Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is better preparing his teams to adapt to the opponent than creating a football identity to his own team. Nothing new similar to NES from Wolves only difference is one prepares better his teams to defend than the other.

Won’t be surprised if next week they lose against a team everyone thinks they should beat.

Anyway he did a decent thing with them improving and developing DCL even against the opinion of their fans.

Will always be battling to keep his job like 90% of the managers who aren’t Klopp, Guardiola or Pochettino.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
New manager taking time to settling down - never heard about it.

Still think he is a fraud?

They thrashed us and Chelsea, beat arsenal and got beat by a very last minute goal against liverpool.

Not a fraud, but nowhere near good as the media was writing about him in the last two seasons. I think Everton is his level, because Marco Silva is quite a good manager to have if you want to have a solid season or if you are a small team and want to avoid relegation without playing boring football.

Not a top team manager, but a good manager nonetheless.

haram

Happy for him, deserved the time and now they are playing well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Very good manager. Wouldn't look bad at United if we have the right recruitment setup (means definitely not now).

Please bring Richarlison as well.

ArjenIsM3

He is better preparing his teams to adapt to the opponent than creating a football identity to his own team. Nothing new similar to NES from Wolves only difference is one prepares better his teams to defend than the other.

Won’t be surprised if next week they lose against a team everyone thinks they should beat.

Anyway he did a decent thing with them improving and developing DCL even against the opinion of their fans.

Will always be battling to keep his job like 90% of the managers who aren’t Klopp, Guardiola or Pochettino.
Right so a bit like Mourinho then

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Perfect example why we shouldn’t be so flippant when judging managers, myself included. I was ready to be done with him in February after our awful run but it was a time during which all of our players were in a terrible rut of form. Pickford was dropping clangers everywhere and the new signings were having a bit of a shaky period. Fair play to him though as he stuck with his principles and we have looked like a top top team recently. Funny that the two Liverpool games have coincided with our worst run of form and our best run of form...

FujiVice

Everton's season seems to have been sandwiched between the two Liverpool games. They were doing alright until that last minute goal. Then it took that 0-0 to get them back on track. They've been excellent recently.

ArjenIsM3

Everton's season seems to have been sandwiched between the two Liverpool games. They were doing alright until that last minute goal. Then it took that 0-0 to get them back on track. They've been excellent recently.
I'll admit they played well against us (though we were in terrible form) but having watched the Burnley game just now I was far from impressed. They played worse against Burnley than we did against Chelsea but the difference is luck was on their side today and they got away with it. Good start to the match, got lucky with the own goal, decent second goal and after that a whole load of nothing. 25 minutes of entertaining footy, 65 minutes of dogshite.

Irwin99

Spurs need at least a point tomorrow. Facing these guys last day is not an easy game at all.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'll admit they played well against us (though we were in terrible form) but having watched the Burnley game just now I was far from impressed. They played worse against Burnley than we did against Chelsea but the difference is luck was on their side today and they got away with it. Good start to the match, got lucky with the own goal, decent second goal and after that a whole load of nothing. 25 minutes of entertaining footy, 65 minutes of dogshite.
During that 65 minutes of ‘dogshite’ they played better football than we have for weeks

ArjenIsM3

During that 65 minutes of ‘dogshite’ they played better football than we have for weeks
Hardly, as we played a better first half against Chelsea than they did against Burnley which even relatively is worse opposition, but even if you'd be right it would mean nothing. They're in the best form of their season while we're the opposite. I'm not saying they didn't play well against us or that they haven't been playing well lately, I'm just saying this performance wasn't all that

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Hardly, as we played a better first half against Chelsea than they did against Burnley which even relatively is worse opposition, but even if you'd be right it would mean nothing. They're in the best form of their season while we're the opposite. I'm not saying they didn't play well against us or that they haven't been playing well lately, I'm just saying this performance wasn't all that
It wasn’t amazing, but Everton shouldn’t be judged by that standard. I don’t know, just seems a bit odd to bash them when they’ve turned a poor season into their best for some time and are looking a genuinely decent side

