Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Finally they got their man, just few months late.

Think he will be good for them.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
They got him in the end, but it will be interesting to see if it was all worth it. Very skeptical about this guy myself.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Now he's at a club where just surviving (not that he's even managed that) is enough. Wonder if they'll have money to spend after last summer.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They got him in the end, but it will be interesting to see if it was all worth it. Very skeptical about this guy myself.
Same. Never saw the fuss. Got some decent results with Hull but I don't think they did it playing particularly good football. He got that Hull side pretty well drilled in the dark arts. They became masters of diving and time wasting all of a sudden. They were awful to watch.

That Everton squad is shite. I personally think Big Sam did a decent job with what he had available. I am interested to see if Silva can improve on it.

Sigma

Hope he does well, I think he's a good manager.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm not convinced by him, a lot of the Portuguese managers that have come to England talk a good game and waffle on nineteen to the dozen. It's like they use it to distract the media from how crap the team is.

Tom Foster

He’ll be at Brighton in 12 months. Not worth discussion.
I try to avoid the merry-go round which just spews out unreadable articles. But it keeps people in a job.
I just feel sorry for Evertonians who’ll get all giddy for a couple of months and then it’ll be business as usual.

Alabaster Codify7

This will not end well. He'll have them scoring more but he has a lot of ponderous cloggers there, they won't be playing dashing football without serious investment. Poor defenders + New manager who can't defend = disaster.

Pickford's gonna be making 10 saves a game. Silva will be sacked by around Feb with them in the bottom half of the table, around 12th-14th.

Kapardin

This will not end well. He'll have them scoring more but he has a lot of ponderous cloggers there, they won't be playing dashing football without serious investment. Poor defenders + New manager who can't defend = disaster.

Pickford's gonna be making 10 saves a game. Silva will be sacked by around Feb with them in the bottom half of the table, around 12th-14th.
Didn't he make Hull somewhat defensively solid? I didn't see a lot of his Watford tenure but I know how it was to an extent.

Very hard to say whether he can succeed or not. Certainly not without transfers though, this current squad is more suited for the likes of Big Sam.

Hammerfell

I really don't get the weird hype around this bloke. He's been less than stellar in the Premier League.

extincti fugax hominum

Everton will probably be the champions next season now as some in here also predicted Ranieri to be sacked in a couple of months when Leicester appointed him in the summer of 2015. Look how that turned out :lol:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ranieri-is-the-new-leicester-manager.406530/

Going by this thread, you'd think he's the worst manager ever. The guy is definitely an upgrade on Allaryce who plays archaic football and is probably better than all of the British managers like Moyes, Hughes etc. who have an outdated idea of the game especially tactically. Good appointment from Everton imo.

Kapardin

I hope he gets Everton relegated. It would be what they deserve after their treatment of Allardyce after rescuing them this season.
If LvG got us fourth in 15/16, would you have wanted to keep him?

There are ways to achieve goals, and Allardyce's style of play and brash arrogance did not set well with them, as LvG's similar qualities did not set well with us.

Jonno

If LvG got us fourth in 15/16, would you have wanted to keep him?

There are ways to achieve goals, and Allardyce's style of play and brash arrogance did not set well with them, as LvG's similar qualities did not set well with us.
LVG also single handedly dismantled a title winning squad and replaced them with sh!te we're still to this day struggling to give away for free.

Jonno

Does anyone else think this was a mistake? I think he has been overrated.
Yep I agree with you. His face fits. Young, stylish foreign manager who had a decent spell in the PL about a year ago. He probably deserves a pop at a bigger club like Everton but this next 12 months will make or break his PL career.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's done nothing in his career to show he's better than Big Sam as it stands. Good luck to him because the Everton fans seem to turn very quickly.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Relegated with Hull, sacked by Watford, I swear these British managers always somehow get a ...oh. :p

FWIW I quite like him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good manager but needs to stay at a club a couple of years.

It's forgotten he had Watford playing really well start of the season, plenty of wins including v Arsenal, exciting 3-3 v Liverpool and they should've beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Then it all fell apart with injuries and the Everton speculation.

JMack1234

Marco Silva and Everton..still a better love story than twilight.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Most of the posters on Grand Old Team appear underwhelmed. Worst Appointment Since Mike Walker says one.
Currently over 90% posters on that forum have voted to give Silva the 'thumbs up'.

Blind

Good appointment, I think he'll improve the players already at the club even without investment. I'm struggling to remember much hype around Maguire at Hull before he took over and got the best out of him, same with Doucoure at Watford. He also doesn't have the Rooney problem so I can't see it imploding quickly like some are predicting.

Hiren Gor

His thoughts and career so far has been similar to Martinez, only difference being that Martinez won the FA Cup.

Last edited by a moderator: