5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Holy cnut, apparently he's on £215,000 a week! Absolutely not worth that. Didn't someone say he made 10 passes last night? For a player linking the play between midfield and attack, at home, that is insane (if correct).
His wage is an issue if we sign him permanently. Too expensive for mortal squad player wage.

So far, he tends to fade after a half of football too. Still run and try thing, but often second best and outfought. So not really convincing for a prominent role, unless he keeps scoring and make a name for himself as back up scorer. Only then the ability to score goal would make the transfer worth it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought he was going to be like Fred but he's more of a Van de Beek but more premier league ready and impactful, while being just about as involved in terms of passing.

Ekeke

I'm not a huge fan of how Bruno plays the number 10 role, either, but he's better than Sabitzer.

I'd take him on a free as a backup, sure, but spending money on him strikes me as unwise in our current financial situation.
Of course he's miles better than Sabitzer. But if hes quiet other than scoring 2 goals, he's mostly done his job.

Ekeke

Yeah, but McTominay got two goals against Spain and Spain>Sevilla so ...
And thats great. But we arent Scotland. We're Man United. So if McTom can score that many goals for us in a short space of time great, but if its for Scotland it doesnt help us at all and is something completely different

FerociousCorgis

always amusing to see the various agendas. Same people bashing Sabitzer for his "overall play" are prob the same people who would defend bruno had the roles been reversed and be claiming "he scored 2 goals what more do you want". Think sabitzer was playing very well when martial was in and the club was focused going forward. After we lost momentum pretty much everyone lost their way. Considering i saw more from sabitzer than WW has shown all season in a similar role thought it was fine. Moving forward he seems like perhaps a good option if we want to retain for hopefully a cheap forward midfield type. Seems like a better advanced mctominay. Just like mctominay i wouldnt consider him an answer for our deeper CM options/needs for next year.

OrcaFat

He actually is a very versatile player who can play in different roles on the pitch - and did in the past. Maybe not 1st choice on any but on a high level throughout. Do not forget that he did not have a preseason with this team and got thrown in in the middle of it. In this schedule with matches every 3 days there nearly are no real trainings units for the basic structures but regenerations and preparations for specific matches.

Like this he for sure it is easier right now to be implemented further up the pitch as it is more difficult to be integrated deeper on the fast. I often have seen with midfielders that they needed atleast half a year or more to really show their value.
Good post. From what I’ve seen he is very useful cover for 6, 8 and 10 and can do any of those without causing us problems, unlike some of our other midfield options. He’s not convinced anyone that he can improve our starting 11 - probably nobody is even suggesting that he could. He is a good player though and has improved the squad.

Identifying realistic transfer targets and actually getting the deals done is far from easy. If we sign an elite no8 and dedicated cover at no6 then probably we don’t need Sab but it’s all about who we are able to get for the money we’ve got available to spend.

E-mal

He scored two goals yesterday but he was useless in other aspects of the game. We should not be taking him on such wages and a transfer fee to boot especially considering his age and the ages of our current midfielders

Abraxas

Looks more like an attacker than a midfielder. They were great pieces of movement and finishing. That header at the weekend to provide the assist. You can see how he started his career as more of an attacker, and I don't really see any evidence that should have changed beyond the fact he's not the fastest player. In midfield he's never really fundamental to the game, he just sort of gets by. Overall I lean towards him being kind of unnecessary here beyond this season. But he's a decent footballer.

Belisarius

I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another on whether we should try and keep him long term. The right answer I suspect is it depends. Who of our existing guys we sell. Who we get in. How we view our academy mid-fielders. His wages and transfer fee.

But, all that aside. I like the guy. I"m not sure if it is his play, attitude, professionalism, output. But, I like him.

Rapidviennafan

Supports
Rapid Vienna
What is the latest on his injury, is he back in training - does anyone know?
The Sevilla announcement is not clear about him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Seems like he’s really enjoying his time here - wonder how he feels if we don’t make the signing permanent.

