Marcel Sabitzer - (Use the Player Performance thread to discuss his matchday performances)

Lj82

If you really want to die on this hill, cool.
Open the babel link. Check the first Chinese entry, it says 1.3bn native, out of which 900mn Mandarin, right? That means another 400mn in other Chinese, mainly Cantonese, right?

Then it says in the totals that Mandarin is spoken by a totalof 1.15bn,right? So, that's, 1.15bn plus AT LEAST another 400mn for non-Mandarin Chinese, right?

Do you want me to do the math with you?
This is seriously off topic. But I'll just leave this here. I didn't click the link, but the bolded part looks really off. It is mandatory for all Chinese citizens to learn putonghua (mandarin), and it is very very unlikely Cantonese speakers make up 1/3 of their population.

RedDevilRoshi

Well I edited it, I couldnt remember if Casemiro was captain at Madrid, was it him or Benzema?
Can’t remember Casemiro being captain at Real Madrid. Think it was Benzema once Ramos left or may have even been Marcelo before Benzema but not 100% sure.

RuudTom83

Casemiro is defiantly captain material...you'd think he must of had the armband for a few games/minutes.

Gator Nate

Casemiro is defiantly captain material...you'd think he must of had the armband for a few games/minutes.
Maybe, but watching his interactions with refs, I don't think he's the guy you want wearing the armband. Bruno is much better at pleading a case. Casemiro's interactions look more like, "Yeah, I did it... he deserved it... why did you give me a card?" Bruno's immediate intervention on that "almost offside" goal was a prime example of how he can handle referees. Yeah, he comes across as a whiner sometimes (less so since the WC, it seems to me) but he does a great job with the refs.

That said, Casemiro is most certainly a leader by example and attitude among his teammates, something this team needed more of desperately.

Veering that back to the main topic, though, notice the stronger personalities brought in this year - Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, and now Sabitzer (it looks like). Weghorst to a lesser extent (I view him as more of a gonzo, all-in-in-the-moment kind of guy). More than anything, we needed a balance to the Rashford-Martial-Fred-Maguire end of the spectrum.

Lyng

I have been moving so havent been on here for a few days. But just want to say I am so happy we have signed Sabitzer on loan. He was great in Leipzig, and I think he has looked very good at Bayern when given the chance.
He has played all over the pitch and is highly versatile. Cannot wait to see him debut for us. Hope he hits the ground running.

Satissh12

Watched some of his compilation, most of his open play passes so remind me of Bruno...

bosskeano

Looks like EtH has hinted that you could see him feature tomorrow and even possibly start the match as he feels he is fit enough and smart enough to understand his role

croadyman

Watched some of his compilation, most of his open play passes so remind me of Bruno...
Cheers for uploading because hadn't seen any YT videos showing through balls,whereas with this one can't decide my favourite between ones at 0:39,3:04,3:27 or 4:04. Such a kick in the teeth he's not able to play in the Nou Camp

Mr.Hik

You're friends with Brazzo then are you? :lol:
Sorry, I have only 3 post per day and I can't sometimes answers all the them.
Yeah I know Hasan or Braco.
My brother in love is really good friend of him. They grow up together, and played for local club (Turbina) but my BiL had two left foots, and ended up in musical school. Hasan saved his ass when the shit started in ex Yugoslavia
. Helped him first
to move to Germany then to Holland (they had easier migrants laws at the time). They are still good friends. Family gatherings and all that, and my BIL always get the Bayern season card. He loves Bayern ( He is from Zwolle, can you blame him). Braco is douchebag sometimes but would give you last euro haha.
Want more Bundesliga trivia?
Boris Zivkovic, of Leverkusen and Croatia fame, he is from Bosnia. His mom worked with my mom. Always class guy, would bring gifts. I have picture with his Ferrari somewhere (it was after war in Bosnia and that was big deal)
Stevic, Dortmund, he was my neighbor before shit the hit fan in Yugoslavia. Class guy, he did me bring few replicas . Borussia was the big time in Bosnia when they won that CL.
Zlatan Bajramovic, cousin from the mother side. But he played for O4 so you hate him anyway.
Ibisevic, we did Red Bull comercial together, he is such a good person.

Edit, spelled wrong Ibisevic

Reactions: golden_blunder

Mr.Hik

Yeah I like Bayern.

A few years ago for my mates stag do to Munich we emailed Bayern about possibly getting to a game. They were away from home so didn't work out but they were great in dealing with us. Off on a tangent but Munich was a fantastic city too.
Great city and great club.

colombianmancunian

Cheers for uploading because hadn't seen any YT videos showing through balls,whereas with this one can't decide my favourite between ones at 0:39,3:04,3:27 or 4:04. Such a kick in the teeth he's not able to play in the Nou Camp
Why can’t he play at the Spotify?

Kag

Really looking forward to seeing what he’s about. Best case scenario is that we’ve got an upgrade on a loan deal, especially defensively.

He looks made for that Eriksen role in that he can pull wide left and give options for Martinez. Eriksen’s importance to our build up is so underrated, so hopefully Sabitzer can do that well for us.

Red_Heisenberg

等不及要看他比赛了,假设他今天会坐在替补席上。

For all the mandarin speakers out there.

Glorio

Looks like EtH has hinted that you could see him feature tomorrow and even possibly start the match as he feels he is fit enough and smart enough to understand his role
Sounds like the boss has beem impressed, which is always great.

I always wonder about what's going on in new players' heads on their first day in training for a new big club. You'll be looking to guage the abilities of your team mates at close quarters, and your team mates will be doing the same.

You're either thinking after seeing others, "yeah I'm taking someone's shirt here easy", or on the other hand thinking "I'm out of my depth here, my goodness!" (think it was Evra who said had similar thoughts).

If you've had a poor session, pretty sure you'd be wondering what your team mates think as well, you listen to Rio and it's clear (heh) they have a lot of opinions on new players!
I can imagine many new players apologising to their team mates and going "I promise I'm usually not that bad". Not the best start if you've come in as a record signing! :lol: It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that many a career has spiralled downwards from that point.

Thing with football is it's very transparent as well, you're not struggling behind a desk, there's no hiding place and it's like doing a presentation on your first day in the office in front of you boss and all your new colleagues.
I suppose very similarly then, one would think folks would initially be understanding and put poor performances down to nerves, rather than poor general effectiveness.