Marco Rose | OFFICIAL: Joining Dortmund at the end of the season

pascell

Would be a great move after helping a limited squad to punch above their weight and qualify from a group consisting of Inter, Real Madrid and Shakhtar who have been regular fixture in the competition. Also the league doesn't finish until May so he has every chance of still finishing in the top 4.

Shame, I wanted him here but that's for another thread.

izec

Another one bites the dust. Lets wait until Poch and Nagelsmann are gone to appoint a mediocre manager again. Then people will say sacking managers hasn't brought success and we should stick with the current garbage. No wonder when we bring in rookies or past it ones time after time.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Now we wait for Poch , Hassenhuttl and Nagelsmann to be taken by someone else. Then we pull the plug on Ole and appoint Allegri. Then wonder after 2 years, why is the manager change not working.

Why are we still in the same position as LVG or Jose.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Another one bites the dust. Lets wait until Poch and Nagelsmann are gone to appoint a mediocre manager again. Then people will say sacking managers hasn't brought success and we should stick with the current garbage. No wonder when we bring in rookies or past it ones time after time.
Madrid realize Zidane won't give them the rebuild they need and sign Poch in a few weeks for 2021-22. Nagelsmann won't leave Leipzig mid-season and then signs a pre-contract with Liverpool to succeed Klopp in two years. Hasenhüttl is too dedicated to his Southampton project. Woodward signs Conte because at least he knows him from United's deadwood sale.

Anyway, I'd love to see Rose take over at Dortmund. Time to see one of these guys at a top club and see what they can do at that level! :)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Well.. either he's somehow failing upwards, or your post is ignorant.
Triggered :lol:
He's not exactly setting the bundesliga alight this season is he?!
He loves a draw.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Triggered :lol:
Spoken like a 12 year old.

He's not exactly setting the bundesliga alight this season is he?!
He loves a draw.
He's been doing great in the CL and now he's paying the price of the corona schedule and a thin squad in the league. The second biggest club of the country reportedly being desperate to sign him half a year in advance, at the cost of playing 2/3 of the season with their assistant coach speaks for itself. Unless you think you know more than the professionals. From reading BBC headlines.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
For what it's worth, Di Marzio doesn't have a good reputation for Dortmund-related news so any news of an agreement or anything of that ilk may be premature.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For what it's worth, Di Marzio doesn't have a good reputation for Dortmund-related news so any news of an agreement or anything of that ilk may be premature.
I would take di Marzio's claims with a hefty grain of salt, too. But they happen to line up very well with Gladbach's DoF dancing around question about Rose's future, in particular about Dortmund. Rose himself not making any verbal commitment to Gladbach and Dortmund giving it to Giggsy their assistant coach until the end of the season, signaling that they are expecting to sign someone who is currently under contract.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I would take di Marzio's claims with a hefty grain of salt, too. But they happen to line up very well with Gladbach's DoF dancing around question about Rose's future, in particular about Dortmund. Rose himself not making any verbal commitment to Gladbach and Dortmund giving it to Giggsy their assistant coach until the end of the season, signaling that they are expecting to sign someone who is currently under contract.
Yeah it looks like Rose is gonna leave with Erbel's words not reassuring at all from a Gladbach perspective.

But the best news is you'll have me jumping from Gladbach to BVB. :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I can think of only two young (but experienced) progressive managers on a steep upwards trajectory, Rose and Nagelsmann. Would be a shame to see Rose join Dortmund, not that I have too much faith in the club going for this sort of manager, with a DoF to boot. But it's the hope.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bild also now reporting something similar to what Di Marzio reported earlier.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This morning Bild were reporting that Favre was going to stay. Now they claim to know who Dortmund are targeting and supposedly uncovered a release clause in Rose's contract.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This morning Bild were reporting that Favre was going to stay. Now they claim to know who Dortmund are targeting and supposedly uncovered a release clause in Rose's contract.
You mean that you're applauding them for their hard work today? ;)

Champ

Spoken like a 12 year old.

