Marco Rose | OFFICIAL: Joining Dortmund at the end of the season

Cathy Ferguson

How can we play high pressing football with Pogba and Matic, and two slow CBs? Martial is not reknown for his workrate either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How can we play high pressing football with Pogba and Matic, and two slow CBs? Martial is not reknown for his workrate either.
This question needs to be posed to Solskjaer. He bought Maguire and AWB who are both unsuited to playing the style he talks about. Maguire is too slow against teams who press high and transition quickly. Wan Bissaka is a target for teams for the wide pressing trap so we instantly become a reactive low block, counter attacking team against any decent opposition who are adept at applying high pressure.

Again the construction of our midfield is down to Solskjaer. If he had spent the Bruno and VdB money on two midfielders who can help with resisting/enforcing high pressure in deeper roles, then it might've helped him as far as implementing his preferred play style.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It could've been a better start but you seem to be digging into things you have little knowledge about. I'm not saying he's a guarantee for success but for me he's a better fit stylistically than anyone we've given the job to post Fergie.
I'm not making any predictions about him being at United.
I'm merely keeping an eye out on his trajectory this season as people seem to think he's a potential for the job.
I have a lot of knowledge about football, so find the opening gambit of your post a little strange. The start Gladbach

People are slating Ole for a start like ours, yet he has more points on the board than Roses Gladbach.
Be interesting to see how they get on against a rather lackluster Inter, the next two games should be winnable for them, Mainz are shocking at the moment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not making any predictions about him being at United.
I'm merely keeping an eye out on his trajectory this season as people seem to think he's a potential for the job.
I have a lot of knowledge about football, so find the opening gambit of your post a little strange. The start Gladbach

People are slating Ole for a start like ours, yet he has more points on the board than Roses Gladbach.
Be interesting to see how they get on against a rather lackluster Inter, the next two games should be winnable for them, Mainz are shocking at the moment.
Ole has more points than Rose but can you do me a favour and compare both squads and the money spent on both squads?

A lacklustre Inter still have a far stronger squad than Gladbach. Rose doesn't have anywhere close to the riches that Antonio Conte enjoys at Inter and the Italians will be clear favourites in both games.

Mainz narrowly lost to Bosz's, Leverkusen so they're hardly gonna be a push over.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ole has more points than Rose but can you do me a favour and compare both squads and the money spent on both squads?

A lacklustre Inter still have a far stronger squad than Gladbach. Rose doesn't have anywhere close to the riches that Antonio Conte enjoys at Inter and the Italians will be clear favourites in both games.

Mainz narrowly lost to Bosz's, Leverkusen so they're hardly gonna be a push over.
Mainz have been smashed in nearly every other game. It should be a walkover.

Inter were awful against Milan the other day.

The transfer budget is definitely different, I'll give you that. :lol:

Grande

Haven't we been down the proven winner route?

The fact of the matter is that, post Fergie we've failed to implement a style of play that is proactive and instead have for the large part of the last 7 years ended up playing deep block, counter attacking football under all the managers we've had, and two of those managers were former European Cup winners.

Even yesterday all our goals from open play were scored via counter attacks against a team that ceded space. We're still nowhere near being the team that is adept at playing high pressure football. A style that the current manager favours and he's failed to implement that style for nearly two years now. And that for me is alarming and questions should be asked without getting into petty arguments which we're currently seeing in the mains.
I’m not sure of your analysis if you mean to say Van Gaal was more low block + counterattacking than Fergie, as I’d vehemently disagree with that. Ferguson was very aware of United’s need to A) entertain and B) appear to entertain. I’d say apartfrom the thrill of winning, the most typically exciting moments of Fergie’s football were when Schmeichel set off Sharpe, Giggs and Kanchelskis on run after run after run against the opposition. Later we got something similar with Ronaldo, Rooney and Nani, and even Park like in that 3-0 win at Arsenal in the CL.

