Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

TheReligion

Abusive
They can't go for Moyes surely? If they want to try and build they need to look elsewhere. Jesus it must be tough being an Everton fan. Basically looking like a carbon copy of seasons gone when they have to change manager mid season to save it then essentially start from scratch again in the summer.

starman

Brighton have just given Potter a extension after only a few months in charge, this is probably down to Everton sniffing about

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
I get Moyes and Hughes but I don't get Eddie Howe, he's a good manager especially with young players, hasn't had the most resources at Bournemouth but has shown he can mix it up. I agree Everton probably needs a top-class Allegri to ensure that they would push on but that's not going to happen. Beside Leiscet have shown that there are still great managers out there who aren't necessarily deemed as A-class bracket

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Gallardo is now favourite to replace him. He would be an excellent appointment. He’s an incredible tactician and gets a lot out of his players. His river side has generally been decent to watch as well. Not sure if Everton would take the risk though.

Was partly expecting him to replace Valverde when he is fired. Think he can do better than Everton, his stock is pretty high right now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gallardo was odds on to go to Barcelona at one point. He would do well there.

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
Imagine spending half a billion, screaming that the power shift is happening, many doing remarkable mental gymnastics to suggest they have the better manager and squad only to somehow assemble a side battling relegation, 29 points behind in early December and getting battered 5-2 by your rival who are resting/missing half the normal starting line-up....

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't see how he'll survive after that now, Liverpool battered them without even having 2 of their first choice attackers on the pitch. I mean has Shaqiri played at all this season?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Got to be signing on at Bootle job centre at 10am tomorrow.

Hopefully he dosen't ask for a hardship payment.

Paul_Scholes18

Should be fired right now. They are just not defending well which is strange. I did always rate Silva as a defensive manager before.

El Zoido

Everton might not want to bring in a new manager with three potentially tough fixtures coming up. It’s a good idea to time a new appointment with “easier” fixtures.

Josep Dowling

I don't see how he'll survive after that now, Liverpool battered them without even having 2 of their first choice attackers on the pitch. I mean has Shaqiri played at all this season?
I think he’s been busy getting a hair transplant.

TheReligion

Abusive
Imagine spending half a billion, screaming that the power shift is happening, many doing remarkable mental gymnastics to suggest they have the better manager and squad only to somehow assemble a side battling relegation, 29 points behind in early December and getting battered 5-2 by your rival who are resting/missing half the normal starting line-up....
To be honest they deserved to lose but were unlucky tonight. Very harsh on them. TAA should have been sent off which would have changed the game and they were denied a stonewall penalty to make it 2-2. VVD would have seen red too.

SAFMUTD

He should be given at least 2 windows, he doesnt have the players to implement his system. He gets the Everton way.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Scoring two goals at Anfield should be enough to secure an Everton manager’s job for the long-term given their piss-poor record there :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Good luck Everton. :lol:

3rd Nov - Tottenham (H) 1-1 draw
9th Nov - Southampton (A) 2-1 win
23rd Nov - Norwich (H) 2-0 loss
1st Dec - Leicester (A) 2-1 loss
4th Dec - Liverpool (A) 5-2 loss

7th Dec - Chelsea (H)
15th Dec - Manchester United (A)
21st Dec - Arsenal (H)
26th Dec - Burnley (H)
28th Dec - Newcastle United (A)
1st Jan - Manchester City (A)
Aye, looking at those fixtures, they'll be fortunate to get 12 points from those.
Almost half way though that fixture list. 4 points currently, not good, they need the new Manager bounce and pronto.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
They aren't better than the teams above them, if they relegate it has to be the most underachieving teams of all time?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I keep seeing Moyes mentioned but that’s a backwards step. Rodgers would be a great fit for them and I bet he’d love to get one over on Liverpool’s owners

Rodgers - there is zero chance of him going there. He’s done fantastically well at Leicester, and wouldn’t even contemplate a conversation with Everton.

If they go for Moyes it shows how low they have sunk, and I think he will take them down. Whatever Moyes may have had (and it wasn’t much) when it comes to tactics/ inspiration and ability to get teams to win has almost completely gone. if Everton actually appoint Moyes it will be a disaster.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Moyes being presented as a temporary option rather than full-time, but I wouldn’t believe that if I was an Everton fan - if he gets his feet back under the table then I think he’s there to stay.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Just seen they’re after Moyes. I know Tottenham have done well recently, but if I was an Everton fan and I saw Spurs getting Mourinho and being linked with Moyes I’d be furious.

Getting a manager who has now constantly failed at top clubs, who has ruined the last three clubs he’s managed, who has constantly wasted millions on washed up players and who plays a dour uninspiring game of football. And then Everton are looking at repeating Spurs’ mistake! Show some imagination FFS.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They aren't better than the teams above them, if they relegate it has to be the most underachieving teams of all time?
As far as best teams to go down go, I think WHU 2003 take some beating.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Yeah, he’s gone - Moyes apparently favourite for temporary charge. Another ex-manager at OT coming-up :rolleyes:

Boneli

The best thing Everton could do is find a way to remove Bill Kenwright and his misty-eyed romanticism from their decision making process. He drags the team backwards - how can they ever move forward when they keep going back to the past - first Rooney, now Moyes and Cahill if the reports are to be believed. How many regimes has Duncan Ferguson sat on the bench as a coach with no perceivable benefit for?