Marcos Llorente

Lee565

Current bench warmer but so was alderweireld for Atletico before being loaned to Southampton and look how he turned out.

croadyman

I personally think with a loan deal it's very low risk and we certainly lack numbers in the centre of midfield. Have we heard any journo other than Luckhurst mention him yet.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The planning, recruitment at United has been so bad since Sir Alex, and Gill left we are here trying to justify loan deals and purchases of other teams flops. This at one of the best supported and richest clubs in the world. We should be choosing the best talent in the world and those talents should be drooling to play for this club. Sad really what has become of our club.
Your talking nonsense tbh and moaning for moaning sake. The Sir Alex and David Gill you speak of has done the same thing, Henrik Larsson and Carlos Tevez were brought in on loan for a start. It’s a part of football.

NoPace

I know Madrid fans liked him but Casemiro was obviously not going to be dropped as they kept winning champions league.

Remember being a big fan of him for U-21 Spain, looked more athletic than the usual Spanish DMs (though atleti watchers here say he's slow now?).

Would actually be cautiously optimistic about our midfield if we got him and do sign a #10 to go with Pogba, Fred and McTominay as the main 5 for 3 spots for the rest of the year. Ideally we'd have an option to buy this summer if he does well and Pogba goes and we want to spend 30-40 of the fee on him and the rest on a creative type.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Your talking nonsense tbh and moaning for moaning sake. The Sir Alex and David Gill you speak of has done the same thing, Henrik Larsson and Carlos Tevez were brought in on loan for a start. It’s a part of football.
Where have I said loan deals are not an option for a club?

Anyway, you're not seriously comparing Larsson and Tevez loans with Llorente who can hardly get a game at both Madrid clubs? Besides, Tevez would have been purchased outright had there not been an issue with his ownership.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Anyway, you're not seriously comparing Larsson and Tevez loans with Llorente who can hardly get a game at both Madrid clubs? Besides, Tevez would have been purchased outright had there not been an issue with his ownership.
Well of course, you didn’t say ‘loan deals are not an option for us’, you simply said that it is a reflection of the club that we are now trying to justify loan deals. Given our injury situation and the fact that top players are rarely available in January, a loan deal makes sense now.

And I’m comparing loan deals, not loaned players. The principle is the same of having a short term need and borrowing a player for cover.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

‘What about Chicharito, Bebe, Obertan, the finish Owen and even Valencia from Wigan. Not exactly the best talent, it’s always like this ever since we sold Ronaldo.

Tony247

We can't have all starting 11 in 20 odd member squad. We need strong back ups to fight in all competitions. So we should still consider if a player is a good backup, while we are searching for best option out there.

Jibbs

Herrera lite, with less of his nasty steak and can do attitude, good at intercepting plays but kinda lazy, doesn't provide much in terms of passing vision.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Could use Kovacic as it would also be a similar situation.
Nobody knows how it would turn out but its pretty obvious what they are trying to say.

They obviously mean, they feel it would be a pointless loan, he would probably come in now (January), hardly play and then leave in June, just like Denis Suarez did at Arsenal last year.
The fact that they are both Spanish midfielders and would be being loaned in from a big Spanish club makes it an even more obvious comparison.

How is a Croatian midfielder that Chelsea got in a summer move and then ended up buying permanently a similar/better example?

Thiagoal

‘What about Chicharito, Bebe, Obertan, the finish Owen and even Valencia from Wigan. Not exactly the best talent, it’s always like this ever since we sold Ronaldo.
Ronaldo was bought from Lisbon, Tevez from West Ham and Rooney from some team called Everton! Good players can come from any club in the world!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nobody knows how it would turn out but its pretty obvious what they are trying to say.

They obviously mean, they feel it would be a pointless loan, he would probably come in now (January), hardly play and then leave in June, just like Denis Suarez did at Arsenal last year.
The fact that they are both Spanish midfielders and would be being loaned in from a big Spanish club makes it an even more obvious comparison.

How is a Croatian midfielder that Chelsea got in a summer move and then ended up buying permanently a similar/better example?
The comparison on Suarez is lazy. It's pretty much the same thing with Kovacic, hardly play and left Real on loan, players can't get a game so they decide to leave on loan with potential for permanent signing, if they do well then the clause is activated. I don't know why "January" and being Spanish are matter for it.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
The comparison on Suarez is lazy. It's pretty much the same thing with Kovacic, hardly play and left Real on loan, players can't get a game so they decide to leave on loan with potential for permanent signing, if they do well then the clause is activated. I don't know why "January" and being Spanish are matter for it.
Because they are two more things that the Llorente and Suarez transfers would have in common when compared to your supposedly similar example, Kovavic.

My point being, it was a perfectly logical comparison, you're the one who took a random issue with it and then threw out an example that has less similarities.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Because they are two more things that the Llorente and Suarez transfers would have in common when compared to your supposedly similar example, Kovavic.

