Marcel Sabitzer - (Use the Player Performance thread to discuss his matchday performances)

BlueHaze

He will 100% do well I am certain of that. Perhaps the club will even want him on a permanent deal if a good price could be agreed upon.

Isafim

Sabitzer is a player who arrives on loan with an option to buy for us who were not on the market until we received the news that Cristian Eriksen was injured for three months. A totally reckless and irresponsible entry by Andy Carroll that hurt Eriksen who was playing very well and now we lose him until the end of April / beginning of May (practically the rest of the season).

As much as Erik ten Haag said at the press conference earlier that he's fine with the options he has, I think it was a chat for the press. Within the club there was evidently a plan to bring in a replacement. Because looking at the locker room: McTominay has an injury at the moment, Van de Beek is injured and won't be back until next season and there's only Fred for midfield. We can push back Bruno but it's not interesting. Sabitzer's quest I find interesting. You can't say he's a player who worked at Bayern Munich so much so that he's loaning a 28-year-old player. There were two goals and two assists in 54 games. He's not that guy from Leipzig, but he could be again. So for us as a last-minute replacement for an injured player... Good deal

LuckyScout78

Personally i will rate him.

Not a world class CM and nr.8. And not only good too. Because as Ten Hag state. Good is not good enough. So i do agree with Ten Hag.

Sabitzer is a very good CM/nr.8. Not top class neither only a good CM.

I can see and agree why he is behind Joshua Kimmich as the dictate and creative nr.8 at Bayern Munich. I would pick Kimmich over Sabitzer as Bayern Munich head coach too.

Joshua Kimmich is a machine and a winner.

About Sabitzer. He is composure, precise and good with the ball. But the is lacking the fighting spirit and winning mentality a la Joshua Kimmich, Bruno and Lisandro Martinez. A common ability of top and world class players.

Diego Maradonna, Patrick Viera, Scholes. We can observe and feel that energy guts and drive. They want to win so so badly. Those world class players and head.

But very good is good enough. So i think he can be a positive and good deal for Manchester United.

georgipep

It is quite literally the global second language and the most widely spoken language by like 300 million. Put that in the context of people who can speak it in a basic conversational manner or who interact with it via tv, music tourists etc. Then yes English is the universal language. Mandarin is pretty much localised to a single region.

Anyway glad we’ve signed Sabitzer I think he has the physicality to perform well in the league.
And quite literally Chinese is spoken by at least 1.3bn people.

Yes, glad we've signed Sabitzer.

georgipep

Ah yes, a great bunch of lads there. I though Sabitzer was Austrian though.
Do you know what language they speak in Austria?
I think there are more English speakers than Mandarin speakers (not just including first language), and the points from the previous poster about English not being as localised and people speaking some English words without being fluent are valid.

But, more importantly, is anyone weirdly excited for his loan? Something about that photo did it for me.
According to the top results on Google, more people speak Chinese than English (regardless if as native or acquired language).

I'm super excited about the loan. Especially considering he used to play much higher up the field. Hope he adapts well to the PL.
And more people speak English.

Good me too.
According to the top results on Google, you are wrong.

Handré1990

Do you know what language they speak in Austria?

According to the top results on Google, more people speak Chinese than English (regardless if as native or acquired language).

I'm super excited about the loan. Especially considering he used to play much higher up the field. Hope he adapts well to the PL.

According to the top results on Google, you are wrong.
They would be wrong, don’t take our word for it though.

macheda14

https://www.ethnologue.com/guides/most-spoken-languages

https://www.all-languages.org.uk/news/what-is-the-most-spoken-language-in-the-world-2022/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world
Here scroll down to total speakers not native ones

https://www.movehub.com/blog/global-second-languages/
‘English takes the crown as the most common second language around the world with 55 countries speaking it as a second language. France and Russia are second and third with 14 and 13 respectively.’

Stop being wilfully obtuse. Do some research.

We’re derailing the thread and I’m sorry to other posters, but this poster is very annoyingly stubborn.

georgipep

https://www.ethnologue.com/guides/most-spoken-languages

https://www.all-languages.org.uk/news/what-is-the-most-spoken-language-in-the-world-2022/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world
Here scroll down to total speakers not native ones

https://www.movehub.com/blog/global-second-languages/
‘English takes the crown as the most common second language around the world with 55 countries speaking it as a second language. France and Russia are second and third with 14 and 13 respectively.’

