Marcel Sabitzer - (Use the Player Performance thread to discuss his matchday performances)

Djemba-Djemba

Seeing the Eriksen news this morning I just thought oh fecking hell mostly because we're going to really miss him but also because I assumed we'd not be getting anyone in and we'd have to muddle through with what we had.

To get this loan signing in is a big relief.

mancsarered

Could be an all-time Deadline Day transfer if we end up with a cup or two and Top 4 in Ten Hag's first campaign.

Rustyspider13

Welcome Marcel! Hope you recapture your Leipzig form here.

Well done to the club staff for getting this over the line. Addressed a severe need very quickly. I was prepared for them to just go "we'll see next season as it's too late", but they proved me wrong.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Something tells me he was one of our targets from previous window so we only needed to inquire Bayern if a loan deal is possible.

BlueHaze

Shame about no option to buy. Always good to have that in case he now becomes a real good fit.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Just watched his highlight reel against us home and away in the champions league there, wow he looks a player

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Was worried that we might not get this sorted out before deadline (even for a loan). Terrific player, obviously completely different to Eriksen but very reliable and good on the press. I think he'll be slightly better against pressing teams than Eriksen and his passing isn't too bad either?

I'm not going to shit on other midfielders at the club but, when you consider that we're badly needing options, he's a great signing. Hopefully he has a fantastic six months and meets ou expectations like Case, Martinez and Malacia have (for the record I still have hope for Antony once he settles) because it'll just highlight that the club is finally making great decisions when it comes to recruitment.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

Solid player, doesn't replace Eriksen's creativity but he's a better version of Fred at least. Certainly better than nothing even though I don't think he'll set the league alight.

Jam

Worried that we might not get this sorted out before deadline (even for a loan). Terrific player, obviously completely different to Eriksen but very reliable and good on the press. I think he'll be slightly better against pressing teams than Eriksen and his passing isn't too bad either?

I'm not going to shit on other midfielders at the club but, when you consider that we're badly needing options, he's a great signing. Hopefully he has a fantastic six months and meets ou expectations like Case, Martinez and Malacia have (for the record I still have hope for Antony once he settles) because it'll just highlight that the club is finally making great decisions when it comes to recruitment.
It’s done?

TheReligion

Abusive
Worried that we might not get this sorted out before deadline (even for a loan). Terrific player, obviously completely different to Eriksen but very reliable and good on the press. I think he'll be slightly better against pressing teams than Eriksen and his passing isn't too bad either?

It’s been announced by the club

Looks very much like United and Ten Hag considered him in the summer so they clearly believe he’s the right fit.

It does feel like we are getting our act together.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Solid player, doesn't replace Eriksen's creativity but he's a better version of Fred at least. Certainly better than nothing even though I don't think he'll set the league alight.
This is important to highlight. He doesn't have the playmaking abilities that Eriksen does, but he keeps the passing tempo high, and his creativity comes to the fore in wider areas. He's terrific at dribbling the ball out of danger and can keep the ball under intense pressure. Defensively, he's tenacious and a great presser, but he doesn't position himself in the midfield and read the game as well as Eriksen does.

In comparison to Fred, he's better on the ball and slightly worse off it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Speaks volumes about how quick Bayern were as well as us. Typical German efficiency. They will meticulously plan during working hours to ensure maximum output from their resources, before retiring for the evening to enjoy delicious pastries, massive amounts of alcohol and psychotic orgies - because Germans are both brilliant and equally batshit mental.

CM

Fair play managing to get the deal done. I really didn't think we'd get anybody in today and Sabitzer's a pretty good player for a deadline day trolley dash when you have no money. Rangnick probably rolling in his grave seeing this.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fred who has better technique, better long shooting, and a better press-resistant. More like Kovacic imo.

alexthelion

It’s been announced by the club

Looks very much like United and Ten Hag considered him in the summer so they clearly believe he’s the right fit.

It does feel like we are getting our act together.
If only they'd got rid of Woodward a lot sooner.

Chief123

At least we have a proper weapon on free kicks and set pieces now!

Faetheshire86

Gave the recruitment team (whoever they are) plenty of stick over how the summer window was handled, but have to give them props for the business done in January with no money available.

Two shrewd singings, filling holes in our squad with players who look like they fit the system. Square pegs in square holes for a change.

Aretak

Think he'll prove to be an excellent signing. The midfield situation would have been pretty grim with Eriksen out.

Blood Mage

The United corner curse even managed to claim Eriksen who was one of the best corner takers in the world so I'm not hopeful that Sabitzer can avoid it. :(