Marco Asensio

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His career seems to be already dying. He looked so good a couple of years ago...
Not saying this source is true or anything, it just inspired me to make this thread.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Seemed destined for great things only a couple of years ago, yeah. Shows you how fast things can change in football. Any specific reasons for the lack of form? Attitude/discipline/injuries etc?
He did have an ACL injury in 2019 if I recall correctly.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Seemed destined for great things only a couple of years ago, yeah. Shows you how fast things can change in football. Any specific reasons for the lack of form? Attitude/discipline/injuries etc?
Hard to say. Hope someone who’s followed his career closely can shed some light on it because he’s certainly lost his way…..

flappyjay

I just feel like a young player after serious injury should got to a lesser club to get regular game time. Fati should also be sent on loan after his recent surgery.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I just feel like a young player after serious injury should got to a lesser club to get regular game time. Fati should also be sent on loan after his recent surgery.
Not a bad idea I reckon.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Seems a fairly typical story of being overhyped when he broke through, and struggling with the common hurdles of teams figuring him out which required serious development, with injuries slowing that development.

He had one really impressive quality when he broke through (long range rockets) but other than that he didn't stand out much from the rest. So when teams adapted to that one strength and attacked his weaknesses, his confidence waned in a high-pressure environment. Injuries just compounded that.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He never really did anything at Real Madrid outside of a few wonder strikes.

Pep's Suit

Overhyped but bad injury + questionable mentality didn't help him. Guess in two years he'll join a mid-table PL club like Arsenal and earn £100K p/w because of his name and status or move to a decent Liga side (Villarreal etc.) where he'll make a bit less.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He never really did anything at Real Madrid outside of a few wonder strikes.
Always thought the same. He’s got phenomenal striking technique from distance, but the rest of his game has always seemed eh.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Worked wonders for Aaron Ramsay at Arsenal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Apart from a wand of a left foot, he never really had any outstanding qualities. He's not skillful, not really a great passer, his movement is ordinary and he's not a quick player.
Very different from someone like Isco who was a genuine crack.

flappyjay

Worked wonders for Aaron Ramsay at Arsenal.
That who I was thinking about when I wrote that. I think it also helped Kurt Zuma by going to Everton, he might not be top level but he has turned into a decent player. A year playing in the MLS probably helped Zlatan too, staying at United would have been bad for him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Too much, too early

Think playing - and playing well - for real madrid so early in his career was his downfall. Too much expectations, too much pressure, too much fame

ACL injury in 2019 didn't help, but he's fully recovered since and just...never really improved the way he was expected to...

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Since both Rashford and Asensio have contracts expiring in 2023, what about a straight swap deal?

We'll get someone to play RW and Real get a younger wing player. Both can benefit from a change in scenery.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Since both Rashford and Asensio have contracts expiring in 2023, what about a straight swap deal?

We'll get someone to play RW and Real get a younger wing player. Both can benefit from a change in scenery.
Please... people forget that Rashford missed out on pre-season training. You just have to look at players who missed out on pre-season due to injury and the correlated performances for the season. He is clearly lacking confidence. Plus he is a relatively young player but already on his fourth manager in the last five years.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Feels like yesterday that he scored a screamer in each leg of the supercup.

But that's five years ago now and he just never kicked on at all. I wonder if the knee issues from his youth mentioned in his wiki article contributed to the injury and him not looking the same player afterwards.

Vapor trail

Bad recommendation, Asensio had lots of hype failed to live up to it by all accounts. Far more productive wide players available.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nah. I thought he would be great at one point though

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Feels like yesterday that he scored a screamer in each leg of the supercup.
He still scores these screamers. The problem is that's really all he can do well since... 2018?

He's had a decent season this year and contributed more goals than usual.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is he Millan bound ?
Could maybe rejuvenate his career over there.
He loves curled long balls too much, almost every goal I've seen of him is an insane shot , so it's almost expected at this point. :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Weird one. Isco I could understand as he’d be on a free but not sure where this has come from.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They must be running out of Dutch players to link us to, so they're moving on to the half Dutch ones.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Weird one. Isco I could understand as he’d be on a free but not sure where this has come from.
Left footed player who plays on the right available on probably a cheap deal, pretty straightforward?

If no Antony/Raphinha, then yeah I'd take Asensio for sure. A huge step up on Elanga basically. Technically sound player, great shot on him, and more than anything we need a left footed right winger in our attack IMO. Going into next season with only Sancho, Rashford and Elanga as wingers is a bad idea.

Mainoldo

Why are we still picking agents over scouting. Has our scouts recommended him?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think he's average. Other than the occasional screamer he really doesn't do much.