Marcel Sabitzer - (Use the Player Performance thread to discuss his matchday performances)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think he’ll do really well here and if he does we should consider buying at the end of the season. Wouldn’t cost to much and would add some good squad depth.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He's going to be mint. I have loved seeing Eriksen, but this guy will make us even harder to break down in midfield and has the engine for 90 minutes.

I think Eriksen has played way more minutes than is ideal for him this season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How is his passing? Does he provide creativity? Dont think I have ever seen him play but Eriksen was a very progressive player and I fear we will miss that

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Works harder than Eriksen and much stronger. Also has a wicked shot in him. Despite all those he is no donkey, he is technically okay. I think him and Casemiro would be scary to play against.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's going to be mint. I have loved seeing Eriksen, but this guy will make us even harder to break down in midfield and has the engine for 90 minutes.

I think Eriksen has played way more minutes than is ideal for him this season.
Curious why people keep saying that? There’s no reason why he can’t play as many games as his colleagues

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Curious why people keep saying that? There’s no reason why he can’t play as many games as his colleagues
He's rarely completed 90 minutes for us all season mate. He's been great but he's faded out of games after 60-70 minutes and regularly is one of the first to be subbed

Utuhu

Ten Hag should ditch the 4231 and go for an inverted fullbacks 433 inorder to get the best of him.

Let Shaw and Dalot/AWB invert in and support Casemiro while Sabitzer and Bruno should be given a free role No.10s, Sancho and Antony to hug the touchline for width and Rashy upfront.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's rarely completed 90 minutes for us all season mate. He's been great but he's faded out of games after 60-70 minutes and regularly is one of the first to be subbed
I could be wrong but I think that’s more of an issue like Anderson used to have, just couldn’t see a game out. Whether he starts 10 games or 40 games I think that is always gonna be there. Could be wrong, maybe he needs a rest

meamth

Ten Hag should ditch the 4231 and go for an inverted fullbacks 433 inorder to get the best of him.

Let Shaw and Dalot/AWB invert in and support Casemiro while Sabitzer and Bruno should be given a free role No.10s, Sancho and Antony to hug the touchline for width and Rashy upfront.
Sancho couldn't hug the line, he is not that type of player. Garnacho could work.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
His best bit of play which could have led to a third goal was unfairly punished by the ref from what I could see.

David Bartley

His best bit of play which could have led to a third goal was unfairly punished by the ref from what I could see.
Not in a million years was that a foul by Sabitzer. He looked very promising today. Which is good for us now Case is out.

croadyman

Sounds like he had promising cameo,such a pain we won't get to see him & Casa together until League Cup Final,well bar us getting it turned over via appeal.

Brophs

The One and Only
Him bombing past the forward players at one stage while we were holding on with 10 men was quite funny, albeit it gave me palpitations.

Belisarius

With Casemiro out for the next 3 games and McTominay still injured, it looks like he's going to get thrown in at the deep end. I hope he is up to it.

Rapidviennafan

Supports
Rapid Vienna
My first posting in this forum. Being an Austrian, I follow the Austrian players internationally, therefore now Manchester United.

What I read about Sabitzer in this forum is pretty much how I see him. He can play all positions in midfield. On the wings (he played that) as well as in the center. I see him best as defensive midfield, so the classical 6, that keeps the shop together with a second or third midfielder, who cover the offensive parts. Don't expect technical brilliancy but more a power horse, that covers the room behind the attacking players.

Why did he not play at Bayern Munich recently? This is because Leon Goretzka is German national player and one of the faces of the Bayern Munich club. At the beginning of the season Goretzka was injured and Sabitzer played together with Kimmich in the midfield. There Kimmich was the offensive player of the two and Sabitzer covered the back. They were petty successful. Then Goretzka came back and played instead of Sabitzer and Bayern scored far less points. Goretzka is a wild card, plays very offensively and is all over the pitch. Last round against Wolfsburg Kimmich had to commit a foul against a Wolfsburg player at a counter attack, because noone was covering the back. This foul was the second yellow card and Kimmich was sent off. Fans are criticizing performance of Goretzka heavily but apparently Nagelsmann, the couch wants him to play as he is going.
Then, there is Gravenbach, a young player, that came recently from Ajax, who is also playing in the mid field and it seems Nagelsmann sees also Gravenbach better than Sabitzer. Just a couple of days ago, Gravenbach got an injury. So, Sabitzer was ranked within Bayern as #4 (after Kimmich, Goretzka and Gravenbach) for two available places in the defensive midfield.

Reactions: Fortitude

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
My first posting in this forum. Being an Austrian, I follow the Austrian players internationally, therefore now Manchester United.

What I read about Sabitzer in this forum is pretty much how I see him. He can play all positions in midfield. On the wings (he played that) as well as in the center. I see him best as defensive midfield, so the classical 6, that keeps the shop together with a second or third midfielder, who cover the offensive parts. Don't expect technical brilliancy but more a power horse, that covers the room behind the attacking players.

Why did he not play at Bayern Munich recently? This is because Leon Goretzka is German national player and one of the faces of the Bayern Munich club. At the beginning of the season Goretzka was injured and Sabitzer played together with Kimmich in the midfield. There Kimmich was the offensive player of the two and Sabitzer covered the back. They were petty successful. Then Goretzka came back and played instead of Sabitzer and Bayern scored far less points. Goretzka is a wild card, plays very offensively and is all over the pitch. Last round against Wolfsburg Kimmich had to commit a foul against a Wolfsburg player at a counter attack, because noone was covering the back. This foul was the second yellow card and Kimmich was sent off. Fans are criticizing performance of Goretzka heavily but apparently Nagelsmann, the couch wants him to play as he is going.
Then, there is Gravenbach, a young player, that came recently from Ajax, who is also playing in the mid field and it seems Nagelsmann sees also Gravenbach better than Sabitzer. Just a couple of days ago, Gravenbach got an injury. So, Sabitzer was ranked within Bayern as #4 (after Kimmich, Goretzka and Gravenbach) for two available places in the defensive midfield.
Great post.

Do you see him like a Casemiro type player or a Fred, all energy?

OrcaFat

Feels to me like he has bit of both,however I'm sure this Austrian guy knows better than me
From what I’ve seen he is more technical than Fred and more mobile than Casemiro. He has some of Eriksen’s qualities as well. One of the pundits likened him to Beckham (can’t remember who and it seems a stretch but he has played as a winger and seems to have a good passing range).

I think his best position is in a double pivot with Casemiro and, of the two, Sabitzer would be more likely to get forward.

I’m sure I’ll get laughed out of the place but he reminds me of FDJ a bit - not as good, I suppose, but with most of the tools and the required intelligence to play that way. I think we have to remember that he’s been brought in to cover Eriksen so it’s a fair guess he’ll be asked to adopt a similar role, when Case gets back from his ban.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Good to read. Nice post overall.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Good post, and welcome to the forum!

BlueHaze

This is a good video if you havn't seen it. I hope we can keep him.

Rauður Djöfull

This is a good video if you havn't seen it. I hope we can keep him.

Just watched this one no, not seen others but noticed he scores from outside the box with left and right foot in that video, should please Antony haters
Maybe he can teach him

Abraxas

I think it'll be a big game for him tomorrow. I would imagine he will start as I don't see this manager liking to see McFred in terms of the balance he prefers. So this fella would seem to be the next cab off the rank.