Marcelo Bielsa appointed as Leeds United manager

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No one knows the classics anymore. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

Hate Leeds but love Bielsa. A true original. He’ll probably promote them and quit on the day the Premiership season starts :lol:
Ah bielsa bub (Beelzebub) okay I get it. It was 6:30am here and I am/was so confused.

Revaulx

I love Bielsa. And I love Leeds (the city).

Leeds (the club) are something else altogether, and seeing them remotely successful and their fans happy is pretty nauseating.

Let’s hope there’s an almighty fallout and he gets poached by Sheffield Wednesday. That would really piss the Leeds fans off :drool:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Solid 0-3 win to put Leeds on top on GD. Next game should be fascinating, Leeds Vs Boro, top 2, and such a contrast in style Bielsa Vs Pulis.

Have to admit I never paid much attention to the championship but this could be a fadcinating season. Being an overseas supported I harbour no ill will towards Leeds (apparently disliked by both United and LFC fans) and would like to see them back up with Bielsa, think he would be a welcome addition to the collection of 'elite' PL coaches.
Has the EFL seen a greater contrast in styles between the football served up by those two?

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Wonder if we can get @Marching to appear and offer thoughts..?

I'm going to have to take the time to watch a game or two of theirs this season when they are next on Sky. Heard alot about Bielsa and the changes he's made to their play.
He’s put a smile back on our faces. So far so good and long may it continue. Went to ER v Rotherham and there’s a different feel about the place. Got ourselves a good owner and manager this time round.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s put a smile back on our faces. So far so good and long may it continue. Went to ER v Rotherham and there’s a different feel about the place. Got ourselves a good owner and manager this time round.
Happy for you mate. Hopefully you'll be back in the prem to face us soon!

Beagle

One of the Premier League's showbiz, fizz bang fixtures. This is what Peter Drury said.

JK-27

I've watched Leeds a couple of times now and they look a damn good team. Bielsa is clearly a top manager plying his trade in the EFL.

In Rainbows

I've watched Leeds a couple of times now and they look a damn good team. Bielsa is clearly a top manager plying his trade in the EFL.
You mean it's possible to make your team look like a team that quickly and without 400mil spent? Gasp.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, I've seen around 3-4 of their games and they're a really entertaining team as expected. I really like Saiz, and Baker (on loan from Chelsea) and their 18 year old FB who I forget his name seem like promising prospects.

I really wanted to watch them vs Preston yesterday (or the day before, I forget) to not only see them, but Harrop and Pearson, too. Sadly their games are really hard to find. Harrop played the full 90 in a 10 man team for the majority so I was happy to read that as he rarely does the full 90.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
They're playing Middlesbrough on Friday night at Elland Road. It's near enough to a top of the table clash. Not popular forum, but I'd like to see Leeds beat Boro.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Happy for you mate. Hopefully you'll be back in the prem to face us soon!
Long overdue! Would be good to see us back to playing the big sides. Had a really hard game against a physical Boro side and we did well. Would have caved in and lost it last season. The signs are good and all we need to do now is hold on to the manager. Onwards and upwards.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Couldn't imagine United players doing that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
There's always a suspicion Bielsa beats his players too much making them go high energy at all times, but after a lull during which they missed some key players they're back to being a fun side to watch again.

haram

I dont think it’s good that 7 Leeds players all ran towards the ball in that situation.

Rajma

I dont think it’s good that 7 Leeds players all ran towards the ball in that situation.
Might not be long term but you don’t say that you wouldn’t take this over the jogging about we had to endure these past few years.

haram

Might not be long term but you don’t say that you wouldn’t take this over the jogging about we had to endure these past few years.
This type of sprinting and covering is not sustainable.

Rajma

I said as much but our pedestrian and energy saving style has yielded very little to warrant beinng dismissive of such tactics imo.

To cover for deficiencies on a technical level we need to run more not less, it’s only when you have perfect team you can be more lenient.

Also, our resources would allow for a much bigger squad depth to handle the workload, injuries, etc..

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's not, that's why around January Leeds will slowly descend into meltdown.

I still very much like Bielsa, what he's doing with Leeds and especially Klich is amazing, but you just know how it will go.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He burns his players out.
Would have been one of the world's top coaches if he knew how to get balance. His team's are always full on.
First time I took notice of him was when Bilbao came to OT. It was the last thing I was expecting. This no mark team blew us away.

Rajma

He burns his players out.
Would have been one of the world's top coaches if he knew how to get balance. His team's are always full on.
First time I took notice of him was when Bilbao came to OT. It was the last thing I was expecting. This no mark team blew us away.
Tbh he mostly operated under tight budgets and with tiny squads (it’s partly his wish as well tbh) would be fascinating to see him given financial freedom.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tbh he mostly operated under tight budgets and with tiny squads (it’s partly his wish as well tbh) would be fascinating to see him given financial freedom.
I think I read somewhere that he's not interested in transfers or the non coaching side of football.

meninred

I am a big fan of Biesla.An attack minded coach upto the bare bone
Who exemplifies the beautiful side of football.An example to such coaches like pep and pochetino.

deafepl

Can we get him? I remember him outclassing us in 2012 with Herrera. I also like his style of play but to sustain the style of play over the season, we need a bigger squad.