Unfortunately, oftentimes opposition will adopt a low block to avoid that, which imposes the need for a variety of tools to open them up, from less exciting setpieces and high pressing ball wins to more exciting quick combination play or solo efforts. That takes time to develop, and we saw quite abit of that as last season went along. Yesterday we saw combination play lead to a marginally offside goal and a few shots on goal and a 1-on-1, a solo effort lead to a penalty, one set piece goal and one cleared off the line, one goal after winning the ball high up and two great counterattacking goals. If that is a sign of things to continue, it looks nice and varied. If if if if etc etc of course.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m not sure of your analysis if you mean to say Van Gaal was more low block + counterattacking than Fergie, as I’d vehemently disagree with that. Ferguson was very aware of United’s need to A) entertain and B) appear to entertain. I’d say apartfrom the thrill of winning, the most typically exciting moments of Fergie’s football were when Schmeichel set off Sharpe, Giggs and Kanchelskis on run after run after run against the opposition. Later we got something similar with Ronaldo, Rooney and Nani, and even Park like in that 3-0 win at Arsenal in the CL.

Unfortunately, oftentimes opposition will adopt a low block to avoid that, which imposes the need for a variety of tools to open them up, from less exciting setpieces and high pressing ball wins to more exciting quick combination play or solo efforts. That takes time to develop, and we saw quite abit of that as last season went along. Yesterday we saw combination play lead to a marginally offside goal and a few shots on goal and a 1-on-1, a solo effort lead to a penalty, one set piece goal and one cleared off the line, one goal after winning the ball high up and two great counterattacking goals. If that is a sign of things to continue, it looks nice and varied. If if if if etc etc of course.
Van Gaal was a coach who started his career spectacularly with Ajax and was a proactive forward thinking coach who coached a team to play devastating football in that particular era. The interchangability amongst his team and movement was amazing to see and they were going away from home and beating giants of the game comfortably in their pomp. But the Van Gaal we appointed was given autonomy in the transfer market and couldn't look beyond the most obvious players who were at huge clubs like Muller and Hummels and his alternatives didn't fit his possession style hence him having to revert to playing a more pragmatic brand of football. But I was in favour of him becoming our manager but he sadly made a rod for his own back by his poor recruitment choices which resulted in us playing a reactive brand of football which was awful to watch at times.

And as far as Fergie is concerned he wasn't backed by the owners in his last few years at the club to the level we've seen post his retirement. Our midfield was a shambles IMO in his final few years and we had threads on here titled 'Zombie football' at the time. The era you're talking about with Schmeichel is what defined Fergie for me but after winning the European Cup in 99 we played Bayern in the KO stage the following season and were tactically outwitted because our gung ho approach was stifled and Serginho scored the winning goal in the first leg at Old Trafford which basically sent us packing from the tournament and the return leg seemed like a formality. But that defeat was a turning point for the great man and he learned a great deal from it. Because like I've said in the past, there has to be method to the madness from a defensive POV on the turn over.

Yesterday we played a team who absolutely played to our strengths and ceded space to us which was very helpful. The pressing from Newcastle was non existent and allowed us to play our game with lots of space. I was very happy we won but I foresee trouble ahead because I don't believe our team is setup to enforce or resist high pressure against teams who are adept at applying high pressure. I know this opinion causes much consternation among certain sections of the fan base but this is my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.

Grande

Van Gaal was a coach who started his career spectacularly with Ajax and was a proactive forward thinking coach who coached a team to play devastating football in that particular era. The interchangability amongst his team and movement was amazing to see and they were going away from home and beating giants of the game comfortably in their pomp. But the Van Gaal we appointed was given autonomy in the transfer market and couldn't look beyond the most obvious players who were at huge clubs like Muller and Hummels and his alternatives didn't fit his possession style hence him having to revert to playing a more pragmatic brand of football. But I was in favour of him becoming our manager but he sadly made a rod for his own back by his poor recruitment choices which resulted in us playing a reactive brand of football which was awful to watch at times.

And as far as Fergie is concerned he wasn't backed by the owners in his last few years at the club to the level we've seen post his retirement. Our midfield was a shambles IMO in his final few years and we had threads on here titled 'Zombie football' at the time. The era you're talking about with Schmeichel is what defined Fergie for me but after winning the European Cup in 99 we played Bayern in the KO stage the following season and were tactically outwitted because our gung ho approach was stifled and Serginho scored the winning goal in the first leg at Old Trafford which basically sent us packing from the tournament and the return leg seemed like a formality. But that defeat was a turning point for the great man and he learned a great deal from it. Because like I've said in the past, there has to be method to the madness from a defensive POV on the turn over.