ArjenIsM3

It wasn’t amazing, but Everton shouldn’t be judged by that standard. I don’t know, just seems a bit odd to bash them when they’ve turned a poor season into their best for some time and are looking a genuinely decent side
By what standard? I'm judging them based on how they should be doing which is fight for Place 6-8. They're now in 8th place. Which is ok. Burnley are 15th. They should beat them. They look decent sure and they have a few quality players but to me it feels like there's a lot of people creating a hype around then that's not (yet) warranted tbh. The Dutch commentator even went as far as saying that if they wore a slightly lighter shade of blue people would believe they were Man City based on the quality of their first 30 minutes. Feck me.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
By what standard? I'm judging them based on how they should be doing which is fight for Place 6-8. They're now in 8th place. Which is ok. Burnley are 15th. They should beat them. They look decent sure and they have a few quality players but to me it feels like there's a lot of people creating a hype around then that's not (yet) warranted tbh. The Dutch commentator even went as far as saying that if they wore a slightly lighter shade of blue people would believe they were Man City based on the quality of their first 30 minutes. Feck me.
:lol: That last bit is good

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
8 clean sheets in 10. 4 of those against top 6 teams :eek:
Pickford not the worst keeper in history then?

Yes Everton have picked up, little bit too late but they can challenge for top 6 next season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pretty much this. They were actually o.k up to start of December (odd poor performance like at home to West Ham notwithstanding) and looking at the table before they kicked off at Anfield they were 6th, 1 point above Man. United, 5 points behind Arsenal and 6 behind Chelsea.

I'm not saying they should've seriously challenged for top 6 but after Anfield their form fell off a cliff for 3 months, couldn't eve win a home game and this allowed Man. United with their winning run to build a 15 point lead in two months.

I had my doubts on Zouma but he's been really good lately so if they could sign him permanently that would be a huge signing as their back 4 has really settled down and that's giving them the base to win games as they always have a goal in them.

SambaBoy

Some of the best players are loanees which always seems to be the case with Everton. They will need to keep them permanently but then they are using their transfer budget to technically not improve their squad.

Zouma and Gomes will be big lossess if they don't keep them. I think they will let Mina go back to Barcelona, hasn't really made an impact and the buy clause is around £25m if I remember rightly.

A striker will be key in summer, Tosun will be sold most likely. DCL leads the line well and has good attributes but he's not a goalscorer and Richarlison isn't a natural no9.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some of the best players are loanees which always seems to be the case with Everton. They will need to keep them permanently but then they are using their transfer budget to technically not improve their squad.

Zouma and Gomes will be big lossess if they don't keep them. I think they will let Mina go back to Barcelona, hasn't really made an impact and the buy clause is around £25m if I remember rightly.

A striker will be key in summer, Tosun will be sold most likely. DCL leads the line well and has good attributes but he's not a goalscorer and Richarlison isn't a natural no9.
They've actually signed Mina permanently.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They’ve won one and drawn one....would have gone top if they’d won today. Some people are so desperate to bash Silva, like it’s an addiction

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
His obsession with Sigurdsson will prove costly

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We were rubbish today but he's been let down by DCL and Walcott who both should have scored. Not taking Gomes off was a bad decision as he had one of the worst games i've seen from him but Villa weren't that good. Iwobi and Kean both looked lively when they came on and I think Iwobi will be key to our attacking play moving forward.

Kag

Too many chancers in this Everton side. Gomes, Walcott, Mina - there are more, surely. Not the sort that you can rely upon when the going gets tough.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
For people who said their squad was better than United's : Imagine if we had to rely on MLS Walcott for bench spark, or DCL as a striker.. Schneiderlin is actually an important piece for them, Mina journeymen, Pickford is a Championship keeper etc etc etc

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
For people who said their squad was better than United's : Imagine if we had to rely on MLS Walcott for bench spark, or DCL as a striker.. Schneiderlin is actually an important piece for them, Mina journeymen, Pickford is a Championship keeper etc etc etc
Who said this though?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not a whole lot he can do. They dont have the cash to compete with the top six.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
If DCL or Walcott had buried their chances, today would have been a very different game. But then, he took the risk of going into the season with inconsistent players.

Amarsdd

Who said this though?
a lot of the moaners here, lots of pundits and journos and even more of those youtube fan channels. They, along with Leicester and Wolves, were among the ones who were going to knock us out of top 6 based on the lot.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
a lot of the moaners here, lots of pundits and journos and even more of those youtube fan channels. They, along with Leicester and Wolves, were among the ones who were going to knock us out of top 6 based on the lot.
I haven't seen anyone on the Caf say that Everton has a better squad. Same for pundits or journos. But I believe you if you say you have.

Amarsdd

I haven't seen anyone on the Caf say that Everton has a better squad. Same for pundits or journos. But I believe you if you say you have.
just check the transfer tweets thread esp when they signed Kean, there are multiple pages of that. As for pundits and journos, they were always conflating those three (Leicester, Wolves and Everton) as the ones to possibly kick us out of top 6.