Marco Reus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...manchester-united-tracking-marco-reus-6994468

The German international is seen as an attractive option do boost United's midfield for next season, and Shinji Kagawa could be used to get him.

Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is understood to be under scrutiny to add some much-needed speed as well as versatility to the Reds midfield.

More attention is needed on a key department where United have looked second best in top-grade matches in recent weeks against City, Liverpool and Bayern Munich.

Reus has been a key component on Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp’s midfield and has scored 40 goals for the German side in 85 appearances.

His former Dortmund team-mate Bayern Munich’s Mario Gotze let it slip in Germany recently that Reus is hankering after a move to England with United.

“When I was at Borussia Marco (Reus) wanted a move to Man United, he hasn’t changed,” Gotze is reported as saying.

Reus is certainly in the kind of red-hot form United could do with, scoring nine goals in his last eight appearances.

They included a hat-trick against Stuttgart, two against Real Madrid in the second home leg of the Champions League quarter-finals and a goal against Bayern Munich last weekend in a 3-0 win in the Allianz Arena where United had been beaten last week.

The Reds will be buoyed by the fact Reus has reportedly admitted he is keen on a switch to Old Trafford.

Shinji Kagawa could be used as a carrot for Dortmund to do business.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is the quote real? I would love him here, I think we're perfect for him. Mark Ogden reported on this also.
But there is a belief that Reus could be tempted from Dortmund, despite the player’s escape clause at the Westfalenstadion not due to come into effect until the end of next season.

With uncertainty surrounding the future of Dortmund coach Jürgen Klopp and Poland forward Robert Lewandowski announcing his decision to follow former team-mate Mario Götze to Bayern this summer, there is a sense that the Bundesliga outfit would be ready to do business with Reus to help fund a rebuilding programme.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Southampton-left-back-Luke-Shaw-for-30m.html

PlayerOne

I highly doubt that quote is real.
I would assume they got it from the German press, so it would make it harder to find through Google. But it doesn't real to me.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I would assume they got it from the German press, so it would make it harder to find through Google. But it doesn't real to me.
Did a quick search of Bild, ZDF and the Bundesliga website and there's nothing there. The English press have made up quotes about Reus before ('Bayern will never have me') so I'd take this article with a huge pinch of salt. The MEN haven't had good sources inside United for awhile now.

PlayerOne

Did a quick search of Bild, ZDF and the Bundesliga website and there's nothing there. The English press have made up quotes about Reus before ('Bayern will never have me') so I'd take this article with a huge pinch of salt. The MEN haven't had good sources inside United for awhile now.
Well that clears it up, thanks for looking up.

Ruht

I was going to say this, I don't ever remember seeing such a quote in the German media so it's bollocks.

Won't be the first and last time they've made up quotes like that.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Very unlikely, probably nearly impossible. 2015 would be more likely, but he seems to be a big Dortmund fan, him and Hummels are probably not the players who will jump to the next big club like Götze, Sahin, Lewa or Gündogan likely in the future.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
A transfer in 2014 is obviously bogus, but SportBild reports that Reus has a lower exit clause in 2015 than we thought. According to them an interested club would only have to pay € 25m to activate said clause which is an incredible deal no matter how I look at it.

SportBild is not always reliable, but still...a transfer in 2015 seems quite likely.

mufcwarm92

Surely if there's a very low 2015 release clause and the player is likely to leave, there's a chance Dortmund would cash in at a much higher amount this summer?

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Surely if there's a very low 2015 release clause and the player is likely to leave, there's a chance Dortmund would cash in at a much higher amount this summer?
Not as long as they hope the player is going to extend / agree to a raise in order to get rid of the exit clause. Maybe Reus wouldn't even want to leave in 2014, after all a huge transfer fee in 2014 would lead to a lower salary. In 2015 he could cash in on a huge contract wherever he decides to go.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
lets hope that they dont sell him this summer when we have to compete with the money of PSG chelsea and City or the cl football and the established teams like bayern, madrid and potentially barca (should they delay their transfer ban) this summer...

If he is available at a fixed price next summer (25m 45m whatever it is its fixed so no bidding wars) when hopefully we have cl football on offer (and possibly barca's ban will be in force) surely we stand a much better chance of getting him!

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Not as long as they hope the player is going to extend / agree to a raise in order to get rid of the exit clause. Maybe Reus wouldn't even want to leave in 2014, after all a huge transfer fee in 2014 would lead to a lower salary. In 2015 he could cash in on a huge contract wherever he decides to go.
What?! OK so we are desperate for new players and a rebuild. Dortmund could loose him for 25m next year OR take advantage over our spending, get a fee in the region of 35m which is 10m more than release clause, we pay him probably double what hes on, he has been quoted by this report he wants United.

I kind of get what your saying but it just doesnt seem likely.

SolidState

Woodward has been a busy boy briefing his favorite journos.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
What?! OK so we are desperate for new players and a rebuild. Dortmund could loose him for 25m next year OR take advantage over our spending, get a fee in the region of 35m which is 10m more than release clause, we pay him probably double what hes on, he has been quoted by this report he wants United.

there is literately no way, that they sell Reus this summer after losing lewandowski. This would seriously endanger their ambitions to qualify for the CL and to survive the group-stage of the CL next season. Thats far more valuable than anyone will be willing to pay and they´ll certainly laugh their ass off, when someone offers them 35m.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A transfer in 2014 is obviously bogus, but SportBild reports that Reus has a lower exit clause in 2015 than we thought. According to them an interested club would only have to pay € 25m to activate said clause which is an incredible deal no matter how I look at it.