Yesterday we played a team who absolutely played to our strengths and ceded space to us which was very helpful. The pressing from Newcastle was non existent and allowed us to play our game with lots of space. I was very happy we won but I foresee trouble ahead because I don't believe our team is setup to enforce or resist high pressure against teams who are adept at applying high pressure. I know this opinion causes much consternation among certain sections of the fan base but this is my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.
Oh, I remember Ajax of Van Gaal very well, it was a great joy, to watch. Van Gaals philosophy was not only centered around possesion, but also around transitions of play. Retaining possesion was really only for a certain phase of games. Whereas Ajax and Az where comprised of youngsters and underdogs, the transition from winning theball to attack and direct attacking got a greater emphasis, which to me strengthened his football both in effectivity and excitement, with the player characteristics at Barca and United, the possession phase became more central, leading to much sideways passing. He said himself he wanted passing speed and forward movement quicker at United, but he couldn’t get the players to do it, and to my mind it was due to bad scouting and overly detailed management that scare or provoked many of the players. I wouldn’t call either that or Fergies counterattacks of the 90’s more or less reactionary, it was just a very different weighting of how to deal with transition and risk. But VG United certainly wasn’t low block counterattacking like you wrote, IMo, whereas Fergie always loved counterattacking, and varied between medium press height and low press height mostly.

To me, excitement is not about press height or possession, It’s about feedom of expression matched with ability, risk, intensity and variation. Van Gaal United and Mou United flunked at that, Van Gaal Ajax and 90’s Fergie excelled at it, and I think Solskjærs brand of United tends much more towards the latter. The springing point is the ability part, which is were I think we are in slow progress towards.,

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
According to TransferMarkt. Total squad values are:
£282m = Borussia Mönchengladbach. Most valued player = £36m, Denis Zakaria
£720m = Manchester United. Most valued player(s) = £72m, Pogba, Rashford, Fernandes.

United have 3 players worth twice as much as Gladbach's best. So the question is What would Marco Rose do with our squad?
This is why I hate the line "no manager would do anything under this ownership" from those that are defending Ole.

There's managers that coach teams to play a style and they pick the team that suits their tactics. It's not about names etc, they wouldn't just play Pogba because he was there and he's a big name. This is what Pep and Klopp do. They don't just have the best players, they buy players and coach players to play their way. Those that don't, get shipped out.

Somebody with such good coaching ability that can instil an entertaining style, would absolutely get more out of our team. If they can do it with worse players then they can do it with ours. It's just such a simple line of logic. And I think one thing our players need is more direction, because instinctively most of them don't gel or play good football together.

The problem we have had is choosing the wrong managers. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't spin the wheel again, it just means try something different. And for me we've not tried this type of coach at all post Fergie. Maybe Jose was in a way, but he wasn't as aggressive or exciting in his football.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Oh, I remember Ajax of Van Gaal very well, it was a great joy, to watch. Van Gaals philosophy was not only centered around possesion, but also around transitions of play. Retaining possesion was really only for a certain phase of games. Whereas Ajax and Az where comprised of youngsters and underdogs, the transition from winning theball to attack and direct attacking got a greater emphasis, which to me strengthened his football both in effectivity and excitement, with the player characteristics at Barca and United, the possession phase became more central, leading to much sideways passing. He said himself he wanted passing speed and forward movement quicker at United, but he couldn’t get the players to do it, and to my mind it was due to bad scouting and overly detailed management that scare or provoked many of the players. I wouldn’t call either that or Fergies counterattacks of the 90’s more or less reactionary, it was just a very different weighting of how to deal with transition and risk. But VG United certainly wasn’t low block counterattacking like you wrote, IMo, whereas Fergie always loved counterattacking, and varied between medium press height and low press height mostly.

To me, excitement is not about press height or possession, It’s about feedom of expression matched with ability, risk, intensity and variation. Van Gaal United and Mou United flunked at that, Van Gaal Ajax and 90’s Fergie excelled at it, and I think Solskjærs brand of United tends much more towards the latter. The springing point is the ability part, which is were I think we are in slow progress towards.,
What would you describe the football Van Gaal instilled at United? For me he played a brand of football that sacrificed attacking intent for defensive stability hence we became a very risk averse team which was compounded by his poor recruitment because he was the manager and not the head coach. And you can't blame the scouts because Van Gaal himself went on MUTV and described how he signed Marcos Rojo after he impressed him and his analysts after the Dutch were defeated against Argentina on penalties in the World Cup . Di Maria he name dropped in a press conference and said he needed a player with speed like that and was granted his wish. Once again this further highlights that he was given autonomy in the transfer market.

