Marcos Llorente

It's a show of increased vision because he's a squad player at his current club with potential who hasn't been playing much, we always get linked to such obvious targets, so it's nice to see someone who you'd think would have needed a bit more scouting and thought.
From the MEN article

United are focusing on players lacking game-time at clubs in the major European leagues with large squads outside the Premier League and Llorente is behind Saul Niguez, Thomas Teye, Koke and Hector Herrera in the Atletico midfield pecking order. Despite his peripheral status, Llorente still emerged in the Supercopa semi-final and final against Barcelona and Real Madrid in Saudi Arabia last week.

Kostur

海尔的老板
According to my extensive Google research it appears that Llorente derives from Lorenzo which in turn is derived from the germanic word for laurel, so it seems apt we name him Mark Laurel
See? That's what I mean. We give him a surname deriving from female name so we can also play him in our women team. That's some progressive visionary thinking, my man.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
According to my extensive Google research it appears that Llorente derives from Lorenzo which in turn is derived from the germanic word for laurel, so it seems apt we name him Mark Laurel
Mark Yanny it is!

Classical Mechanic

It's a show of increased vision because he's a squad player at his current club with potential who hasn't been playing much, we always get linked to such obvious targets, so it's nice to see someone who you'd think would have needed a bit more scouting and thought.
You could have said that about Ceballos too but Arsenal have paid £12m for a guy that has only made 7 starts and 4 sub apps for them in the PL this season. £6m for 2 assists.

Meh, isn't France like England anyway?
Probably more than some people realise. The 3 Lions sigil came from the Normans!

Everybody is flopping at Atletico this season. He would cleary be an automatic upgrade to our squad and would almost immediately get into the starting 11.
Sounds a bit OTT they're only on for 6 points less in the league this season than last as it stands. This guy hasn't really been playing either.

Infra-red

From limited viewings, he's very capable in the holding role in a 4-3-3, but has struggled to adapt to playing in the double-pivot at Atletico (mostly because he's not dynamic enough and doesn't really contribute going forwards).

Could definitely do a job anchoring the midfield for us, though.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
From limited viewings, he's very capable in the holding role in a 4-3-3, but has struggled to adapt to playing in the double-pivot at Atletico (mostly because he's not dynamic enough and doesn't really contribute going forwards).

Could definitely do a job anchoring the midfield for us, though.
Pogba-------Bruno
--------Llorente-----

or Maddison/Grealish once Pogba goes.

pascell

MEN probably putting two and two together with the photo of Woodward on the train to Paris and that a member of the A Madrid team were also there.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sounds a bit OTT they're only on for 6 points less in the league this season than last as it stands. This guy hasn't really been playing either.
He's competing with Thomas for the same spot, who is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world at the moment. Not really a strong indicator tbh.

Infra-red

MEN probably putting two and two together with the photo of Woodward on the train to Paris and that a member of the A Madrid team were also there.
Maybe. Although the mention of Llorente seems specific and obscure enough to perhaps have something in it. If you were looking to fabricate some United/Atletico nonsense for clicks, you'd probably pick a different player.

JoaquinJoaquin

As a guy who watches every Atletico game and has seen Llorente play in person, I just can't see him working out at United. He has been sluggish with Atleti, so playing in the Premier League could expose him even further. He is pretty good at breaking up play, but if truth be told he isn't as good as Fred and if we sign Bruno then I just can't see where he would play. Possibly rotating with Matic, but I could easily see him ending up as a Suarez type loan.

flappyjay

As a guy who watches every Atletico game and has seen Llorente play in person, I just can't see him working out at United. He has been sluggish with Atleti, so playing in the Premier League could expose him even further. He is pretty good at breaking up play, but if truth be told he isn't as good as Fred and if we sign Bruno then I just can't see where he would play. Possibly rotating with Matic, but I could easily see him ending up as a Suarez type loan.
I think he is coming in as cover for the midfield positions. Until Pogba and mctominay come back we only have Matic and Fred as only viable cm options.

Sea-Cow

Sounds a bit more inspiring than Emre Can or Sean Longstaff
Agree on Longstaff. Disagree on Can.

I thought Can was annoyingly good when he was at Pool. He is a decent age, hasn't been playing much, and has experience in the league. I think he could easily step in and be a boost to the squad.

Okey

Not a bad loan option as midfield cover. But if Soumare is available, why would a club with our clout be wasting time on this loan rather than buy a potential world beater who could give us the better part of a decade's service? Playing the percentages to this extreme won't ever get us back where we aim to be.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Some time ago I thought he might have been a good option for United, in a supposed exchange of "cheap" players with Madrid.
I think he chose Atlético to stay in Madrid. His lack of minutes causes jokes among madridistas.
Situation he surely did not expect. In addition to the fact that Thomas Partey has exploded, I have read on some occasion that Simeone is quite strict in terms of hierarchies with newcomers. When he had minutes, both in Madrid and Atlético I liked him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Some time ago I thought he might have been a good option for United, in a supposed exchange of "cheap" players with Madrid.
I think he chose Atlético to stay in Madrid. His lack of minutes causes jokes among madridistas.
Situation he surely did not expect. In addition to the fact that Thomas Partey has exploded, I have read on some occasion that Simeone is quite strict in terms of hierarchies with newcomers. When he had minutes, both in Madrid and Atlético I liked him.
I still find it crazy that Atleti paid around €30m for a guy who wasn't massively needed when they had much more pressing issues in the squad. Considering the cash flow isn't so strong at the club it was just a pretty bizarre move.

Jibbs

Why can't we simply activate buyout clause of Thomas Partey?

izec

Not a bad loan option as midfield cover. But if Soumare is available, why would a club with our clout be wasting time on this loan rather than buy a potential world beater who could give us the better part of a decade's service? Playing the percentages to this extreme won't ever get us back where we aim to be.
Because we dont want to spend over 100m in January.If you can do a smart deal, why not

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I still find it crazy that Atleti paid around €30m for a guy who wasn't massively needed when they had much more pressing issues in the squad. Considering the cash flow isn't so strong at the club it was just a pretty bizarre move.
Yes, too much money. In fact I read that it could be even more. About 40 million. At that time I thought they would sell Saúl

0le

Yes this was my first thought.

Very random player to select if its made up, hardly one that'll generate tons of clicks really.
It just needs the club name to generate clicks, not necessarily the how well known the player is, although the latter helps.

fps

That adds £10m to the transfer but Ole will like it more.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can understand the desire to get midfield cover in now and I can also understand the desire to wait until summer to buy another big money midfielder, especially if we think the Pogba situation may alter our plans.

On that basis, this probably-made-up-bullshit deal makes some sense to me. Hardly something to complain about if it happens, which it probably won't.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The planning, recruitment at United has been so bad since Sir Alex, and Gill left we are here trying to justify loan deals and purchases of other teams flops. This at one of the best supported and richest clubs in the world. We should be choosing the best talent in the world and those talents should be drooling to play for this club. Sad really what has become of our club.

Okey

Because we dont want to spend over 100m in January.If you can do a smart deal, why not
Not wanting to spend what is eminently necessary and looking for 'smart deals' off other team's rejects is exactly the kind of percentage playing I said won't ever get us back to the top. It doesn't matter if it's January or June if the deal is right and doable.