Marco Rose | OFFICIAL: Joining Dortmund at the end of the season

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It is poor, their start to the season has been shocking compared to last season, :confused:

They didn't just get beat by Dortmund, they got played off the park, that didn't happen last season.
As I say, this season will be the one to define him as a good manager or just another flavour of the month.
Actually the game was a fairly close affair, Dortmund were just more clever/individually better. Gladbach even had a bit more possession if I remember correctly.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It is poor, their start to the season has been shocking compared to last season, :confused:

They didn't just get beat by Dortmund, they got played off the park, that didn't happen last season.
As I say, this season will be the one to define him as a good manager or just another flavour of the month.
Not exactly true, and again that can happen, its Dortmund. Also you are judging their start to the season?
1 loss to Dortmund, a win and a draw. I think you are being somewhat dramatic trying to compare that to last season so early

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich

What are you talking about? They were at least equal with several opportunities to score until Dortmund scored the first goal. They even had more possession in the game, won more challenges, ran just as much as Dortmund and it was a very competitive encounter for large stretches of the game.

However as soon as you're 0-1 down there's no opponent in Europe that won't be in danger against what is arguably the best counter-attacking team in the world right now. Dortmund is just a really good team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I could back this. I think Ole is a shit coach but as a man manager he seems quite good, but we badly need a DOF & better coaches on the training pitch. It’s well known that the likes of Carlos & Rene handled a lot of United tactically on the training pitch. Obviously I’m not comparing Ole to Fergie, but if he can get guys to help him out in the way they helped Fergie it could only improve us.
Genuine question- how do you know Ole is a good man manager ?

Highfather_24

Genuine question- how do you know Ole is a good man manager ?
Good question. I would say because he has been through good times and bad at the club, but hardly had any falling out with any player here. Players seem to love playing for him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Liverpool lost by 7-2 against Villa. I think Rose should take over from Klopp.
Did...did you just compare Ole to Klopp? I think getting another manager in will just see us having the same problems, no any manger would be able to perform under the same conditions.

That being said, anyone who compares Klopp to Ole shouldn't be taken seriously.

redIndianDevil

Good question. I would say because he has been through good times and bad at the club, but hardly had any falling out with any player here. Players seem to love playing for him.
if this is players loving to play for him I'd hate to see how they'd do if they remained neutral about playing for OGS.

redIndianDevil

Did...did you just compare Ole to Klopp? I think getting another manager in will just see us having the same problems, no any manger would be able to perform under the same conditions.

[/QUOTE
too many on here with that idea, since Klopp finished 5, 4 and a Europa finals we are on our way to the title and CL glory if Woodward did his job

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Top managers can work in those conditions and they can also influence the way things are done in a club that's essentially what happened with Klopp, the others can't and need support which is something that our board seem to not understand, they seem to think that all managers are able to emulate SAF.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, that's not exactly a reason to say he is a good man manager though. Problem is, we assume certain things about Ole (good or bad) and think it's the truth. It could be a very well different picture behind the scenes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

So much wrong with this post..

Hoboman

He would be interesting, logical and bold move from the club. As would be any other young or promising managers with fresh ideas.

Instead the club will choose "safe" route and will appoint somebody completely average or past it. As they did with last four managers. And the circle of mediocrity will be unbroken.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What are you talking about? They were at least equal with several opportunities to score until Dortmund scored the first goal. They even had more possession in the game, won more challenges, ran just as much as Dortmund and it was a very competitive encounter for large stretches of the game.

However as soon as you're 0-1 down there's no opponent in Europe that won't be in danger against what is arguably the best counter-attacking team in the world right now. Dortmund is just a really good team.
Mmm...every single write up of the game called it a comfortable victory for Dortmund, seemed that way to me too.
I guess we'll have to differ on that.

Champ

So much wrong with this post..
Really?
What's wrong with it?
Is it wrong to suggest waiting to see if Rose can build a team with longevity rather than for one season?
Or is it because it's a post that disagrees with your opinion maybe?

