe.

Ted Lasso

I really struggle to take footballers with this particular hairstyle seriously.
Is that a serious comment?

If so, could you explain what about it makes you feel that way? Is it the thought that it perhaps hinders the players athleticism or is it a general dislike for the style?

Gandalf

Just because La Cucaracha has handed in a transfer request it doesn't mean he is going to be dancing off to the Emptyhad. Brighton have set a perfectly reasonable asking price and if City don't want to meet it then they give us the 35M they offered for Telles, he is fantastic honestly.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Any player that signs for a non top 6 PL club without a buyout clause in the contract should sack his agent immediately
Indeed. He may need to do a "Mahrez" to force the move right now. It is a rare opportunity for a footballer to play at the highest level.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's really good. Reminds me of Rafael when Rafa was actually fit and firing.

An all around fullback with an engine, technique and tenacity. Sigh

Eplel

Is that a serious comment?

If so, could you explain what about it makes you feel that way? Is it the thought that it perhaps hinders the players athleticism or is it a general dislike for the style?
Plenty of reasons actually.

1. It's ugly
2. It reminds me of David Luiz
3. It reminds me of Guendouzi
4. It reminds me of Coloccini
5. I'm not really being serious, but I can't see why someone getting paid millions would not have a good hairstylist.

Trequarista10

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62350641

Looks like he has handed in a transfer request. Cue City signing him on a cut price deal now. Wish some of our targets do the same for us so that we can get them on the cheap.
Given City's financial status and FFP workarounds, my initial impression would be that they suggest to players to hand in a transfer request, and agree to cover the loss of loyalty bonus, and then find a way to make the payment off the books. Call me cynical, but I think its more plausible than them being fiscally responsible, savvy negotiators who manage to seal deals for less than the going rate. Its not like the money is significant for them, and every club they are dealing with know that City can afford to pay whatever they need to.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Just because La Cucaracha has handed in a transfer request it doesn't mean he is going to be dancing off to the Emptyhad. Brighton have set a perfectly reasonable asking price and if City don't want to meet it then they give us the 35M they offered for Telles, he is fantastic honestly.
If City want, City get. Even if some of the money is “under the counter” its just a matter of time

cyberman

Given City's financial status and FFP workarounds, my initial impression would be that they suggest to players to hand in a transfer request, and agree to cover the loss of loyalty bonus, and then find a way to make the payment off the books. Call me cynical, but I think its more plausible than them being fiscally responsible, savvy negotiators who manage to seal deals for less than the going rate. Its not like the money is significant for them, and every club they are dealing with know that City can afford to pay whatever they need to.
It’ll go towards an agent bonus of some sort

Gandalf

If City want, City get. Even if some of the money is “under the counter” its just a matter of time
Interesting in this case though is that from quite early on they have made clear that they won't pay the 50M Brighton are asking and they have named an alternative target and will walk away if Brighton don't budge. I think this one is going to come down to the player pulling a Mahrez to push it through.

Blood Mage

I thought City had signed him already. £35m is a perfectly sensible price but when you have the pull that City have these days sadly you can afford to haggle over any deal.

marktan

I'd ask for £60m if I was Brighton. He'd be great for City, and they will eventually end up paying the £50m so may as well squeeze more out of it. City need a LB, they don't even have a senior one left in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.