SportBild is not always reliable, but still...a transfer in 2015 seems quite likely.
If that's true, then wouldn't it make more sense for Dortmund to sell Reus right now considering they'll probably get nearly twice the price of Reus?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
English press :lol:

Do these guys have decency at all?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Ten million pounds difference to the release clause won´t tempt the Dortmund officials, far from it. It is actually quite simple: Reus can leave Dortmund in 2015 for 35 Mil. € (I don´t care what the rubbish Sport Bild says, every single reliable source close to Dortmund reported 35 Mil € for years now), so for clubs to get him one season sooner we have to estimate how much having a player like Reus for one season longer is worth for the officials for Dortmund. Given that Reus is one of the players, who can turn Games by himself, could very well make the difference between CL or EL next year and is a clear identification figure for the fans (merchandising, advertising, etc.), I assume it is quite a lot of cash.

I stand by my original stand point I have in that matter. A transfer of Reus in this summer is highly unlikely, unless someone offers really crazy money. I´m not talking 50 Mil. € here, more like 65+ Mil. €.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
If that's true, then wouldn't it make more sense for Dortmund to sell Reus right now considering they'll probably get nearly twice the price of Reus?
Well as Sphaero explained, Marco Reus will be the key player for Borussia Dortmund next season, after all Robert Lewandowski will be gone. His genius can make the difference between a group stage / round of sixteen exit and going all the way through to the UCL final. So I'd say everything below € 50m isn't even worth considering from BVB's point of view (especially if the release clause is € 35m and not € 25m as reported by SportBild).

More importantly perhaps, we have to consider that BVB is a club which is still growing and trying to get a foothold as a consistent European football power and not just a fluke. That way you can attract richer sponsors and obtain better negotiating positions with partner. In this kind of scenario, it's more important to get great results on the pitch than earning lots of money on the transfer market. Ultimately good results on the pitch will always make the club more successful commercially. That doesn't mean Dortmund is planning to allow more of their star players to leave on a free transfer like Lewandowski, but in case of doubt the success of the team will be always more important than extraordinary high profits.

Ace of Spades

I will trust the opinion of our resident bundesliga experts on this matter. Not this season it seems. We have more important issues to address and we need to sell two of Young, Valencia and Nani before we even think of buying another winger.

MDFC Manager

Ten million pounds difference to the release clause won´t tempt the Dortmund officials, far from it. It is actually quite simple: Reus can leave Dortmund in 2015 for 35 Mil. € (I don´t care what the rubbish Sport Bild says, every single reliable source close to Dortmund reported 35 Mil € for years now), so for clubs to get him one season sooner we have to estimate how much having a player like Reus for one season longer is worth for the officials for Dortmund. Given that Reus is one of the players, who can turn Games by himself, could very well make the difference between CL or EL next year and is a clear identification figure for the fans (merchandising, advertising, etc.), I assume it is quite a lot of cash.

I stand by my original stand point I have in that matter. A transfer of Reus in this summer is highly unlikely, unless someone offers really crazy money. I´m not talking 50 Mil. € here, more like 65+ Mil. €.
I can see us spunking crazy money on a 'star' player. Reus could well be the one.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Latest quote from 'sport witness'

Gotze on Reus "Dortmund always issued us club pyjamas on flights, Marco always had Fred the Red ones on underneath his."

:lol:

SolidState

Latest quote from 'sport witness'

Gotze on Reus "Dortmund always issued us club pyjamas on flights, Marco always had Fred the Red ones on underneath his."

:lol:
Ive been looking for a pair of those for ages! the swine

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
"When I was at Borussia Marco (Reus) wanted a move to Man United, he hasn’t changed,” Gotze is reported as saying.

Such lazy journalism. I really chose the wrong trade.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
---------------DDG------------------
Rafael---Jones---Hummels---Shaw
-----------Carvalho------------------
--------------Kroos------------------
-----Reus ----Mata----Januzaj-----
------------Rooney/RvP-------------
:drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ignoring these quotes everyone seems to be forgetting that if Reus DOES want to join United and does kick up a stink then the transfer becomes much more probable, irregardless of Dortmund's ambitions or his release clause, I doubt Dortmund want another saga similar to the Bayern one and it would hurt much less to sell to a foreign club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
From a purely selfish point of view, we should flex our financial muscles and try our best to get him. From a neutral point of view, I'm really starting to feel for Dortmund. A great club, plays the right way and doesn't spunk money up the wall to get to the top. Loses all it's best players soon after. Not like this is a new thing of course, but without doing a City how does a club get to the top? Certainly not an incentive to curb spending, I guess we'll have to wait for the outcome of FFP.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

SolidState

Is this guy anti-united or something, I follow him and every tweet is like "Man United will try and get player "X" but he is very loyal/wont sell/too important"

SolidState

Yeah just like Mata, RVP and of course Kagawa....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.