Champ

Not exactly true, and again that can happen, its Dortmund. Also you are judging their start to the season?
1 loss to Dortmund, a win and a draw. I think you are being somewhat dramatic trying to compare that to last season so early
It's a poor start compared to last season, they've played Dortmund who beat them comfortably, that didn't happen last season, they drew with Berlin who they smashed last season, the game they've won was against a poor Koln team.
Not being dramatic, I'm merely stating that the results so far aren't matching those of last season, early days of course but can you deny what I'm saying is correct??

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really?
What's wrong with it?
Is it wrong to suggest waiting to see if Rose can build a team with longevity rather than for one season?
Or is it because it's a post that disagrees with your opinion maybe?
You should start of by admitting you didn't watch Gladbach's opening game of the season against Dortmund. Because your claim that Gladbach were outplayed couldn't be further from the truth.

There's no need to make stuff up..

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mmm...every single write up of the game called it a comfortable victory for Dortmund, seemed that way to me too.
I guess we'll have to differ on that.
So you haven't seen it then. Got it.

Cassidy

It's a poor start compared to last season, they've played Dortmund who beat them comfortably, that didn't happen last season, they drew with Berlin who they smashed last season, the game they've won was against a poor Koln team.
Not being dramatic, I'm merely stating that the results so far aren't matching those of last season, early days of course but can you deny what I'm saying is correct??
Didn't really happen that way, and again losing to Dortmund is not a poor result.
So really its a single draw again Berlin, hardly a poor start to the season. Opinions I guess, but I would say most bundesliga followers would say you are being dramatic.

Champ

You should start of by admitting you didn't watch Gladbach's opening game of the season against Dortmund. Because your claim that Gladbach were outplayed couldn't be further from the truth.

There's no need to make stuff up..
So you haven't seen it then. Got it.
Love it.

Rather than put any actual input to the conversation, you claim I didn't see the game.

Nicely done.

Erling Haaland scored twice after Gio Reyna opened his Bundesliga account as Borussia Dortmund eased to a convincing 3-0 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach in front of 9,300 fans at Signal Iduna Park.

Little snippet taken from the Bundesliga write up, feel free to carry on though.

Cassidy

Love it.

Rather than put any actual input to the conversation, you claim I didn't see the game.

Nicely done.

Erling Haaland scored twice after Gio Reyna opened his Bundesliga account as Borussia Dortmund eased to a convincing 3-0 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach in front of 9,300 fans at Signal Iduna Park.

Little snippet taken from the Bundesliga write up, feel free to carry on though.
What has that got to do with having watched the game? And the fact that if you had you would probably know the game was alot close than the scoreline suggests

Highfather_24

Assumptions
Fair enough. But during the LvG, Moyes or Mourinho era, the air around the club was much more toxic, you got the feeling the players were not happy, and there were multiple falling outs. I cant remember something like that with Ole, atleast not yet.

Also I think we have seen the best post SAF football with Ole. He plays attacking football, has a decent record with transfers so far, and has done well in his first complete season. His weakness is his tactics, and he needs help there imo. But I think he is a good manager, and commands respect from the players. Also I like his media management.

I just think before we overhaul things again post Ole, lets give Ole a fair chance to turn things around, he has before. But I definitely think he need help.

devips

Fair enough. But during the LvG, Moyes or Mourinho era, the air around the club was much more toxic, you got the feeling the players were not happy, and there were multiple falling outs. I cant remember something like that with Ole, atleast not yet.

Also I think we have seen the best post SAF football with Ole. He plays attacking football, has a decent record with transfers so far, and has done well in his first complete season. His weakness is his tactics, and he needs help there imo. But I think he is a good manager, and commands respect from the players. Also I like his media management.

I just think before we overhaul things again post Ole, lets give Ole a fair chance to turn things around, he has before. But I definitely think he need help.
Exactly.

Champ

What has that got to do with having watched the game? And the fact that if you had you would probably know the game was alot close than the scoreline suggests
It states that Dortmund 'eased' to a 'convincing' win,
Just had a check on the BBC write up too, just in case I was going insane, they used the word 'comfortable' to describe the victory.
Hardly words to suggest it was a slog and a 50/50 game as some here suggest!

