Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
That is why these kind of stats are bullshit and shouldn't be used as a defense for anyone.

How this guy got in ahead of CBJ is beyond me. fecking LVG.
It really is inexplicable. My view may be colored by my irrational dislike for Rojo, but I have no idea why someone who prides himself on bringing through youth would ever pick a journeyman like Rojo over a young, local talent like CBJ.

marlowe78

On form, he in no way deserves to start. Maybe the bench because of TFM's injury, that is all. Has been shocking the last few games and might be another player that LVG has fallen out with.

Fer

Even they play different positions. Rojo is in the squad to play Copa America, but Dybala is not selected :confused:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Even they play different positions. Rojo is in the squad to play Copa America, but Dybala is not selected :confused:
What other fullback options do Argentina have? Much easier task to make it at fullback there than to try and get into an attack that features Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, etc. Maybe should have been ahead of Lavezzi and Gaitan, mind.

Fer

What other fullback options do Argentina have? Much easier task to make it at fullback there than to try and get into an attack that features Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, etc. Maybe should have been ahead of Lavezzi and Gaitan, mind.
You are right. I forgot that Rojo plays as left back for Argentina. I was thinking as CB when they have Funes Mori, Otamendi, Roncaglia, Garay, etc. However, Dybala could have been in the squad instead of Lamela or Lavezzi.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
You are right. I forgot that Rojo plays as left back for Argentina. I was thinking as CB when they have Funes Mori, Otamendi, Roncaglia, Garay, etc. However, Dybala could have been in the squad instead of Lamela or Lavezzi.
Aye, there's definitely room for Dybala, but at the moment Rojo basically gets a free pass. I mean the only other LB I can even think of is Jonathan Silva at SCP, who'd brilliant on Football Manager but probably not good enough/ready in real life.

TypeR

Battle of the brains, or lack thereof, down his side of the pitch. Rojo against Zaha, two meat heads who gym a lot and just happens to kick a ball really well.

Yet another positionally shit game from him. It's course for the norm now whenever Rojo plays. Always going after the ball and leaving your damn position.

Sylar

Unless CBJ was injured, he was very very unlucky to miss out to Rojo at LB. Still failing to see what his attributes are.

The United

The guy might be not up to standard. But, i like him for his passion for United. Even Shaw said so.

Djemba-Djemba

Not a nice thought but I have to admit once it was obvious he'd not been seriously hurt, broken leg or anything, I was glad he had to go off.

Fashionable to hate him but he was absolutely fine today. He was supporting Martial well on the left. Not our best ever left back but today he played well.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Mourinho is great at developing defensive players - hopefully he can make something useful out of Rojo or its curtains for him. He's been utterly wank this season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
For me he's potentially really useful with his ability to play two positions, problem is he's never fit when needed. He's a back up's back up, 3rd choice at left back for me behind Shaw and CBJ, and maybe just about back up at CB.

C'est Moi Cantona

Seriously what were we thinking signing this player, a third part legal tangle, £16 million, and Nani's wages for a year, for what? A bang average player that will no be a pain in the neck to move on.

I'm just glad we have a manager now that won't sign a player just because he looked quite good for a couple of games during an international tournament.

Bwuk

I thought he'd be a great CB for us, but he's hopeless.

Wouldn't miss him.

prath92

Seriously what were we thinking signing this player, a third part legal tangle, £16 million, and Nani's wages for a year, for what? A bang average player that will no be a pain in the neck to move on.
Like SAF and mourinho have had no failures.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
IIRC Van Gaal's only justification for wanting him was that he is left footed and could play some short passes.

Atleast we didn't get Vermalaen.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
#rojoisshit

Always was, I don't really know what people were expecting from him never was good enough for us and never will be

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is a decent player and not worse than our other defenders bar Blind. I am not counting Shaw as we have barely seen him at United.

He is also a starter for a team which has reached 3 finals in 3 years. really good for such a useless player if you believe the Caf.

AndyJ1985

He's not where close to being worst player I've seen at United, but there's nothing particularly great about him either. Hope he moves on and enjoys the rest of his career elsewhere.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is a decent player and not worse than our other defenders bar Blind. I am not counting Shaw as we have barely seen him at United.

He is also a starter for a team which has reached 3 finals in 3 years. really good for such a useless player if you believe the Caf.
Smalling is far, far better than him. Jones is probably better too, but he doesn't count cause he's always injured.

united_99

Smalling is far, far better than him. Jones is probably better too, but he doesn't count cause he's always injured.
Smalling is very overrated on the Caf, and I have given up all hope on Jones.

Revan

Assumptionman
Smalling is very overrated on the Caf, and I have given up all hope on Jones.
Smalling is very overrated here, but he is still far better than Rojo. Rojo just isn't that good, while Smalling is a good player.

I would say that from our CBs, Smalling and Blind are around the same level, Jones a level below them, with Rojo a level below Jones. No idea about Baily.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Rojo is horrendous. Been terrible since day 1 and looks horribly out of position no matter where he plays. Positionaly awful, sloppy passing, shite going forward, reckless and just completely shite all round.

Seems a nice guy though.

Stadjer

That team also has the most talented player in the world, Aguero, di Maria, Pastore, Higuain and more.

Not very good players can reach a lot in a great team. Valdes wasnt the best keeper in the world but did win everything multiple times.

united_99

That team also has the most talented player in the world, Aguero, di Maria, Pastore, Higuain and more.

Not very good players can reach a lot in a great team. Valdes wasnt the best keeper in the world but did win everything multiple times.
Still it was mainly their defence which put them through to the WC final.

bucky

Rojo is horrendous. Been terrible since day 1 and looks horribly out of position no matter where he plays. Positionaly awful, sloppy passing, shite going forward, reckless and just completely shite all round.

Seems a nice guy though.
:lol: nice ending to that post.

C'est Moi Cantona

Like SAF and mourinho have had no failures.
Not sure I said they didn't, just that Rojo was seemingly bought on a whim and was a complicated deal at that, but yes of course you are correct Fergie and Mourinho were/are not foot perfect in the transfer market, what was I thinking for not making that clear in my post.

criticalanalysis

Still it was mainly their defence which put them through to the WC final.
Didn't they play with wing backs or with very defensive midfielders?

It's why players like Darmian (for his tactical nous and ability to overlap) and Moreno (good going forward) can thrive and look very good in a 5 man defence set up. Random examples as there are more but my mind is blank lol.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Didn't they play with wing backs or with very defensive midfielders?

It's why players like Darmian (for his tactical nous and ability to overlap) and Moreno (good going forward) can thrive and look very good in a 5 man defence set up. Random examples as there are more but my mind is blank lol.
Moreno looks bad defensively in every setup. Darmian is a much better defender. Different class going forward.

criticalanalysis

^Haven't seen much of him at Liverpool but I think he has good technique and energy but definitely a bit clueless defending. However, you can mostly get away with that in a wing back position as long as you do the basics ok, which I'm sure even someone like him and Rojo can do (just track runners, help your centre backs and make yourself as an option on the ball).

MounchesterUtd

Won't be surprised with him staying and at least 35 combined apps over the four competitions. