Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

Thing is, a lot of players in the squad are underperforming. You can see they're short of confidence or playing against instinct and making mistakes. But when I look at him I don't feel like there's more to come, he's just shit
He's never a left back and isn't good enough to start at centre back. However like all players to get the best of them they need a run of games in their BEST position.

After his transfer dealings this is my biggest gripe with LvG. Rojo, Blind, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Mata and Lingard have all been played out of position.

montpelier

If this guy is going to look like a CB playing at LB could he not at least look like he is actually a CB. What is his actual preferred 1st choice position?

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Hate him! Absolutely hate him!

A disgrace to Patrice and Denis!
What is this Giggs obsession of having players applauding the fans after yet another shit performance where the fans felt cheated by these overpaid bunch of idiots? Is that how he kept his wife at bay for years?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
What is this Giggs obsession of having players applauding the fans after yet another shit performance where the fans felt cheated by these overpaid bunch of idiots? Is that how he kept his wife at bay for years?
No idea but, I bet he's feeling the cold now since Fergie and pals have gone quiet on him. Fergie has a new pet he loves to talk about and take to lunch

devilish

No idea but, I bet he's feeling the cold now since Fergie and pals have gone quiet on him. Fergie has a new pet he loves to talk about and take to lunch
I don't like Rojo. I think he's a waste of money but he's right on this one. This constant going over to the fans after yet another gutless performance is pathetic. There's a limit to how much the fans can be taken for a ride.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
I don't get how every player gets benched as soon as they make a single mistake, and yet Rojo keeps on getting picked and rarely subbed. It's like he has the same undroppable status in the squad as Rooney, or something.
It's shocking, isn't it? As someone mentioned above, Rojo is one of LVG's recruits, so he gets a pass. Cameron or Fosu-Mensah should be playing in his spot. If either of them had performed like Rojo, they would be frozen out.

devilish

It's shocking, isn't it? As someone mentioned above, Rojo is one of LVG's recruits, so he gets a pass. Cameron or Fosu-Mensah should be playing in his spot. If either of them had performed like Rojo, they would be frozen out.
with all due respect but you can probably play in his spot and do a better job in that. He's shit. The only one who would probably do worse is Mcnair.

Sparky Rhiwabon

with all due respect but you can probably play in his spot and do a better job in that. He's shit. The only one who would probably do worse is Mcnair.
I think Blackett would give him a run for his money as well.

But, as to my question - what are Rojo's strengths? A player doesn't get to be a regular for Manchester United and Argentina without having some real strengths

The_Midfielder

He is poor offensively. . Once in 12 matches.. he has a good cross.. rash defensively. . Would have been better to have CBJ play the last few games

Kag

Rojo gets a hard time. He's very obviously playing out of position and it shows. Whether it be going forward or back the way, he struggles out wide.

He's a lot better at centre half and it's fair to say he's never had a proper crack of the whip in that position.

Unless we're planning on pushing through the likes of Fosu-Mensah, Williams and Tuanzebe into proper first team players (which I wouldn't mind at all) we'd be best off keeping Rojo for cover.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's not better at center half. Poor positioning, rash and tends to give the ball away in dangerous areas because he fancies himself as a passer when in fact he's quite shit at that as well.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Rojo gets a hard time. He's very obviously playing out of position and it shows. Whether it be going forward or back the way, he struggles out wide.

He's a lot better at centre half and it's fair to say he's never had a proper crack of the whip in that position.

Unless we're planning on pushing through the likes of Fosu-Mensah, Williams and Tuanzebe into proper first team players (which I wouldn't mind at all) we'd be best off keeping Rojo for cover.
And CBJ

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He is poor offensively. . Once in 12 matches.. he has a good cross.. rash defensively. . Would have been better to have CBJ play the last few games
He has plenty of good crosses. United are just awful in offence, simply awful. No more than 2 players inside the box at a time and the build-up is so slow that when he manages to get into a crossing position the opposition has 5-6 players inside the box ready to head the ball away.

