Marco Rose | OFFICIAL: Joining Dortmund at the end of the season

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So Dortmund does to others what Bayern does to them, they all get along nicely do they, only Bayern get the trophies.
Schulz, Hazard, Brandt, Diallo, Delaney, Dahoud, Schurrle. They sign from within the league often.

If he lives to the hype then I can see that happening :lol: :(
I think they've earmarked Gerrard for the role.

That's like Klopp moving from Liverpool to Manchester United. Aren't Gladbach and Schalke, Dortmund's biggest rivals?
Dortmund have signed a couple of players from Gladbach in recent seasons: Hazard and Dahoud. And Reus almost a decade ago. Don't think there have been any signings between Liverpool and United in the same period or longer.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Gladbach and Dortmund face each other in the cup in a couple of weeks so that'll be fun.

Cheimoon

Best Newbie Promoted 2020
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That's like Klopp moving from Liverpool to Manchester United. Aren't Gladbach and Schalke, Dortmund's biggest rivals?
No, Dortmund's rivals are Schalke and Bochum; Gladbach's rivarlries are rather with Köln and Leverkusen, from what I understand. They're not that close in a region that's absolutely packed with clubs.

Also, Gladbach is still a tier below Dortmund. So this is rather like Everton's coach moving to United or Chelsea, I'd say. (In Everton's current form.)

Kostov

Schulz, Hazard, Brandt, Diallo, Delaney, Dahoud, Schurrle. They sign from within the league often.

Dortmund have signed a couple of players from Gladbach in recent seasons: Hazard and Dahoud. And Reus almost a decade ago. Don't think there have been any signings between Liverpool and United in the same period or longer.
Seems like the natural food chain in Germany.

No, Dortmund's rivals are Schalke and Bochum; Gladbach's rivarlries are rather with Köln and Leverkusen, from what I understand. They're not that close in a region that's absolutely packed with clubs.

Also, Gladbach is still a tier below Dortmund. So this is rather like Everton's coach moving to United or Chelsea, I'd say. (In Everton's current form.)
I was sure about Schalke but not Gladbach, and that paint a different picture to be fair. Thank for the info.

Crashoutcassius

Don't worry we'll miss out on all the promising young managers for you to celebrate
Who was in two years ago ? Howe, gasperini, ten hag, jardim

There'll always be flavor of the month managers that people just go quiet on. All good managers I'm sure but rarely the perfect solution as touted by fans

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Quite accurate. Gladbach might even have more of a rivalry with Bayern than Dortmund.
Many Gladbach fans are not that fond of Dortmund, though. Mainly because they keep buying players and now managers from them. So there might be a new rivalry developing there.

Cheimoon

Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Quite accurate. Gladbach might even have more of a rivalry with Bayern than Dortmund.
Many Gladbach fans are not that fond of Dortmund, though. Mainly because they keep buying players and now managers from them. So there might be a new rivalry developing there.
That's kinda like how every bigger club is hated though. Probably Southampton have developed a healthy dislike of Liverpool as well. :) (Even without the Van Dijk incident.)

mav_9me

Brilliant appointment. Their defence needs work, but Rose with that attack? Tasty. The hunt for 2nd place in Germany is really going to heat up.
You think this is going to destabilize Gladbach? cuz dortmund are really a shambles right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time

There'll always be flavor of the month managers that people just go quiet on. All good managers I'm sure but rarely the perfect solution as touted by fans
And there will always be genuinely brilliant managers coming through who will establish themselves as top managers eventually.

L1nk

And of course we have the perfect manager now. Can't wait for Nagelsmann to go elsewhere as well, i'll be celebrating like you

BayernFan87

Wow, purposely weakening (one of) your biggest competitor and on top announcing it directly before the duel of the two teams.

Dortmund is really trying to copy Bayern aren't they? ;)

Can't wait for the German media to spin this positive right after bashing Bayern again because of the Upamecano transfer.

horsechoker

Sailor vee, this is a right off.
Wow, purposely weakening (one of) your biggest competitor and on top announcing it directly before the duel of the two teams.