But I digress.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Clearly reading a one line write up tells you more than watching the game.

Here's another write up from a page that bothers with analysis:
Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Mönchengladbach provided each other with a tough test to kick off their Bundesliga campaigns. Matching up in similar three-at-the-back shapes, these two were generally tough to separate in this contest. It was Dortmund’s young attacking core that provided the cutting edge that Mönchengladbach lacked as a notable attacking pair were absent […]

https://betweentheposts.net/borussi...tars-bring-perfect-start-to-new-campaign-3-0/

Cassidy

It states that Dortmund 'eased' to a 'convincing' win,
Just had a check on the BBC write up too, just in case I was going insane, they used the word 'comfortable' to describe the victory.
Hardly words to suggest it was a slog and a 50/50 game as some here suggest!

But I digress.
So you didnt watch. Right ok.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Love it.

Nicely done.

You've got BVB fans telling you it was far from a easy game..

Champ

So you didnt watch. Right ok.
Sorry, my bad

I couldn't of watched the game because I have a different opinion of the game then you. Of course.

I get it.

Champ

You've got BVB fans telling you it was far from a easy game..
You've probably got Gladbach fans saying they got a spanking,

What's your point?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sorry, my bad

I couldn't of watched the game because I have a different opinion of the game then you. Of course.

I get it.
I've gotten curious now actually, since you keep dodging the actual question. Did you or did you not watch that game in its entirety?

Cassidy

Sorry, my bad

I get it.
Well since you keep referring to reports Instead of explaining your view from things that happened in the game. The only reasonable conclusion is that you didnt watch it

Champ

I've gotten curious now actually, since you keep dodging the actual question. Did you or did you not watch that game in its entirety?
Yes.
But does it matter? When someone has an opinion and gets shut down because it's different to what a couple of other people believe?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Carry you on with your pettiness and complete lack of input....
Complete lack of input? I watch literally every game that Gladbach have played since Rose, took charge and I'm telling you that 3-0 against one of the best counter attacking teams in Europe was a misleading score-line.

Regular observers of the league have even disagreed with you. You should admit you're arguing blind in this case and stop digging a even deeper hole for yourself.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Clearly reading a one line write up tells you more than watching the game.

Here's another write up from a page that bothers with analysis:
Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Mönchengladbach provided each other with a tough test to kick off their Bundesliga campaigns. Matching up in similar three-at-the-back shapes, these two were generally tough to separate in this contest. It was Dortmund’s young attacking core that provided the cutting edge that Mönchengladbach lacked as a notable attacking pair were absent […]

https://betweentheposts.net/borussi...tars-bring-perfect-start-to-new-campaign-3-0/
This..

Champ

Complete lack of input? I watch literally every game that Gladbach have played since Rose, took charge and I'm telling you that 3-0 against one of the best counter attacking teams in Europe was a misleading score-line.

Regular observers of the league have even disagreed with you. You should admit you're arguing blind in this case and stop digging a even deeper hole for yourself.
Ah yeah, I'll ignore the Bundeliga write up then yeah? They know nothing.

I have a different view of the game then you, doesn't mean I'm wrong, especially when several reports agree with my viewpoint.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ah yeah, I'll ignore the Bundeliga write up then yeah? They know nothing.

I have a different view of the game then you, doesn't mean I'm wrong, especially when several reports agree with my viewpoint.
That's fine I've got no problem with you having a different opinion. But don't be surprised when your opinion gets challenged because this after all is a discussion forum.

Champ

That's fine I've got no problem with you having a different opinion. But don't be surprised when your opinion gets challenged because this after all is a discussion forum.
Likewise.
I've got shut down numerous times on this thread so far for having a different opinion from others, many if whom have given no input to the discussion themselves.

I maintain my original point, that this is the season that he needs to be judged on.
Compared to results last season Gladbach are behind already.

That's a point that no one can argue.