United is probably the worst team in the league in the air. Our biggest players can head the ball away but Smalling and Fellaini are poor inside the opposition box. Unless you pass exactly where Fellaini is he won't do anything and Smalling is just not good at heading the ball.

Rojo's mistakes have been highlighted more than anyone's and it doesn't help that people think that "all Argentinians playing for United are rubbish" hoodoo that people believe. We've had to deal with ridiculous injuries in defense as you well know and our left half has been filled with makeshift players. Both Blind and Rojo have had to fill in a position that isn't their strongest and overall have done well as a unit. Our main culprits have been our attackers but like the defense they've also been shifted all over the place in numerous formations.

I'm not gonna get on the Rojo hate train because he's been no worse than Rooney, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Carrick...basically everyone's been worse overall than Smalling, Blind, De Gea and Martial. That's the state of our team at the moment and I'm going to reserve my judgement until a new managers deals with the players. If he cuts anyone of them I won't go mental but it won't be surprising if he doesn't either.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He has plenty of good crosses. United are just awful in offence, simply awful. No more than 2 players inside the box at a time and the build-up is so slow that when he manages to get into a crossing position the opposition has 5-6 players inside the box ready to head the ball away.

United is probably the worst team in the league in the air. Our biggest players can head the ball away but Smalling and Fellaini are poor inside the opposition box. Unless you pass exactly where Fellaini is he won't do anything and Smalling is just not good at heading the ball.

Rojo's mistakes have been highlighted more than anyone's and it doesn't help that people think that "all Argentinians playing for United are rubbish" hoodoo that people believe. We've had to deal with ridiculous injuries in defense as you well know and our left half has been filled with makeshift players. Both Blind and Rojo have had to fill in a position that isn't their strongest and overall have done well as a unit. Our main culprits have been our attackers but like the defense they've also been shifted all over the place in numerous formations.

I'm not gonna get on the Rojo hate train because he's been no worse than Rooney, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Carrick...basically everyone's been worse overall than Smalling, Blind, De Gea and Martial. That's the state of our team at the moment and I'm going to reserve my judgement until a new managers deals with the players. If he cuts anyone of them I won't go mental but it won't be surprising if he doesn't either.
I thought that both Tevez and Heinze were pretty good

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans

He is a garbage centre back and simply a catastrophic left back. There are very few - if any - defenders worse than him in the league. He just cannot defend, he's positionally appalling and makes Phil Jones look as calm as Rio Ferdinand. But this was all part of the philosophy apparently:

"I played him in the World Cup against Argentina, so I had to analyse Argentina," he said.

"[From] that video I was already enchanted about him because my philosophy is you have to buy players who fit in the profile, and I think Marcos fits in the profile as a left central defender but also as a left wing back.

"He played a fantastic World Cup, so I am very pleased."
Our great LvG with a keen eye for talent as always. We can add that to his many other managerial skills.

Kag

He is a garbage centre back and simply a catastrophic left back. There are very few - if any - defenders worse than him in the league. He just cannot defend, he's positionally appalling and makes Phil Jones look as calm as Rio Ferdinand.
See, he's really not that bad. He had good games at centre half last season and was doing well until he got an injury that more or less ended his season.

This season he must have played about three games in his proper position. He's no world beater, but he's a lot better than you describe.

tomaldinho1

See, he's really not that bad. He had good games at centre half last season and was doing well until he got an injury that more or less ended his season.

This season he must have played about three games in his proper position. He's no world beater, but he's a lot better than you describe.
Sorry but he is really, really poor. He just seems so 'meh' at everything. Almost like a teenager in a man's body. Tactically inept, average in the air, average pace but puts himself about so people think 'at least he is trying'.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Some poster said a few days ago that Rojo'd even get skinned by Stephen Hawking. It really sums him up.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Not this season he looks like he's been playing for a move. He's been awful and every time he gets the ball he is 50/50 to lose possession. Truly aweful buy.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm actually a bit surprised about how underwhelming he's been. Maybe it's LvG, because I really don't think Rojo is that bad.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
That is why these kind of stats are bullshit and shouldn't be used as a defense for anyone.

How this guy got in ahead of CBJ is beyond me. fecking LVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.