He's been doing great in the CL and now he's paying the price of the corona schedule and a thin squad in the league. The second biggest club of the country reportedly being desperate to sign him half a year in advance, at the cost of playing 2/3 of the season with their assistant coach speaks for itself. Unless you think you know more than the professionals. From reading BBC headlines.
I'd be surprised if Dortmund do end up going for Rose, personally I can see Terzic maintaining the position for next season.
Dortmund are under no pressure to win anything this season so spending a bit of time in finding the right manager makes sense.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Gladbach skip the press conference for tomorrow's Bundesliga match. Has that actually happened at any club, ever? Even more so with the CL draw? They have published some written statements on their home page regarding the City match and that seems to be about it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd be surprised if Dortmund do end up going for Rose, personally I can see Terzic maintaining the position for next season.
Dortmund are under no pressure to win anything this season so spending a bit of time in finding the right manager makes sense.
Do you base this on your vast knowledge of Edin Terzic's coaching skills?

Champ

Do you base this on your vast knowledge of Edin Terzic's coaching skills?
:lol:
I have based it on the fact that Terzic comes from the Klopp school, gets Dortmund as a club and understands the mentality needed at Dortmund, and clubs are now understanding that creating a culture breeds a better chance of success.
Will that suffice?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:lol:
I have based it on the fact that Terzic comes from the Klopp school, gets Dortmund as a club and understands the mentality needed at Dortmund, and clubs are now understanding that creating a culture breeds a better chance of success.
Will that suffice?
So basically anything but actual football qualifications and also similar to the attributes that people ascribe to Rose.

Champ

So basically anything but actual football qualifications and also similar to the attributes that people ascribe to Rose.
Well, considering Terzic has uefa coaching qualifications, experience in coaching in multiple leagues across Europe, has worked with high profile managers, been in the game for a long long time...I mean apart from these Football qualifications not sure what else you may need to fulfill your desires?

I am beginning to believe that your love for Marco Rose has led to you being unable to carry on with any sustainable sensible conversation on here.

Rose has no affiliation with Dortmund, so I don't actually think any of what I said was untrue or incorrect,
Dortmund would no doubt be a step up for Rose, however it's clear he is struggling a bit in the league this season with Gladbach. He scraped through in the champions League out of a difficult group, be very interesting to see how they do against City.

pascell

He could very well end up at Dortmund next summer but I don't think it's absolutely nailed on. Come the summer Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, United, Arsenal, Inter and Juventus could all be looking at bringing in a new manager.

Champ

Another loss today. No win in four league games now.

Champ

Got to give him some credit so far...a turnaround against a very good Bayern team, they have been ruthless so far, allowing Bayern possession but taking their chances and defending well.
Be a good result of Gladbach hold on, but their late goal voodoo could come back to haunt them...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great result for them. Good to see. Will be very interesting to see Rose and his staff at a club working with more talent.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fantastic performance to win against arguably the best team in Europe considering they were 2-0 down. For Rose to get that sort of performance out of a group who are significantly weaker than his opponent is impressive.

I look at the Gladbach squad and apart from Zakaria and Neuhaus I wouldn't take a single player from their squad and swap with one of ours.

Champ

Fantastic performance to win against arguably the best team in Europe considering they were 2-0 down. For Rose to get that sort of performance out of a group who are significantly weaker than his opponent is impressive.

I look at the Gladbach squad and apart from Zakaria and Neuhaus I wouldn't take a single player from their squad and swap with one of ours.
Yup, decent result, very disciplined performance. If Rose can get them defending like that every game they'll improve their position in the league quite a bit.
Although I came across a stat that said Bayern had only won 13 away league games v Gladbach in 52...voodoo stuff right there as that's now 53!!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

The game was "easy" in that regard. A dominant possession side without clean execution is what teams like Gladbach are set up to prey upon. Though it of course speaks greatly about Rose's leadership that his side weren't impressed at all by an early 0:2 against Bayern. Without fans present even.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The game was "easy" in that regard. A dominant possession side without clean execution is what teams like Gladbach are set up to prey upon. Though it of course speaks greatly about Rose's leadership that his side weren't impressed at all by an early 0:2 against Bayern. Without fans present even.
It'll be interesting if he ends up at your club next season but there's also rumours about BVB going for Ten Hag from Ajax.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It'll be interesting if he ends up at your club next season but there's also rumours about BVB going for Ten Hag from Ajax.
It would be interesting indeed to see how he handles it, when most teams approach his team like he approached Bayern today.
But on the other hand Dortmund have been so keen to play a dominant possession game they have lost touch with the pressing identity that brought them back to the top in the first place. While Rose might not have all the necessary answers himself his philosophy at least appears to offer the opportunity to reset/rebuild into a team that gets the basics right again.

