Marco Reus

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Would've loved to have seen this 10 years ago tbh. Now probably just an experienced free agent attacker depth (anywhere across the 3 behind the striker) and we'd get rid of Elanga/Donny and loan Pellistri/Amad. Still not convinced it'd be necessary with Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Sancho and Bruno (and Martial, who probably won't be a starting striker anymore, and Eriksen if we get a CM). Don't really see how it's necessary at all and he's still struggling with injuries, maybe Ten Hag feels we need more experienced attackers to balance the young guys which is fair. Not sure where he'd slot in though.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Hes still class. Doesnt have the pace which made him unstoppable in the early stages of his career but has a great footballing iq.

You would have to be nuts to think of him as a first team player and a long term solution, if hes ok with a squad player role then ETH would have to be an idiot to turn him down

JustKatie

Is he still a decent player? I know once again we are a decade late with a player but has anyone who has watched him seen him as good these days?

Chairman Steve

Very versatile, very experienced and very injury prone.

I wouldnt say no at £15m tops. Anything above that is cue to walk away.

Mainoldo

Good squad depth and loads of experience.

Would aid well with Garnacho and hopefully Amad coming through.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Very versatile, very experienced and very injury prone.

I wouldnt say no at £15m tops. Anything above that is cue to walk away.
Wouldn't say no at £15m? :lol:

Would be like a millionaire haggling with someone to buy a sofa they found on the side of the road.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Client out of contract? looking for a new club?

Well why don't we make up a link to MUFC :cool: That'll get some fish nibbling

bosnian_red

It would be on a free
Possibly could be this month on a <5m fee to help out in the 2nd half of the season given we only have Rashford as an attacker who is performing and possibly Donny's injury has some impact on Ten Hags thinking (unlikely, but maybe).

He's still a very smart player, great movement, great technique and striking ability and great finishing, very good decision making... Could see him being useful as long as his fitness is ok. But yeah just a squad player for sure.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Possibly could be this month on a <5m fee to help out in the 2nd half of the season given we only have Rashford as an attacker who is performing and possibly Donny's injury has some impact on Ten Hags thinking (unlikely, but maybe).

He's still a very smart player, great movement, great technique and striking ability and great finishing, very good decision making... Could see him being useful as long as his fitness is ok. But yeah just a squad player for sure.
But his fitness is not ok? He has been out for most of the season with a poor ankle. And his «numbers» looks very poor this season.

I get that it could be a tempting move, but it seems very likely to be a pointless move.

Lee565

Of all the free agent available this is the one that we are supposedly interested, underwhelming if true

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes 33 and injury prone...

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Years ago, I would have loved this. If he could get over injuries it could be great experience to have in the dressing room and still a good player, but injuries worry me.

RedDevilRoshi

10 years too late, would have loved to have signed him back then. Unfortunately injuries have taken their toll on Reus. A shadow of the player he once was sadly.

LARulz

I like him but not sure what he adds at 33

Why not just use whatever funds for him on a young gamble

bosnian_red

I like him but not sure what he adds at 33

Why not just use whatever funds for him on a young gamble
Probably because our attackers have Martial and Rashford as the most experienced guys, and then we have Sancho and Antony at 22, Garnacho at 18, Pellistri at 21, Amad at 20.... Needs some experience, have plenty of young gambles. Also no cover for Bruno. Reus could come in and provide some good decision making and off the ball threat to help us out, though he wouldn't be a starter of course.

Strootman's Finger

Loved Reus in his prime, but a 33 year old who's only played in a farmers league isn't going to improve us.

Castia

Imagine looking at Reus injury record and thinking that would be a good signing.

Skills

Snitch
Utd should be trying to sign whoever is the future Bruno/De Bruyne/Odegaard to be back up to Bruno.
We've got that in Amad. Either try and develop him or just admit we are not capable of it, so we shouldn't be ruining talented young players and leave them to clubs that can.

Zoo

If we could get him now then I’d be all for it. We are seriously lacking goal threats. In the summer though we should be going all out to get that long-term striker.