And as far as what he did at Ajax is inconsequential to what happened at United. But I'll give you my two cents on what he achieved at Ajax from a coaching POV. He took over from Leo Beenhakker and was a unpopular and unproven coach at the time. He took over a club that had won a title in 1990 if I'm not mistaken so he already had the team built for him which he took to the next level using the turbo charged principles of Rinus Michels's total football philosophy. So every player was coached to play in any given position in any phase of the transition which maintained defensive balance and structure on the turn over. And that style I would never say was reactive and neither was Fergie's when he had the tools at his disposal.

And as far as LVG's emphasis on emphasizing the central zones at Barca and United are concerned, then that's due to the player characteristics you've described already at Barca which is playing to your teams strength. But at United he made a rod for his own back and was given autonomy when it comes to recruitment which he failed at and I've given you examples. So in essence he reverted to type and lost his job and it further illustrated to me at least, that we need a Sporting Director which LVG always had in his prior success at Ajax, Barca and Bayern.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I was very happy we won but I foresee trouble ahead because I don't believe our team is setup to enforce or resist high pressure against teams who are adept at applying high pressure. I know this opinion causes much consternation among certain sections of the fan base but this is my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.
Isn't Ole's results against other top 6 teams from last season evidence that he has a system that can win games against 'high pressure' teams?

Also, please don't become an OleOUTer :(, you're too classy for that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Isn't Ole's results against other top 6 teams from last season evidence that he has a system that can win games against 'high pressure' teams?

Also, please don't become an OleOUTer :(, you're too classy for that.
I'm not gonna say anything to rock the boat tbf. I just hope you're correct bro..

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm not gonna say anything to rock the boat tbf. I just hope you're correct bro..
Re your point on some of Ole transfer buys vs his desire to adopt a ‘high pressure’ style (from your earlier lengthy and excellent post), I wish journalists would forcefully ask him this question as I’d love to know what his thinking and plans on this are. I’d also like to know what expertise and contribution Carrick and McKenna bring to this.

British football journalism is so basic and tabloid and educationally useless, even from the supposed serious football expert types. I’ve learned far more about our tactical evolution challenges from you than any media journalist. Maybe you might consider this as a profession, or start your own platform or contribute to tifo or the like.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Re your point on some of Ole transfer buys vs his desire to adopt a ‘high pressure’ style (from your earlier lengthy and excellent post), I wish journalists would forcefully ask him this question as I’d love to know what his thinking and plans on this are. I’d also like to know what expertise and contribution Carrick and McKenna bring to this.

British football journalism is so basic and tabloid and educationally useless, even from the supposed serious football expert types. I’ve learned far more about our tactical evolution challenges from you that any media journalist. Maybe you might consider this as a profession, or start your own platform or contribute to tifo or the like.
Tbh with you our pundits are just as bad IMO. They're just hired by the TV companies for the drama rather than their understanding of the game. Everything is very basic and it seems like some are stuck in the past.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is why I hate the line "no manager would do anything under this ownership" from those that are defending Ole.

There's managers that coach teams to play a style and they pick the team that suits their tactics. It's not about names etc, they wouldn't just play Pogba because he was there and he's a big name. This is what Pep and Klopp do. They don't just have the best players, they buy players and coach players to play their way. Those that don't, get shipped out.

Somebody with such good coaching ability that can instil an entertaining style, would absolutely get more out of our team. If they can do it with worse players then they can do it with ours. It's just such a simple line of logic. And I think one thing our players need is more direction, because instinctively most of them don't gel or play good football together.

The problem we have had is choosing the wrong managers. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't spin the wheel again, it just means try something different. And for me we've not tried this type of coach at all post Fergie. Maybe Jose was in a way, but he wasn't as aggressive or exciting in his football.
please tell me the number of players pep and klopp shipped in and out of the squads they inherited before they made their teams champions. In Pep’s case, make sure you also include players he inherited that fitted his vision in the ‘in’ count.

then compare that to OGS player turnover (which anyway has been hindered by imperfect board support).

