Marcelo Brozovic

Gandalf

Didn’t see an existing thread for this. I think this would be a fantastic piece of business at the price quoted, definitely an upgrade to our midfield options and we could probably offload Matic so the wage bill won’t be impacted.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's good as he is a DM who can still pass and I heard one of the Inter most important player. However, there is a risk since he's smoking cigarette means at his current age he might not be in the same level of player in 1 or 2 years. But then again in 2 years Garner might step up for the role.

Scholsey2004

He's good as he is a DM who can still pass and I heard one of the Inter most important player. However, there is a risk since he's smoking cigarette means at his current age he might not be in the same level of player in 1 or 2 years. But then again in 2 years Garner might step up for the role.
Terrific player. If the bit about the ciggies is true though then thats a problem, not so much about the individual but about the message it sends to other players about what kind of things are ok as a professional athlete.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Preferably not for the simple reason it looking like he’s not first on the list for the manager/team in terms of a DM aka let’s not settle for less right off the bat.

...maybe if everything else isn’t doable (Rice/Camavinga/others higher up in priority) then yea sure by all means. But I’d find it ridiculous if they didn’t to their due diligence on others first which shouldn’t be the case - the transfer department under Olé has been so much more efficient and thorough. Truly a sigh of relief and breath of fresh air. I’m confident they’ll do their best.

bosskeano

Didn’t see an existing thread for this. I think this would be a fantastic piece of business at the price quoted, definitely an upgrade to our midfield options and we could probably offload Matic so the wage bill won’t be impacted.

no thanks....do not want

Blood Mage

Wouldn't be the worst signing we could make but I'd prefer someone a bit more mobile. He's a good passer though.

tjb

Wouldn't be the worst signing we could make but I'd prefer someone a bit more mobile. He's a good passer though.
He'd sort that position for us in the short term. We could squeeze 2 seasons from him before the Bellingham haymaker.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
World class dmc. He is the one who would do Mcfred job alone. Too good to be true

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Isn’t he quite highly rated in Italy? Don’t they call him ‘Epic Brozovic’ or something

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Guys, seriously, did you watched Brozovic? Runs all day, plays on dmc, excellent positioning and moving, very good passer (played amc for a while) and very good technique.
He is exactly what we need.

RooneyLegend

Nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. A technically limited dm who can defend? Might as well throw McT and leave it as that.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Barca doesn’t have 25m to spend. is he looking for a new contract?

RooneyLegend

Yeah, that is not him. His technique is very good.
Far from it, can't play in tight spaces and hasn't got a football brain quick enough to negate his limitations. Pressing is all the fury these days, having a holding mids who struggles under pressure isnt the way to go especially if youre trying pass it out from the back.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Far from it, can't play in tight spaces and hasn't got a football brain quick enough to negate his limitations. Pressing is all the fury these days, having a holding mids who struggles under pressure isnt the way to go especially if youre trying pass it out from the back.
We are not talking about same player. In tight spaces he is excellent and can play one-twos quickly. He is defensive plsymaker and holding midfielder in one player. He played no10 in part of his career.
Top defensive midfielder and exactly what we need

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a excellent player , that has high technical qualities from a deeper role. This is the type of player we need and it would benefit the likes of Jimmy Garner in the long-term, to learn from him.

dinostar77

Guys, seriously, did you watched Brozovic? Runs all day, plays on dmc, excellent positioning and moving, very good passer (played amc for a while) and very good technique.
He is exactly what we need.
Yep agreed. If the fee is £25mil then thats a steal and we can let matic go.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
How was he in the euros?
Not good, but then again carrying Kovacic and Modric was harder then ever (especially as Kovacic turns into Championship level player for national team).
In the WC many people recognised him as our most important player as he finally allowed Modric and Rakitic to push forward with him playing behind.

He is an excellent player with fantastic engine (holds the record for a player who run the most miles in WC game in history and by some margain) and positioning to go along with a very good passing range. Will often go for a progressive pass if there is an option with a high success rate.

In reality, he was always the kind of DM we needed after Matic and I was disappointed we didn't ask for him in a deal for Lukaku.

As it is today, I do have some doubts how long will his body hold considering the way he plays and some stories about his way of life etc... My worries are that we would get a player similar to Matic in the way he looked brilliant at the start and then quickly declined. Maybe squeeze a season more out of him. Also, don't believe this story has any legs.

But yeah, if you are looking at the type of DM we need, he was always that type.

Abraxas

He's a good player but the idea he's one of the best around in that position is just hyperbole in my opinion. Same level as his teammate for Croatia - Kovacic. Good players but not the best around.

Giggs' right foot

He’s soon to be 29 - so he’s basically 30, which means he’ll soon turn 35. Don’t want.

OmarUnited4ever

Very good player, for that fee, it's a steel, but we must shift Matic 1st first to free up a spot in the squad

Dong Fangzhuo

If the smoking thing is true I can't see us even considering him. Aren't we supposed to be very diligent in doing background on player characters and such these days? A 29 y/o smoker probably doesn't pass that screening.

FatTails

How can you be a professional footballer whose short career is your financial security for life, and who is playing at the highest level, and still smoke? The thought process there is weird.You’d think you want to optimize your entire life for a long career at the highest level.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Not good, but then again carrying Kovacic and Modric was harder then ever (especially as Kovacic turns into Championship level player for national team).
In the WC many people recognised him as our most important player as he finally allowed Modric and Rakitic to push forward with him playing behind.

He is an excellent player with fantastic engine (holds the record for a player who run the most miles in WC game in history and by some margain) and positioning to go along with a very good passing range. Will often go for a progressive pass if there is an option with a high success rate.

In reality, he was always the kind of DM we needed after Matic and I was disappointed we didn't ask for him in a deal for Lukaku.

As it is today, I do have some doubts how long will his body hold considering the way he plays and some stories about his way of life etc... My worries are that we would get a player similar to Matic in the way he looked brilliant at the start and then quickly declined. Maybe squeeze a season more out of him. Also, don't believe this story has any legs.

But yeah, if you are looking at the type of DM we need, he was always that type.
Thanks for the overview. I also doubt we are in for him. Doesnt seem like our kind of player

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If the smoking thing is true I can't see us even considering him. Aren't we supposed to be very diligent in doing background on player characters and such these days? A 29 y/o smoker probably doesn't pass that screening.
I don't know much about his personal life, but if the rumours are true then we should stay away, even if he is a brilliant player, which I believe him to be.

Real Name

I may be subjective but he would be a brilliant signing.

Primarily a defensive player but has a good pass on him if not very good, can run all day, has an eye for goal too, can play anywhere across the midfield.
Complete, modern central midfielder. As @Jim Beam sad he's maybe our most important player right now and will be even more important when Modrić retires.

He's a bit immature and had disciplinary problems at Inter so that may be a problem. Plus rumors about his off the pitch habits.

Hopeless against England.
As was most of the team, wouldn't make anything from that.

Kova was brilliant in the Euros I thought or if anything the best of the bad bunch.