Marcelo Bielsa appointed as Leeds United manager

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Sack Mourinho, sign Bielsa on the strength of today's match!

In seriousness they looked very good today, better than they've looked for a long time barring the very occasional flash under Monk and Christiansen. We'll see more from them, and from Stoke who may not have stopped the rot from last year despite being strong in this division on paper, but encouraging signs were in abundance today.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is quality but why has he never made it to a giant club?
Too volatile, he is a little bit like Zeman. They are great teachers but they can't really manage a team. These guys should be at the head of academies.

el3mel

Great manager. His attitude to run away at some point with zero excuses made him end at Leeds.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Really hoping Leeds have a good season - they are far too big of a club to be outside of the top flight for such a long time.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
:lol: Bizarre interviews. Why isn't the interpreter just speaking for him in English, instead of trying to translate back to him a language he doesn't know?

JMack1234

Still think it's asking a lot for them to play at this intensity for 46 games.

el3mel

Bielsa is too much for the EFL. He's a top manager. it's just his crap attitude that ended him accepting such a job.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I did find it hilarious that 5 live were all over the Lampard appointment while dismissing Bielsa a few days back.

He's a bit of a flawed genius - The flaws being that his methods take their toll on the players physically and mentally. Starting fast before dropping off is a theme of Bielsa's career as well as Leeds in recent years - Bielsa may have enough at this level though - Players in the Championship are generally willing workers who are up for this sort of challenge. It could actually be a good fit.

Saying that I hope he fails. I genuinely f*cking hate Leeds and never want to see them again in the PL. I hope they fold as a club and their vermin fanbase f*ck off. It's not even a rivalry so much as it's just general disdain. In the way I hate a disease. Stay irrelevant.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
7-2 v Derby and Stoke is very impressive.

Early days but looks like Leeds have the same fluidity in attack as Wolves did.

Think they'll struggle as/when injuries happen as they don't have a deep squad at all.

Wayne's World

He's a very very clever man but he's an absolute lunatic.

I'd love him here though because your going to get entertainment on and off the pitch

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah I'll be waiting till the end of the season before praising them, right now it's classic Bielsa. Incredible highs, shredding teams apart early on, everybody charmed by how cooky and clever he is. I think he's a fantastically talented coach but it can all go wrong so quickly with him, his Marseille side looked similarly brilliant for a while before dropping down. You get the feeling his methods wear a bit across a season, I think he was at his best as manager of a national team as opposed to a club.

Hope I'm completely wrong though, as I'd love to see him in the Premier League.

CallyRed

I did find it hilarious that 5 live were all over the Lampard appointment while dismissing Bielsa a few days back.

He's a bit of a flawed genius - The flaws being that his methods take their toll on the players physically and mentally. Starting fast before dropping off is a theme of Bielsa's career as well as Leeds in recent years - Bielsa may have enough at this level though - Players in the Championship are generally willing workers who are up for this sort of challenge. It could actually be a good fit.

Saying that I hope he fails. I genuinely f*cking hate Leeds and never want to see them again in the PL. I hope they fold as a club and their vermin fanbase f*ck off. It's not even a rivalry so much as it's just general disdain. In the way I hate a disease. Stay irrelevant.
Well wasnt expec

So what your saying is that you don't like Leeds?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Since the laughter of seeing them drop like a lead balloon, I've had a bit of a soft spot. Bad to say I know, but been living Leeds for a year now, always a good atmosphere at Elland Road.

Jam

Very good chance they're going to dick the Championship and look unbeatable.

Until Christmas when they get tired/injuries happen/Bielsa has glassed the chairman or something similar.

He's an incredible manager but generally isn't sustainable for an entire season and his personality is partial to clashing with people.

el3mel

He's a very very clever man but he's an absolute lunatic.

I'd love him here though because your going to get entertainment on and off the pitch
He's not getting a top job any time soon with his attitude of running away at the slightest issues.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Since the laughter of seeing them drop like a lead balloon, I've had a bit of a soft spot. Bad to say I know, but been living Leeds for a year now, always a good atmosphere at Elland Road.

I’m from Leeds so know everything about them due to my mates. Only 2 games but This is the best they’ve been in years and confidence is very high. I too hope they can get back to the prem

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Leeds getting Bielsa is a major coup and I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it. Ever since his Bilbao team blew us away in 2012 I've been a big fan of his.

I'm fully Mourinho in but should it all blow up we should poach Bielsa. He's an amazing coach and it'd be fun to sing 'Leeds are our feeder club' again.