Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Southampton might have a new Manager by then.
Everton have lost on their last three visits to Southampton so it's a bogey away ground for them, can remember them getting battered there 4-1 when Unsworth was caretaker manager.

FujiVice

Silva's gone you'd imagine. There was talk his job was riding on a result last week. Today was a total shambles.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Good luck Everton. :lol:

3rd Nov - Tottenham (H) L
9th Nov - Southampton (A) D
23rd Nov - Norwich (H) D
1st Dec - Leicester (A) L
4th Dec - Liverpool (A) L
7th Dec - Chelsea (H) L
15th Dec - Manchester United (A) W
21st Dec - Arsenal (H) L
26th Dec - Burnley (H) D
28th Dec - Newcastle United (A) L
1st Jan - Manchester City (A) L
Guaranteed 3 points on 15 December

Irwin99

That penalty decision was ridiculous. I'd be livid if that was United.

GenZRed

What exactly did Marco Silva do that made people excited about him?

On another note, I am worried about Jordan Pickford. It was a sloppy goal he conceded on the Free kick today and I hope he desn't take that sort of from into the Euros, or any England game/tournament for that matter.

Perseus

Tough pen and own goal. Horrible way to finish the game
Brighton's defence has gone to pot. Then Everton committed suicide and paid the penalty. Before that they were the best team BHA had played at the Amex this season*, funnelling back into deep defence and blocking lots of attacks. Can't press for toffee though.

Last edited:

Jibbs

I think Mourinho would be the perfect manager for everton. They have rich owners and Mourinho can take them to top 4 easily.

passing-wind

Biggest aspect managers with any aspiration need in this league is consistency. I don't blame Everton for looking to axe him, when you consider Leicester who invested similar amounts to Everton within the last few years, they really do have the qualities to be breaking easily into the top six.

Alabaster Codify7

I think Mourinho would be the perfect manager for everton. They have rich owners and Mourinho can take them to top 4 easily.
It's a good suggestion.
His underdog mentality would suit a club like Everton perfectly....it's a big enough club to tempt him in terms of status and history....huge budget but no expectation to play attacking football or immediate success.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Shocking manager. He should be doing much better with that Everton squad.

Him and Emery need sacking ASAP.

el3mel

probably one of the worst managers I have seen recently in the PL. God awful tactically.

MrBrightside1989

Silva, Pellegrini and Emery must be sweating now, will be interesting to see which team pulls the trigger first.

big Sam will have his mobile charging as we speak!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Notice that the classic "I have no idea what to do so I will put on as many forward players as I can in the second half" tactic came out today again. Idiot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everton have had a very easy start to the season, hardly played any of the better teams so far. Going to get much harder for them in next 6 weeks so terrible result for them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton have had a very easy start to the season, hardly played any of the better teams so far. Going to get much harder for them in next 6 weeks so terrible result for them.
We have lost against all promoted sides so far. That’s just not okay.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was completely spot off about him. I really thought he had something about him during his Watford stint.

TheReligion

Abusive
Surely just a matter of time? Everton in a real mess and have spent huge amounts of money in the past few years.

Hephaestus

BBC's reporting that Silva's job is " set to be discussed between major shareholder Farhad Moshiri and other directors." Think that'll be it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Haven't scored in any of the games either.

Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea coming up in next 4 games I think.
It's really disturbing that they are so desperate for it to work with him. The huge post i made a couple of weeks ago in this thread displays all the attributes which he never learns from and he contiuously keeps making the same mistakes but they seem to want Silva to be the guy for us rather than just realise he isn't that good. Even more worrying is that the interim names are Hughes and Moyes. The money being pumped into the club was meant to be the one thing which we needed throughout the whole Moyes period and now we have it we've become a disaster.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
You just know they'll sack him after getting twatted by the dippers and then have a new manager bounce against us the following week.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
BBC's reporting that Silva's job is " set to be discussed between major shareholder Farhad Moshiri and other directors." Think that'll be it.
Moshiri and Bill Kenwright were pictured on MOTD near end of the game sat together. Pretty sure the Gladys were chanting "sacked in the morning" at Silva so the message from fanbase is clear.

If it's not a Monday morning mutual consent I suspect he'll get next weekend's game. Trouble is that's Leicester away. Then it's Liverpool away which would surely finish him off if that lose that heavily.

Can only think Everton don't want ot give any new manager a nightmare run of games to start off their tenure. Over xmas they play Burnley at home and Newcastle away which is better chance of points than what they've got in next 4-5 games.