Marc Jurado | leaves on a permanent deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Was very impressed with him tonight. Tidy player. Felt his decision making was always spot on and he clearly has some ability.

Prodigal7

A right sided version of his Spanish pal Fernandez. Deserves to make the bench against Palace for that performance today, wan bissaka can take an early holiday

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I love his attitude. Who knows what level he will reach, but he has that passion/warrior mentality. A little like Rafael.
Like Neville too. Plays a lot like him. And, like Gary, he'd probably be a solid centreback if he were taller.

Sid234

Bjorn Hardley was training with the first team this week too - Mengi and Willy Kambwala are still recovering from injuries right?

DuruttiColumn

Luckhurst thinks he’s leaving permanently. Fair enough, he was never going to make it. Never stood out for the U21s and didn’t do anything particularly special besides give width

khoazany

He's a composed player but with his lack of physical attribute, pace and generally lack of any outstanding attribute he wasn't going to make it regardless. We have younger talents like Ogunneye and Kamason in his position with better chances.

MUFC OK

He's a composed player but with his lack of physical attribute, pace and generally lack of any outstanding attribute he wasn't going to make it regardless. We have younger talents like Ogunneye and Kamason in his position with better chances.
Do you agree that we aren't producing players with enough physical prowess from our youth team? I'm sorry but by 20 these lads should be ready - physicality wise to play men's football. I'm not talking about height but core strength etc. We have far too many who are lightweight.

Compare that to Chelsea in particular, where most of their academy graduates I can think of are built like adults from their late teens.

Btw I also think this is an issue with the senior men's team - and it shows on the pitch.

Brightonian

Do you agree that we aren't producing players with enough physical prowess from our youth team? I'm sorry but by 20 these lads should be ready - physicality wise to play men's football. I'm not talking about height but core strength etc. We have far too many who are lightweight.

Compare that to Chelsea in particular, where most of their academy graduates I can think of are built like adults from their late teens.

Btw I also think this is an issue with the senior men's team - and it shows on the pitch.
It's just biology. Kids develop at different rates. Look at Mainoo, last year he was tiny and slight and one growth spurt and season of gym work and he looked like a tank on the tour this summer.

The reason you think other clubs like Chelsea have more big academy graduates is because you're mostly seeing the ones who get their run-outs. Whereas with us you're seeing all the ones who don't, often precisely because their physical profile isn't right. Like Jurado.

MUFC OK

It's just biology. Kids develop at different rates. Look at Mainoo, last year he was tiny and slight and one growth spurt and season of gym work and he looked like a tank on the tour this summer.

The reason you think other clubs like Chelsea have more big academy graduates is because you're mostly seeing the ones who get their run-outs. Whereas with us you're seeing all the ones who don't, often precisely because their physical profile isn't right. Like Jurado.
That’s true, but the fact that so many of their academy graduates have had run-outs is because they’re physically ready - which is what I’m saying is lacking at United. Im talking about lads of 20, 21 who still look very slight. There’s no reason they can’t be building for 2-3 years by that age in readiness for the demands of professional football.

That’s true, but the fact that so many of their academy graduates have had run-outs is because they’re physically ready - which is what I’m saying is lacking at United. Im talking about lads of 20, 21 who still look very slight. There’s no reason they can’t be building for 2-3 years by that age in readiness for the demands of professional football.

The fact mainoo got his chance proves the point. Physique isn’t “just biology”.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Will be interesting to see whether he gets any minutes in the LaLiga 2.

All the best in the future!

Pericles

No. A very large portion of our academy players have physical limitations. Too many technically gifted players without physical qualities like Gomes, Levitt, Iqbal, Jurado, etc.
I am looking at Hansen-Aaroen and Lacey and i am worried history might repeat itself.

I have also specifically noted that Chelsea defenders in the academy are usually bigger and more athletic than ours.

P.S Mainoo is actually the exception that proves the rule. He got his chance because of all our midfielders he has been the one that has always been able to cope with the physical step up.

Demaw

Agree Pericles, we seen to have lots of small looking academy boys who just don't move up. Lacey is actually my worry, he isn't quick and absolute lightweight. Angel was similar at his age. Shola another. watched Chelsea kids once and they just ran right through us. Who have made it, bigger kids like Rash, Scott and Mainoo.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Chelsea focus their recruitment and retention on size as a main parameter (which a number of their foundation stage coaches aren't happy with) they do the whole testing malarky to see where the kids project to end up height and weight wise, we used to do the same thing but we binned it off because it looks like the technology isn't all that accurate (McTominay being one case from within the club).

Status
Not open for further replies.