Marco Rose | OFFICIAL: Joining Dortmund at the end of the season

bucky

Can you imagine giving him the £150m that was given to Ole, in the summer? I don't think we'd be seeing comments like "our squad isn't good enough for top 8" if we did.
Max Eberl is their DoF and he's been doing a good job for a while. Rose is a good coach, but there is no way to know what he would have done with the money Ole was given.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Max Eberl is their DoF and he's been doing a good job for a while. Rose is a good coach, but there is no way to know what he would have done with the money Ole was given.
Of course Eberl, is their DoF but I'm confident Rose as United manager would've bought quite a few value signings from his homeland if put into the position of manager, rather than headcoach. And I believe we would see a better coached and more balanced team. I believe his knowledge of the Bundesliga would've been a advantage for us regards the transfer budget.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unless he joins us.

Regardless, if he's a good coach he'd do better than Ole at United given the latter is a very average manager.

bucky

Of course Eberl, is their DoF but I'm confident Rose as United manager would've bought quite a few value signings from his homeland if put into the position of manager, rather than headcoach. And I believe we would see a better coached and more balanced team. I believe his knowledge of the Bundesliga would've been a advantage for us regards the transfer budget.
I'd agree that we'd be better coached, but there's still no way of knowing whether he would have made better value signings. Rose could have easily said yes to Maguire and Wan-Bissaka, since we've probably been working on signing them for a while.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd agree that we'd be better coached, but there's still no way of knowing whether he would have made better value signings. Rose could have easily said yes to Maguire and Wan-Bissaka, since we've probably been working on signing them for a while.
I don't believe Rose would've signed either if I'm honest mate. It was reported that we had scouted over 800 RBs and it was decided by Ole, and the recruitment team that AWB was the one. I don't believe Rose, would've signed him due to what is expected of fullbacks in his system and how important they're. I think someone like Max Aaron's would likely be favoured by Rose, or even Nagelsmann for that matter due to the Norwich player being noticeably better at distributing the ball and having the ability to play as a wingback which would inturn give someone like Rose, tactical flexibility and extra strings to his bow.

I don't think he'd sign Maguire due to our midfield and attack being so blunt, especially the midfield. Rose, imo would quickly realise that for him to implement his high octane style, he would require the midfield and attack to be of a certain standard. And if the bulk of the budget is spent on a fullback and CB, it would severely limit his ability to implement his style. So I fully expect the club to adhere to his wishes if he was given the job.

bucky

I don't believe Rose would've signed either if I'm honest mate. It was reported that we had scouted over 800 RBs and it was decided by Ole, and the recruitment team that AWB was the one. I don't believe Rose, would've signed him due to what is expected of fullbacks in his system and how important they're. I think someone like Max Aaron's would likely be favoured by Rose, or even Nagelsmann for that matter due to the Norwich player being noticeably better at distributing the ball and having the ability to play as a wingback which would inturn give someone like Rose, tactical flexibility and extra strings to his bow.

I don't think he'd sign Maguire due to our midfield and attack being so blunt, especially the midfield. Rose, imo would quickly realise that for him to implement his high octane style, he would require the midfield and attack to be of a certain standard. And if the bulk of the budget is spent on a fullback and CB, it would severely limit his ability to implement his style. So I fully expect the club to adhere to his wishes if he was given the job.
You don't need to convince me. As you probably know, I wouldn't have signed any of the players we have signed during Ole's reign for the money that they've cost us, as much as I like that Wan-Bissaka is a United player now. Point remains that it hasn't been just Rose who has done a good job for Gladbach and that with us it might have been a different story with Woodward above him. Your last sentence summarises our problems the last few years. If we were to hire Rose, I'd still want DoF.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You don't need to convince me. As you probably know, I wouldn't have signed any of the players we have signed during Ole's reign for the money that they've cost us, as much as I like that Wan-Bissaka is a United player now. Point remains that it hasn't been just Rose who has done a good job for Gladbach and that with us it might have been a different story with Woodward above him. Your last sentence summarises our problems the last few years. If we were to hire Rose, I'd still want DoF.
I agree mate. A DoF type figure is a must as far as i'm concerned.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Most German name ever.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Interesting read. He's definitely one of a very select group of people to keep an eye on. I'd be happy with either (Nagelsmann) when the time comes..

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wont happen at United. Too many individuals and ego's within the squad who like to touch the ball a billion times before they release it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wont happen at United. Too many individuals and ego's within the squad who like to touch the ball a billion times before they release it.
Yeah, who are they? We've got a young side, mouldable. We need a forward thinking manager.

Robbie Boy

This is a Manchester United Coach IMO.
That Sammy1 poster - or whatever his name is - will be along soon to shit on him and big up Ole like he did when he monopolised the Nagelsmann thread despite knowing nothing about him.

binary bot
I think our whole team are on the unselfish side. Bar maybe Pogba who dwells on it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That Sammy1 poster - or whatever his name is - will be along soon to shit on him and big up Ole like he did when he monopolised the Nagelsmann thread despite knowing nothing about him.
I'm still laughing at the time he decided to judge Nagalsmann on one game :lol:

Imagine if someone were to just draw every conclusion on Ole from the Tottenham game for example. Jesus wept.

frookydinho

An appointment like Rose would only happy if we had a Sporting Director... aka someone with football knowledge.

Ed will just select someone whose name comes up in the press

Skills

Snitch
Will probably end up at Liverpool after Klopp. Nagelsmann to City. That'll be the fight for the top of PL after Pep v Klopp.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
An appointment like Rose would only happy if we had a Sporting Director... aka someone with football knowledge.

Ed will just select someone whose name comes up in the press
I believe if we targeted either Rose or Nagelsmann, then we'd change the structure to suit them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Also bear in mind that it was reported by Neil Ashton after Mourinho's sacking that United had a 5 man short list and one of the names on the short list was of Marco Rose.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Also bear in mind that it was reported by Neil Ashton after Mourinho's sacking that United had a 5 man short list and one of the names on the short list was of Marco Rose.
I'm sure he's on a shortlist with Nagalsmann too, but Poch is a free agent and a no brainer for Ed. It seems Ed already knows who he'll go for if/when Ole's time is up.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We will end up with Poch completely ignoring this guy and then we will wonder why did we not go for him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We'll be working our way through former players who 'get the club'. Giggsy next after his internship as the Wales manager has primed him for the United job.
Sentiment FC is like a bad dream with this club. As much as I love the CO92 as players I wish they’d just take the Beckham approach & just be fans from afar, they seem absolutely clueless the way they talk.

Is it too much to ask for to just get a manager who plays good football, is tactically astute, and is helped out by a DOF or SD who knows how to negotiate. Our 2 biggest rivals get this why can’t we!? And even worse you get called “not a real fan” for pointing this out.

frookydinho

I believe if we targeted either Rose or Nagelsmann, then we'd change the structure to suit them.
8 years now with Ed, very difficult to see him change the set up and delegate football responsibilities to football people.

But without going off topic, Rose is an exciting/smart and very young coach. Someone with fresh ideas and knowledge of progressive football. Would be a massive appointment. We can only hope and pray

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United wont be playing this particular way until we have 1. A manager who clearly has a distinct idea of how he wants his players to perform and 2. players who are technically sound but put in the graft, with and without the ball.