Stop being wilfully obtuse. Do some research.

We’re derailing the thread and I’m sorry to other posters, but this poster is very annoyingly stubborn.
If you really want to die on this hill, cool.
Open the babel link. Check the first Chinese entry, it says 1.3bn native, out of which 900mn Mandarin, right? That means another 400mn in other Chinese, mainly Cantonese, right?

Then it says in the totals that Mandarin is spoken by a totalof 1.15bn,right? So, that's, 1.15bn plus AT LEAST another 400mn for non-Mandarin Chinese, right?

Do you want me to do the math with you?

December_16

Wow, the last thing I expect when coming into a Sabitzer thread is a debate around fecking Mandarin as a language. Like, how did this lead to that? I can’t be arsed to go back and read thru the insanity, but this is one of the most insane digressions of all time, by Caf standard. He doesn’t even look Asian, no matter how hard you squint.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Wow, the last thing I expect when coming into a Sabitzer thread is a debate around fecking Mandarin as a language. Like, how did this lead to that? I can’t be arsed to go back and read thru the insanity, but this is one of the most insane digressions of all time, by Caf standard. He doesn’t even look Asian, no matter how hard you squint.
Its the Samurai haircut

JuriM

There's been enough squinting already.

macheda14

If you really want to die on this hill, cool.
Open the babel link. Check the first Chinese entry, it says 1.3bn native, out of which 900mn Mandarin, right? That means another 400mn in other Chinese, mainly Cantonese, right?

Then it says in the totals that Mandarin is spoken by a totalof 1.15bn,right? So, that's, 1.15bn plus AT LEAST another 400mn for non-Mandarin Chinese, right?

Do you want me to do the math with you?
Different languages mate. Chinese isn’t a language - standard Chinese is. But again that’s included in some of these links because it’s similar to mandarin.
But anyway scroll down to the most speakers half way down the page. Same link.

can we please stop. I just can’t let you think you’re right.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Christ on a stick.... Give it a fecking rest on this language discussion. It's pedantic, pointless and irrelevant here.

Stop being boring cnuts. Just feck off elsewhere if you want to discuss it further. Two days of this shit is enough.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sabitzer is a player who arrives on loan with an option to buy for us who were not on the market until we received the news that Cristian Eriksen was injured for three months. A totally reckless and irresponsible entry by Andy Carroll that hurt Eriksen who was playing very well and now we lose him until the end of April / beginning of May (practically the rest of the season).

As much as Erik ten Haag said at the press conference earlier that he's fine with the options he has, I think it was a chat for the press. Within the club there was evidently a plan to bring in a replacement. Because looking at the locker room: McTominay has an injury at the moment, Van de Beek is injured and won't be back until next season and there's only Fred for midfield. We can push back Bruno but it's not interesting. Sabitzer's quest I find interesting. You can't say he's a player who worked at Bayern Munich so much so that he's loaning a 28-year-old player. There were two goals and two assists in 54 games. He's not that guy from Leipzig, but he could be again. So for us as a last-minute replacement for an injured player... Good deal
No he doesn’t. It’s just a straight loan.

georgipep

Gator Nate

Firstly I’d like to congratulate the back room staff for getting his signature over the line at such short notice. I’m confident that Marcel will be able to make an immediate impact and receive the respect and recognition he rightly deserves.
The fact that we got (assuming he plays well) exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it, on that short notice indicates that the back room staff are already on top of things, scouting-wise. This is way bigger than just signing Sabitzer. Word was that several replacements were offered, even by large clubs, and we turned them down for this guy. We were already prepared to get him specifically when the need arose. That is huge.

Coops73

Christ on a stick.... Give it a fecking rest on this language discussion. It's pedantic, pointless and irrelevant here.

Stop being boring cnuts. Just feck off elsewhere if you want to discuss it further. Two days of this shit is enough.
Yeah feck sake, give it a rest why dontcha!….what’s this about language?