I haven't read ten Hag's name a while in the German press, at the moment everyone just seems to assume that Rose has a release clause at Gladbach and will most likely make the move to Dortmund come summer.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It would be interesting indeed to see how he handles it, when most teams approach his team like he approached Bayern today.
But on the other hand Dortmund have been so keen to play a dominant possession game they have lost touch with the pressing identity that brought them back to the top in the first place. While Rose might not have all the necessary answers himself his philosophy at least appears to offer the opportunity to reset/rebuild into a team that gets the basics right again.

I haven't read ten Hag's name a while in the German press, at the moment everyone just seems to assume that Rose has a release clause at Gladbach and will most likely make the move to Dortmund come summer.
Ten Hag might make more sense for Gladbach after Rose's departure. Still a step up from Ajax in the Eredivisie.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ten Hag might make more sense for Gladbach after Rose's departure. Still a step up from Ajax in the Eredivisie.
Is it really? Ajax offers him titles and a all but guaranteed spot in the CL. At Gladbach he'd have neither and the squad is not build for typical Ajax football. I think it would pose a significant risk for him with no big upside. Making a sideways or backwards step to present himself to Bayern and Dortmund, who in that case both would have already passed on him once.

Jibbs

Why would he go to a significantly smaller club after Ajax. People with even cursory interest in club football know about Ajax, its glorious history and great players who have played for the club. Who knows about Gladbach outside Germany?

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The Ten Hag link was reported by Oriol Domenech who is a very good journo for all things Barca and is known to have close links with Ajax, Sporting Director, Marc Overmars.

But I'm personally hoping Marco Rose is offered the job.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is it really? Ajax offers him titles and a all but guaranteed spot in the CL. At Gladbach he'd have neither and the squad is not build for typical Ajax football. I think it would pose a significant risk for him with no big upside. Making a sideways or backwards step to present himself to Bayern and Dortmund, who in that case both would have already passed on him once.
Why would he go to a significantly smaller club after Ajax. People with even cursory interest in club football know about Ajax, its glorious history and great players who have played for the club. Who knows about Gladbach outside Germany?
I don't necessarily disagree, but to my mind, Ten Hag has reached his ceiling in the Netherlands. His squad will never get much better, he's unlikely to get closer to European success than he did two years ago, and he's been Dutch champion. He's basically 'done' at Ajax, and just risks lowering his stock in case he has a lesser year (which would otherwise be normal every now and then).

Gladbach may not be a natural next step, but I don't easily see him for a top job in England (not sure they'd consider him ready), and if Rose joins Dortmund, then the two German top jobs are also out of immediate reach given Flick's success with Bayern. Gladbach, and also Leipzig, seem reasonable choices for me then, to get out of the Dutch cocoon and confirm his qualities. I'd also think he can apply his tactical approach there relatively well. Come to think of it, Leipzig might actually be a better option if Nagelsmann leaves after this season.

But yeah, maybe I'm overestimating Gladbach or underestimating Ajax; but to me, Ajax is really just a blast from the past internationally these days. (Despite that CL semifinal.)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't necessarily disagree, but to my mind, Ten Hag has reached his ceiling in the Netherlands. His squad will never get much better, he's unlikely to get closer to European success than he did two years ago, and he's been Dutch champion. He's basically 'done' at Ajax, and just risks lowering his stock in case he has a lesser year (which would otherwise be normal every now and then).

Gladbach may not be a natural next step, but I don't easily see him for a top job in England (not sure they'd consider him ready), and if Rose joins Dortmund, then the two German top jobs are also out of immediate reach given Flick's success with Bayern. Gladbach, and also Leipzig, seem reasonable choices for me then, to get out of the Dutch cocoon and confirm his qualities. I'd also think he can apply his tactical approach there relatively well. Come to think of it, Leipzig might actually be a better option if Nagelsmann leaves after this season.

But yeah, maybe I'm overestimating Gladbach or underestimating Ajax; but to me, Ajax is really just a blast from the past internationally these days. (Despite that CL semifinal.)
I think it might be better for Ten Hag to take the Hassenhuttl route and join a midtable EPL club if the options are limited at the top. He'd likely have more money to spend and more exposure too.