I know the numbers but would be great if you did too so we can continue this discussion.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What would you describe the football Van Gaal instilled at United? For me he played a brand of football that sacrificed attacking intent for defensive stability hence we became a very risk averse team which was compounded by his poor recruitment because he was the manager and not the head coach. And you can't blame the scouts because Van Gaal himself went on MUTV and described how he signed Marcos Rojo after he impressed him and his analysts after the Dutch were defeated against Argentina on penalties in the World Cup . Di Maria he name dropped in a press conference and said he needed a player with speed like that and was granted his wish. Once again this further highlights that he was given autonomy in the transfer market.

And as far as what he did at Ajax is inconsequential to what happened at United. But I'll give you my two cents on what he achieved at Ajax from a coaching POV. He took over from Leo Beenhakker and was a unpopular and unproven coach at the time. He took over a club that had won a title in 1990 if I'm not mistaken so he already had the team built for him which he took to the next level using the turbo charged principles of Rinus Michels's total football philosophy. So every player was coached to play in any given position in any phase of the transition which maintained defensive balance and structure on the turn over. And that style I would never say was reactive and neither was Fergie's when he had the tools at his disposal.

And as far as LVG's emphasis on emphasizing the central zones at Barca and United are concerned, then that's due to the player characteristics you've described already at Barca which is playing to your teams strength. But at United he made a rod for his own back and was given autonomy when it comes to recruitment which he failed at and I've given you examples. So in essence he reverted to type and lost his job and it further illustrated to me at least, that we need a Sporting Director which LVG always had in his prior success at Ajax, Barca and Bayern.
Van Gaal reign was truly baffling. I was so excited to see what he would do, but in the end, he produced the most insanely rigid, robotic and monotonous football, without any hint of flair or skill that I’ve ever seen our club play.

he obviously had his very precise belief system, but unlike say Bielsa, he just couldn’t land his thinking.

I’ve worked with senior people like him in the corporate business world: their problem is they can’t adapt their system by the few percent required for it to work with the available resources. And so the output always feels mechanical and without soul.

mechanical is also how I’d describe all of his recruitment. He tried to do way too much way too quickly. And we lost a few really good players and still have deadwood on our books because of that.

In hindsight, I’m actually angry at how much damage Van Gaal did. His legacy was way more destructive than Mourinho.

SinNombre

If you are going to go for a hipster manager, go for one who has actually won something.

There is a reason why Klopp was my #1 pick for when Fergie retired (Jose was #2 so not saying I made the greatest of picks).

I would like to see Nagelsmann or Rose win a competitive trophy first.

Actually, the odds are well stacked against Rose to ever be a top percentile manager. I'll make a thread about it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If you are going to go for a hipster manager, go for one who has actually won something.

There is a reason why Klopp was my #1 pick for when Fergie retired (Jose was #2 so not saying I made the greatest of picks).

I would like to see Nagelsmann or Rose win a competitive trophy first.

Actually, the odds are well stacked against Rose to ever be a top percentile manager. I'll make a thread about it.
Totally agree on this. The United job is one of the hardest in the world, so having to learn how to win trophies and especially a league title ‘on the job’ makes it virtually impossible. our fan base and board expectations won’t ever give any manager that time.

even Ole has won a few league titles with Molde ( and plenty as a player) so he understands the nuances and tricks involved.

It’s why I’m so against Poch and why Moyes made no sense at all.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I've also been wondering about this apparent contradiction. I thought @Theonas in another thread had a good suggestion to resolve that issue:
When Ole talks about pressing, it sounds to me more like old school closing down than the synchronized collective pressing used by modern teams.
So kinda in the way 'pressing' was often meant in his own playing days under SAF (which anyway seems to be an important frame of reference for Ole).

Sorry, back to Rose!

Grande

Yes, I put the player aquisitions under VG to a good extent down to him, shouldn’t have called that scouting, even if it is VG scouting. I think maybe we are going off a tangent of a tangent, though. Certainly I agree VG at United was risk avversive, I said as much. Surely you can call that defensive, as possession is as much a form of defense as attack. You used the term reactive a few times about VG, which to me is a vague term. If it means tailoring your approach to every different opposition, that’s certainly mot Van Gaal. If it means focused on transitions of play, that is Van Gaal.

The one thing I did disagree about was when it seemed to me you used the words ‘low block’ and ‘counterattacking’ as more descriptive of Van Gaal era than Fergie era.