Dortmund is really trying to copy Bayern aren't they? ;)

Can't wait for the German media to spin this positive right after bashing Bayern again because of the Upamecano transfer.
Yeah, this is like the time I took 5 pounds out my mum's purse while someone else constantly robs banks.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

No, it's nothing like moving from Liverpool to United. Dortmund has a much bigger standing than Gladbach, even if they do not that well this season.

First comes Bayern with a large margin, then comes Dortmund with another large margin, then the others.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Awesome stuff, a real coup from Dortmund similar to when they got Tuchel even though they missed out on UCL in Klopps last season.

It will be interesting to see what squad he has to build with, lots of older players who are declined and their best young star will leave.

Going to be a big transition for them but atleast they have one of the best managers available to them to take forward.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, this is like the time I took 5 pounds out my mum's purse while someone else constantly robs banks.
FYI: Dortmund has bought more players/managers from Gladbach (Reus, Hazard, Dahoud, Rose) than Bayern from Dortmund. ;)

Judas

Open to offers
Which is highly likely, over-rated and won nothing. Just the next hipster manager.
When does a manager stop being a hipster one? What managers that we're linked to aren't hipster? I see this insult thrown around a lot and I don't really get it. It seems every young manager is a "hipster" manager according to plenty on here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When does a manager stop being a hipster one? What managers that we're linked to aren't hipster? I see this insult thrown around a lot and I don't really get it. It seems every young manager is a "hipster" manager according to plenty on here.
Would Mourinho have been called hipster in 2004? Or Arsene Wenger in 1996? :D

Jaap

No, they are not. Schalke, Bayern - Hoffenheim and Leipzig, to an extent, recently due to their rise.

If Rodgers left for City/Chelsea, if you were to compare the move.

R'hllor

Ole beat another hipster manager off the list. Next! Only good thing about it, now those who follow Rose closely can go in his thread and have discussion about him without insecure lunatics jumping in feeling threatned for Ole.

do.ob

No, they are not. Schalke, Bayern - Hoffenheim and Leipzig, to an extent, recently due to their rise.

If Rodgers left for City/Chelsea, if you were to compare the move.
I'm not sure I would call Hoffenheim or Leipzig a rivalry. There has been a lot of tension because of cultural disagreements, but unlike with Schalke or Bayern it wouldn't be a big deal at all if players get transferred between the clubs.

Jaap

I'm not sure I would call Hoffenheim or Leipzig a rivalry. There has been a lot of tension because of cultural disagreements, but unlike with Schalke or Bayern it wouldn't be a big deal at all if players get transferred between the clubs.
"So-called rivalry", I suppose, that is what my Dortmund mates tell me but you're right, yes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm extremely intrigued to see how this goes for him. I'll be swapping one Borussia for another next season and I hope Rose can build something great at BVB.

TsuWave

You'll be the first to want him out of he came here and wasn't immediately successful
And?

2018-ongoing. £305M spent and still horrible football, but somehow I’m being painted as someone with an expectation for immediate success :lol:

Varun

Staff
Wonder what will be the motivation, Gladbach and Dortmund are on same points, fighting for CL spot.
Says more about the work he's done at Gladbach and how underpar Dortmund have been than anything else. It's a big step up for him. That Dortmund attack with him as manager is a tasty proposition once he's settled down

Cheimoon

Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Thanks for the horrific flashback.
Christ, I hadn't even though of that! :lol: Yes, not a promising comparison from Dortmund's perspective...

But I rather meant Everton right now: kinda challenging for top 4 spots like Gladbach is, but all the same not in the same tier as the real top clubs of the EPL, as much as Everton might end above them this season. (Leaving that 'real top clubs' neatly undefined, cause I wouldn't even know who exactly to put in there right now! I guess at least Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea. But anyway., you get the idea.)

Castia

Another hipster bites the dust.

Southampton struggling, Rose to Dortmund done so just the guy from Leipzig left.