Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

Classical Mechanic

Good appointment, I think he'll improve the players already at the club even without investment. I'm struggling to remember much hype around Maguire at Hull before he took over and got the best out of him, same with Doucoure at Watford. He also doesn't have the Rooney problem so I can't see it imploding quickly like some are predicting.
Maguire has always been highly rated. We were linked to him when he was a youth player. He made League One team of the year three times on the bounce as a young player, Sheff United's player of the year three times and Hull City's player of the year once.

He's come up the hard way, through the divisions. Silva's 6 months managing him didn't make him.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tried looking for a information on their opponents and there is nothing. Even their soccerway page and worldfootball pages have hardly any match info since 2014. Are they pretty much Austrian non-league or something? I don't see the point in playing a team like that where you're just going to steamroll them and learn nothing.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
22-0 :lol:

The two best goals from the game:

FujiVice

Imagine how pissed off their fanbase would be if there was an ATVFTV

"I've fecking had enough Robbie. Every week, it's 22-0."

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Tried looking for a information on their opponents and there is nothing. Even their soccerway page and worldfootball pages have hardly any match info since 2014. Are they pretty much Austrian non-league or something? I don't see the point in playing a team like that where you're just going to steamroll them and learn nothing.
It took a little while, but I eventually saw that they play in the "Oberliga Nord", which is one of the 18 regional leagues which form the 5th tier of Austrian football. :houllier:

So yeah, that is an incredibly low standard. Seems a pretty pointless exercise really other than for the shits and giggles and subsequent headlines.

http://ticker.ligaportal.at/spielplan/52/oberliga-nord
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_2._Landesliga

PS - I notice in the video of the 4th goal Everton scored, that the opposition's goalkeeper is described by the Everton commentator as on record being "kebab loving". :nervous:

Last edited:
Reactions: Damien

SER19

Seems incredibly small time to arrange that friendly unless there is some sort of ceremonial reason for it?

Infestissumam

Seems incredibly small time to arrange that friendly unless there is some sort of ceremonial reason for it?
it's actually pretty common. There's numerous teams from Germany, England, France etc. coming to Austria for pre-season camps every year and they'll play regional lower-league teams every now and then. The result is extraordinary, the game itself isn't.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This is just ridiculous. That is like Everton playing me and my mates or something. We have a cigarette before the match, at half time and afterwards. Comical stuff.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Massive downgrade on Big Sam, can't see them finishing on top 10, it will be party days for Klopp and the Gegenpress brigade when they meet the shambolic defensive line of Fake Special One from Amoreira.

Robbie Boy

Good result. The arrogance of some people slagging off the opposition. It was actually quite tight for most of the game and the score line flattered Everton. Nevertheless they persevered and got a good win.

NYAS

Were there any controversial refereeing decisions?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was sort of looking at this match this afternoon when following a couple of scores. Caught my attention when Everton were about 4 up after 10 minutes...

I honestly thought it wasn't a real match, 5/6 a side where scoring is more frequent or that futsal type game Bundesliga clubs play during their winter break.

Mad you can still get these scores in a proper 90 minute game.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
A slap in the face to all those in the previous page who were predicting him to fail.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
FAO Toffee fans

Whats the likelihood of Lewis Gibson breaking through this season? I've been following his progress and he seemed to boss it last season for your U23s. Being made captain at 17 years old for the last few games too. Looks a terrific talent.

AndyJ1985

Why is a professional football team like Everton playing a team of amateurs? What a waste of everyone's time.

AlwaysRed66

A slap in the face to all those in the previous page who were predicting him to fail.
Because he slaughtered a team in a friendly?

Everton scored 22 goals today, Arsenal 8, & Liverpool none. Guess which of the three will be challenging for the title, & I cannot stand Liverpool.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto

Everton scored 22 goals today, Arsenal 8, & Liverpool none. Guess which of the three will be challenging for the title, & I cannot stand Liverpool.
Think it was a joke pal :(

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

Now I understand why people use white text.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
How utterly embarrassing.

22-0 against a pub side.

Why would you keep attacking? Absolutely against the spirit of everything. Twats

FujiVice

I'd have scored in that match. Me. Overweight 30 year old me, with a fecked back. I'd have done that keeper at the front post without leaving the ground.

drdoityourself

They were well in this match until the crucial 16th goal went in. After that the result was never in doubt.

Whoever is in charge of arranging pre season fixtures must have got an earful :lol:

Liam13

I think I saw on Twitter somewhere that they are letting us use their (apparently good) training facilities on our pre season camp for a lower price, but part of the agreement is that we play them in a preseason friendly.

God knows why we played a first team and not our u18s, but there ya go.

Sandro atill couldnt score :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Seriously, who planned this? It's a waste of time for both teams. Embarrassment for both sides.