Alemar

Seems like he’s really enjoying his time here - wonder how he feels if we don’t make the signing permanent.
Why wouldn’t he enjoy it? He gets 10x playing time compared to what he had at Bayern, scored a few goals, registered a couple of assists, and is yet to deliver poor performance (usually either Ok or good matches from him).

Sevilla 3:0 Man Utd

Bobski

Type of performance that will make Donny proud.

Can't be bringing this guy in on a big wage, he is alright but really lacks physicality.

Mainoldo

Can we all agree he can go back to the club that got smacked up by our neighbours now.

Roboc7

He’s decent but if we buy him he’ll be deadwood in 12-18 months. Didn’t play well tonight but neither did anyone else.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He had two fairly good games while played as #10. In every other game (including two others in that position) he's been very average or downright poor. I really don't see the point of us signing him permanently unless he's happy to just be cheap back-up for Bruno AND he starts to show more consistency in that role.

Betson

Don't really see what he brings , has not improved us at all. Squad player and average one at that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Crap tonight, but in general he's fine, but we should aim higher even got our squad players I don't think we should sign him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In a better more dominant team Sabitzer could be your luxury player, arriving late in the box for goals. However, as the replacement for the guy at the weekend who ran more than anyone else, won numerous duels, made several ball recoveries, he was Van de Beek levels of insufficient cover.

criticalanalysis

He can be a classy player but like a lot of players, play better when we dominate the ball and the opposition are pushovers.

We shouldn't be buying or using our budget on him unless he was free and on a super cheap contract i.e no chance.

Abraxas

In a better more dominant team Sabitzer could be your luxury player, arriving late in the box for goals. However, as the replacement for the guy at the weekend who ran more than anyone else, won numerous duels, made several ball recoveries, he was Van de Beek levels of insufficient cover.
I'd dispute that he's remotely good enough to be classed as a luxury player. That usually implies some kind of special abilities that are compensated for by teammates. I see the opposite. A player with no remarkable qualities I can identify.

Idxomer

You can't have a luxury player like that anymore in the PL.

Ekeke

I think his recent scoring meant he deserved the chance, but he had a DVB-like performance tonight where he was not involved enough and not enough of a goal threat. Martial was constantly coming deep to get a touch and Sabitzer would get forward becoming the striker in the attack but we never looked like finding him and scoring a goal. We didnt even manage a shot on target with this tactic. We only managed 1 after it, but still

Idxomer

Man City can. We're just miles off that level of dominance.
Man City's luxury player is Erling fecking Haaland. The one before him was Sterling who was a better dribbler than anyone we have in the squad right now.

Pep would never have a player like Sabitzer in his squad.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
And thats great. But we arent Scotland. We're Man United. So if McTom can score that many goals for us in a short space of time great, but if its for Scotland it doesnt help us at all and is something completely different
It's still impressive, and that was the point of the post.

E-mal

He is not talented enough to even be a squad player if we want to be a serious team. Guy is really tumescent, slow and anonymous.

Telsim

Reminds me of Van de Beek a little. I mean, scored two goals last time, but in general he just doesn't really stand out, neither in a bad nor a good way. I don't think we need what he offers, even as a squad player. I'm not even sure what is it that he offers?

Lecland07

He made less passes than Fred. Really bad. Almost Mctominay-esque.

Fred - 21 passes - 100% success
Sabitzer - 20 passes - 60% success.

ManRed

Really poor all game. I was surprised he came out in the second half. Would have preferred if Eriksen went up and Fred replaced Sabitzer at half time.

Sylar

Really poor all game. I was surprised he came out in the second half. Would have preferred if Eriksen went up and Fred replaced Sabitzer at half time.
Yeah, I know he scored twice last week but it wasn't working this week, we needed that chance in the middle.

Dominos

I'm just not seeing it with him at all. He might have a half-decent goal threat, but the rest of his game is underwhelming. Not very involved in games, doesn't look anything special technically, doesn't offer much in terms of range of passing or setting the tempo, not really seen any creativity, off the ball defensive work is average.

He's been OK as a short term loan, but I couldn't get excited about signing him on a permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.