Marco Rose | OFFICIAL: Joining Dortmund at the end of the season

L1nk

Who was in two years ago ? Howe, gasperini, ten hag, jardim

There'll always be flavor of the month managers that people just go quiet on. All good managers I'm sure but rarely the perfect solution as touted by fans
And of course we have the perfect manager now. Can't wait for Nagelsmann to go elsewhere as well, i'll be celebrating like you

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wow, purposely weakening (one of) your biggest competitor and on top announcing it directly before the duel of the two teams.

Dortmund is really trying to copy Bayern aren't they? ;)

Can't wait for the German media to spin this positive right after bashing Bayern again because of the Upamecano transfer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wow, purposely weakening (one of) your biggest competitor and on top announcing it directly before the duel of the two teams.

Dortmund is really trying to copy Bayern aren't they? ;)

Can't wait for the German media to spin this positive right after bashing Bayern again because of the Upamecano transfer.
Yeah, this is like the time I took 5 pounds out my mum's purse while someone else constantly robs banks.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
That's like Klopp moving from Liverpool to Manchester United. Aren't Gladbach and Schalke, Dortmund's biggest rivals?

No, it's nothing like moving from Liverpool to United. Dortmund has a much bigger standing than Gladbach, even if they do not that well this season.

First comes Bayern with a large margin, then comes Dortmund with another large margin, then the others.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Awesome stuff, a real coup from Dortmund similar to when they got Tuchel even though they missed out on UCL in Klopps last season.

It will be interesting to see what squad he has to build with, lots of older players who are declined and their best young star will leave.

Going to be a big transition for them but atleast they have one of the best managers available to them to take forward.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, this is like the time I took 5 pounds out my mum's purse while someone else constantly robs banks.
FYI: Dortmund has bought more players/managers from Gladbach (Reus, Hazard, Dahoud, Rose) than Bayern from Dortmund. ;)

Judas

Open to offers
Which is highly likely, over-rated and won nothing. Just the next hipster manager.
When does a manager stop being a hipster one? What managers that we're linked to aren't hipster? I see this insult thrown around a lot and I don't really get it. It seems every young manager is a "hipster" manager according to plenty on here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When does a manager stop being a hipster one? What managers that we're linked to aren't hipster? I see this insult thrown around a lot and I don't really get it. It seems every young manager is a "hipster" manager according to plenty on here.
Would Mourinho have been called hipster in 2004? Or Arsene Wenger in 1996? :D

Jaap

That's like Klopp moving from Liverpool to Manchester United. Aren't Gladbach and Schalke, Dortmund's biggest rivals?
No, they are not. Schalke, Bayern - Hoffenheim and Leipzig, to an extent, recently due to their rise.

If Rodgers left for City/Chelsea, if you were to compare the move.

R'hllor

Ole beat another hipster manager off the list. Next! Only good thing about it, now those who follow Rose closely can go in his thread and have discussion about him without insecure lunatics jumping in feeling threatned for Ole.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No, they are not. Schalke, Bayern - Hoffenheim and Leipzig, to an extent, recently due to their rise.

If Rodgers left for City/Chelsea, if you were to compare the move.
I'm not sure I would call Hoffenheim or Leipzig a rivalry. There has been a lot of tension because of cultural disagreements, but unlike with Schalke or Bayern it wouldn't be a big deal at all if players get transferred between the clubs.

Jaap

I'm not sure I would call Hoffenheim or Leipzig a rivalry. There has been a lot of tension because of cultural disagreements, but unlike with Schalke or Bayern it wouldn't be a big deal at all if players get transferred between the clubs.
"So-called rivalry", I suppose, that is what my Dortmund mates tell me but you're right, yes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm extremely intrigued to see how this goes for him. I'll be swapping one Borussia for another next season and I hope Rose can build something great at BVB.

TsuWave

You'll be the first to want him out of he came here and wasn't immediately successful
And?

2018-ongoing. £305M spent and still horrible football, but somehow I’m being painted as someone with an expectation for immediate success :lol:

Varun

Staff
Wonder what will be the motivation, Gladbach and Dortmund are on same points, fighting for CL spot.
Says more about the work he's done at Gladbach and how underpar Dortmund have been than anything else. It's a big step up for him. That Dortmund attack with him as manager is a tasty proposition once he's settled down

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Thanks for the horrific flashback.
Christ, I hadn't even though of that! :lol: Yes, not a promising comparison from Dortmund's perspective...

But I rather meant Everton right now: kinda challenging for top 4 spots like Gladbach is, but all the same not in the same tier as the real top clubs of the EPL, as much as Everton might end above them this season. (Leaving that 'real top clubs' neatly undefined, cause I wouldn't even know who exactly to put in there right now! I guess at least Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea. But anyway., you get the idea.)

Castia

Another hipster bites the dust.

Southampton struggling, Rose to Dortmund done so just the guy from Leipzig left.

Caesar2290

Maybe the manager isn't the problem...
Funny how when SAF was around this quote wasn't being thrown around. I guess Pep got a set of new owners as well.

Another hipster bites the dust.

Southampton struggling, Rose to Dortmund done so just the guy from Leipzig left.
Are you talking about the hipster that dumped us out of the CL with an inferior squad?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Most obvious outcome ever, but this has the potential to become really good. Will be interesting to see if Rose can make the next step.

The real Bundesliga title race was the friends they made along the way.
:lol:

Judas

Open to offers
Still waiting for someone to tell me what a hipster manager is, what makes them a hipster manager, and if or when do they stop being a hipster manager. Funny how the people who throw the term around don't seem to be able to explain it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Still waiting for someone to tell me what a hipster manager is, what makes them a hipster manager, and if or when do they stop being a hipster manager. Funny how the people who throw the term around don't seem to be able to explain it.
If you hire a guy from a notoriously pretentious and silly football tactics internet blog as your assistant, you are a hipster manager. Case closed.

Cloud7

“Hipster manager” is probably the most annoying term that you see around here. The only meaning I’ve managed to ascertain thus far is it’s a manger that isn’t the United manager, and one that people besides the person using the term “hipster manager” seem to like.

I have no doubt once upon a time these same people would have called Wenger, Mourinho, Pep and Klopp hipster managers.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Pretty simple isn't it? It's a manager who is lauded by the latte drinking football hipsters. These being the types who don't support a team, but instead have a weird penchant for whichever young manager is doing cool tactical stuff with an unfashionable team.

Amazed you've got your knickers in such a twist over it.

Cloud7

It is, however if it's applicable anywhere it is for Rose.
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not :lol:

I don’t even know that much about the guy, I just know that whenever that term is used around here it’s done so in a really stupid way.

Said fans are probably the same ones that go around saying “This wouldn’t happen if Roy Keane were here!”

buckooo1978

hipster manager or hipster anything has nothing to do with the thing that is hipster is it?

I always thought it concerns the people who jump onto a new trend or style because they see it as nouvaux-cool

like people who dress like something out of the peaky f@#king blinders

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Pretty simple isn't it? It's a manager who is lauded by the latte drinking football hipsters. These being the types who don't support a team, but instead have a weird penchant for whichever young manager is doing cool tactical stuff with an unfashionable team.

Amazed you've got your knickers in such a twist over it.
So since Nagelsmann got the tag as well: do Real Madrid qualify as "latte drinking football hipsters" for talking to him as early as 2018? Let's be honest, it's a defensive mechanism when people whose football bubble doesn't go much further than PL top 4 get confronted with what happens outside of it.

Last edited: