Nationality: Austria

Height: 177 cm
Position: Midfield - Central Midfield
Foot: Right
Current club: RB Leipzig

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2022
Date of last contract extension: Apr 11, 2018​

5yearsRanking

Meh. Don’t really like him. He has his 2-3 flashy plays per season, but I really don’t see more than a squad player for us in him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Our name is just being thrown in there. Pretty sure he's nailed on for spurs.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Rate this guy, and it will all come down to whether Pogba stays is my feeling. Great engine and physically very strong. Can sit deep and dictate play and can also play a little further up the pitch. Sometimes you have to take players comments with a pinch of salt but he was recently quoted as saying he is relaxed around the new contract but winning titles is important to his career. So seems to have the right mentallity.

I think with our Current set up Ole, truly doesn't trust Fred to be the single pivot in midfield. He is not disciplined enough for the roll, nor he can physically dominate in the same way as say a Rice or Ndidi can do. So he is forced to play McTominay deep or Matic. Sabitzer is good enough to be a single deep midfielder from what I have seen of him.

SAFMUTD

Rate this guy, and it will all come down to whether Pogba stays is my feeling. Great engine and physically very strong. Can sit deep and dictate play and can also play a little further up the pitch. Sometimes you have to take players comments with a pinch of salt but he was recently quoted as saying he is relaxed around the new contract but winning titles is important to his career. So seems to have the right mentallity.

I think with our Current set up Ole, truly doesn't trust Fred to be the single pivot in midfield. He is not disciplined enough for the roll, nor he can physically dominate in the same way as say a Rice or Ndidi can do. So he is forced to play McTominay deep or Matic. Sabitzer is good enough to be a single deep midfielder from what I have seen of him.
Is he a CDM? From what I saw with Leipzig in the both legs against us I though he played more an offensive rather than defensive midfielder.

Anduin

He is not a CDM. He can play in a midfield three, attacking midfielder or even second striker, and he could potentially also cover both wings, which was his initial position back in the Austrian Bundesliga. I would never trust him with the role Fred has though.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He is not a CDM. He can play in a midfield three, attacking midfielder or even second striker, and he could potentially also cover both wings, which was his initial position back in the Austrian Bundesliga. I would never trust him with the role Fred has though.
The issue is I don't trust Fred in the role Fred plays.

Patchbeard

The only thing I remember about him is that he made terrible defensive mistakes leading to goals against both us and Liverpool this season, so I definitely wouldn't trust him in his own half!

youngrell

Only really watched him in the two games against us, so difficult to judge.

First game he was a complete disaster and played a huge role in the 5-0 once he came off the bench (may not have been match fit). Truly one of the worst cameos I've seen for a while.

Second game, bossed our midfield early on and was the one usually spraying the ball to Angelino as they took advantage of our weakness at RWB.

Craig Ward

Good player - but i'd struggle to see where he makes an impact for us.

Leipzip play such a good system and he suits them - they're midfield 3 are always mobile and interchanging and they're press is very good.

Much like Werner at Chelsea - struggled with the change of system and league. Could be the same for Sabitzer. He's certainly no CDM anyway - not the way we would want him to be.

Would be another Donny for me, great player, technically better than any of our deep midfielders but no real place for him due to the way we play.

RUCK4444

Good player - but i'd struggle to see where he makes an impact for us.

Leipzip play such a good system and he suits them - they're midfield 3 are always mobile and interchanging and they're press is very good.

Much like Werner at Chelsea - struggled with the change of system and league. Could be the same for Sabitzer. He's certainly no CDM anyway - not the way we would want him to be.

Would be another Donny for me, great player, technically better than any of our deep midfielders but no real place for him due to the way we play.
On the bolded, this is what I was thinking myself.

What is his actual best position? Doesn’t strike me as a DM. However technically a good player and would be happy to have him in the squad if the price were right.