My point being, it was a perfectly logical comparison, you're the one who took a random issue with it and then threw out an example that has less similarities.
Again why does it matter being Spanish and move in January? Can you answer this?

Because those two factors don't make Suarez failed in Arsenal. You can be Italian, and still have chance to fail. You can be another Spanish and still have chance to success in loan deal. You can go in January or Summer and still have chance to either success or fail.

Two players with different style of play, Suarez's style just doesn't suit with Arsenal & EPL, doesn't mean Llorente's style won't work on EPL.

Bondi77

I can remember not so long ago when Tielemans was superb at Anderlect and then fell out of favour at Monaco and was loaned out to Leicester and he took to the Premier League so it can happen.
These deals or any type of transfer is a lottery anyway so if you can get a good player in and sample the goods without committing to a big outlay then it has to make sense.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Again why does it matter being Spanish and move in January? Can you answer this?

Because those two factors don't make Suarez failed in Arsenal. You can be Italian, and still have chance to fail. You can be another Spanish and still have chance to success in loan deal. You can go in January or Summer and still have chance to either success or fail.

Two players with different style of play, Suarez's style just doesn't suit with Arsenal & EPL, doesn't mean Llorente's style won't work on EPL.

Please tell me you're joking, I literally just answered your question in my previous post.

Look, you obviously don't understand the point the original poster (Frank Drebin) was trying to make or what I'm trying to say either, so just forget about it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Please tell me you're joking, I literally just answered your question in my previous post.

Look, you obviously don't understand the point the original poster (Frank Drebin) was trying to make or what I'm trying to say either, so just forget about it.
What? You answered nothing. No logic behind it how did Denis Suarez struggle in EPL just because he's being Spanish and being transferred as January on loan? Answer this?

It doesn't matter whether he's Spanish or no or whether he's going on loan in January. What matter is that his playing style doesn't suit EPL & Arsenal.

Llorente played different style to Denis, there is no logic to say he will struggle just like Denis. Two players play different role & style. Such a lazy and non logic comparison to made just because both players are Spanish and midfielder. I obviously don't understand people who don't speak logic.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
What? You answered nothing. No logic behind it how did Denis Suarez struggle in EPL just because he's being Spanish and being transferred as January on loan? Answer this?

It doesn't matter whether he's Spanish or no or whether he's going on loan in January. What matter is that his playing style doesn't suit EPL & Arsenal.

Llorente played different style to Denis, there is no logic to say he will struggle just like Denis. Two players play different role & style. Such a lazy and non logic comparison to made just because both players are Spanish and midfielder. I obviously don't understand people who don't speak logic.
Word of advice, you might want to check your own grammar before you start taking the intellectual high ground.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba-------Bruno
--------Llorente-----

or Maddison/Grealish once Pogba goes.
We'd concede 50 goals a season with that midfield. Baffles me how little people on here seem to grasp what a midfield actually does.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Word of advice, you might want to check your own grammar before you start taking the intellectual high ground.
My grammar doesn't matter. If you are going to reply I expect you to answer my question, don't talk about something that is not related to the thread.

poleglass red

I plead ignorance on this lad, never seen him play, honestly never even heard of him. One question to those that have seen him, is he physical. If he is, that might be one reason he may be being considered. Apart from McTom we lack bite in central mid particularly in defensive third. To me McTom is more use higher up the pitch with his driving runs. Fred has got better but he's not physical or strong enough in the tackle. If/when we bring in Fernandes, we will need that defensive cover and bite to protect backline. Could be a useful option to close out season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I plead ignorance on this lad, never seen him play, honestly never even heard of him. One question to those that have seen him, is he physical. If he is, that might be one reason he may be being considered. Apart from McTom we lack bite in central mid particularly in defensive third. To me McTom is more use higher up the pitch with his driving runs. Fred has got better but he's not physical or strong enough in the tackle. If/when we bring in Fernandes, we will need that defensive cover and bite to protect backline. Could be a useful option to close out season.
From what I've heard and the little I've seen he's aggressive and loves a tackle.

NoPace

They're at opposite ends of the Spanish midfielder spectrum for sure. Suarez is a subpar athlete but clever AM (not a good fit for the Prem generally) and Llorente is a DM without those limitations who might not set the world on fire but should be a solid contributor.

Llorente would be in the Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin/Matic group of Carrick replacement types we've bought. The idea would be he'd come here to hold things down and leave Fred free to run around and chase like a Fletcher type, and a 3rd fella (Pogba/Bruno/Bellingham/Olmo/Bobby Charlton in a mecha) provides the creativity, goals and assists with that strong background behind him.

croadyman

Personally I think this kind of deal is very low risk because if it doesn't work out then you just decide not to sign him on a permanent basis and also cannot imagine that he would demand crazy wages either so for me it's an absolute no brainer. You have to remember there is some serious talent in that Atletico midfield and it's not surprising that he has found it difficult to break into the team.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Bondi77

I had a look at him on YouTube and he was very impressive at Alavés and reading comments from the Real fans, they were salivating about his return