But all this has more to do with Marcos Rojo than with Marco Rose, so I suggest we leave it at that for this thread :)

I have seen very little of Mönchengladbach, so I know little about what he stands for.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
please tell me the number of players pep and klopp shipped in and out of the squads they inherited before they made their teams champions. In Pep’s case, make sure you also include players he inherited that fitted his vision in the ‘in’ count.

then compare that to OGS player turnover (which anyway has been hindered by imperfect board support).

I know the numbers but would be great if you did too so we can continue this discussion.
How can I do that, exactly? Unless I'm Pep himself, I can't tell you which of the players he inherited fit his vision. You can assume those that he signs (and subsequently keeps) do, but it's a bit harder with those in his squad already. I mean, by that token, because I can see where you are going here, shall I include Phil Jones etc in Ole's 'In's'? Because he's not moved him on, so perhaps he fits his vision.

Besides, you're just missing the point I was making. This wasn't about squad turnover, but the approach of a certain type of manager/coach.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@Adnan

am watching Gladbach play since 2nd half.

I see why you mean; it’s very high energy, relentless and fierce.

Looks like Rose doesn’t have good enough players to use this strategy toe to toe vs an quality experienced side like Conte’s Inter.

arthurka

@Adnan

Looks like Rose doesn’t have good enough players to use this strategy toe to toe vs an quality experienced side like Conte’s Inter.
They are now leading away against Conte and co.. playing very well.

Edit being VAR checked
Edit again.. it's a goal and a good one at that.

Wayne's World

Huge fan of his since his Salzburg days. Modern coach with modern ideas and will only get better

He should be an candidate for the United but I doubt we would take the risk

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They are now leading away against Conte and co.. playing very well.

Edit being VAR checked
Edit again.. it's a goal and a good one at that.
cracking 2nd half.
glad I watched that and have been inducted a little into the hipster world of Marcus Rose :lol:

arthurka

cracking 2nd half.
glad I watched that and have been inducted a little into the hipster world of Marcus Rose :lol:
Yes absolutely they were very good second half and inter played their part. Rose is working wonders with this team he is getting everything out of this lot. Would love to see him get a decent squad and a bit of money to work with. Think he is a great manager and he should be in the hat for our next manager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan

That equalizing goal at the end was very dissapointing for myself. It felt like United conceding a late equalizer..

But even with a limited squad his team displayed his ideas at times which cut Inter open with some brilliant combination and movement to breach their back line.

Rose has gone on record to say that he wants his team to play winning football that is fun to watch. And that is the sole reason I will follow his career path and hope he succeeds at which ever club he ends up at. If it's not United then I hope Michael Zorc makes a play for him to bring him to BVB.

Last edited:

arthurka

That equalizing goal at the end was very dissapointing for myself. It felt like United conceding a late equalizer..

But even with a limited squad his team displayed his ideas at times which cut Inter open with some brilliant combination and movement to breach their back line.

Rose has gone on record to say that his team wants to play winning football that is fun to watch. And that is the sole reason I will follow his career path and hope he succeeds at which ever club he ends up at. If it's not United then I hope Michael Zorc makes a play for him to bring him to BVB.
You can be sure of BVB tracking his success.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
At least he made a better start to this European when comparing to last year. /s

His style of play is just a joy to watch though. We saw at Salzburg what he could do with a (relative to the rest of the league) expensive squad and made deep runs into the EL, so I don’t buy this nonsense of he has to win something, because he actually has.
That run into the semis with Salzburg was fantastic to watch. Marseille eventually won the semi with a 117th minute winner but with a bit of luck Salzburg quite easily could've been in the final.

He's won quite a lot relative to his short career at the top thus far. He won the UEFA Youth League with Salzburg playing fantastic football and for me that was a good achievement and he followed that up with winning back to back titles with Salzburg's senior team and almost made a European final.

He's a coach that implements a brand of football that is good to watch IMO and I hope he has a good career.

Champagne Football

Son of Lillian Thuram with both goals against Real so far. Always dreamed Lillian would join Utd under Fergie back in the day but wasn't to be despite interest. What a player

Wayne's World

Son of Lillian Thuram with both goals against Real so far. Always dreamed Lillian would join Utd under Fergie back in the day but wasn't to be despite interest. What a player
Yeah been very impressed him tonight. I think he'd suit playing in England too with his style of play

Definitely think we should be looking at him from now, looks a top player in the making.

3KDré

Thuram is getting a lot of credit today but Plea for me was better.