Marcelo Bielsa appointed as Leeds United manager

Web of Bissaka

Read a story online there about him turning up at a 13 year old Mauricio Pochettino’s house late at night when he was in bed and spoke with his parents about looking to see him. The parents brought him up to the room, Bielsa studied Pochettino’s legs while he was still asleep and signed him because they were the legs of a footballer. Mental
:D Okay, this is really..

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Read a story online there about him turning up at a 13 year old Mauricio Pochettino’s house late at night when he was in bed and spoke with his parents about looking to see him. The parents brought him up to the room, Bielsa studied Pochettino’s legs while he was still asleep and signed him because they were the legs of a footballer. Mental
Should have called the police

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Phil Foden is going on a season long loan, Angus Gunn possibly signing permanently

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Had his first press conference earlier, spoke a good game like most new managers do but said he wanted to get rid of 15 players and bring in 5 or 6 new ones.

He’s either going to bring them up to the prem or it’ll backfire completely.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Here's the introductory 80 minute press conference.

Bielsa saying about 3 words every minute and translator guy making three sentences out of it. Reminds me when Chelsea had that translator for Ranieri. :D

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Here's the introductory 80 minute press conference.

Bielsa saying about 3 words every minute and translator guy making three sentences out of it. Reminds me when Chelsea had that translator for Ranieri. :D
Do they have signed new players and have ambitions regarding promotion or what? :)

RadamelFalcon

Who has an 80 minute press conference?!?! What a guy

Last edited by a moderator:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They've got Lewis Baker (central midfielder) and possibly Jamal Blackman (giant goalkeeper) on loan from Chelsea.

Does this mean I have to want them to do well? Ugh.

Hoof the ball

They've got Lewis Baker (central midfielder) and possibly Jamal Blackman (giant goalkeeper) on loan from Chelsea.

Does this mean I have to want them to do well? Ugh.
A United fan by more reticent to want Leeds to do well, but the prospect of Bielsa football being implemented at Championship level is an interesting proposition in itself. In essence, it's the task of taking non-elite football players and attempting to get them to play elite style football surrounded by a majority of teams who will, in contrast, attempt to play the exact opposite. The relative success of Bielsa might have influence on other lower league managers in terms of playing style. Certainly, I'd love to see progressive football embraced at all levels of the game.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Should acquaint himself nicely with English football. So his next move to OT will go smoothly. ;)

The-Mezzala

Interesting to see how a Bielsa side will look in a 46 match season.
Very good point his pressing game is so demanding. Championship football is Saturday Tuesday tough league.! Could start well and drop off late season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do they have signed new players and have ambitions regarding promotion or what? :)
Signed some good players today. Barry Douglas who was key LWB for Wolves last season (surprised they're letting him go).

Also signing Bamford from Boro for 7m which is a steal for striker of his quality in this league.

izec

Will tune in today for a bit to see how he does and they set up. After community shield and before our game seems a good time

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leeds looking good already. 1-0 up over Stoke, the favourites to win the league.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Tbf they look much more organised than seasons past

Still early days yet.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Could be revolutionary. Hopefully he's managing in the premier league next season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Great, now we’ve got commentators wanking over Leeds’ style of play as well :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
leeds have looked really good in the first 45 minutes... and Jack Butland (who I said all summer was England's best keeper) making me look stupid!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some beautiful passages of play from Leeds. It will all be up in flames soon enough though - it's Bielsa!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Some beautiful passages of play from Leeds. It will all be up in flames soon enough though - it's Bielsa!
Yeah, this is the worry. Didn't he start absolutely fantastically at Marseille and then crumble?

Nero

Considering the City and Liverpool love-in on here, I guess it makes sense to throw Leeds in the mix too. Complete the holy trinity.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
leeds have looked really good in the first 45 minutes... and Jack Butland (who I said all summer was England's best keeper) making me look stupid!
Butland can't kick properly and also weak on crosses. Nowhere near good enough for a CL team.

Hope he does well, it would be great to see Leeds back in the Premier League, rivalry and all.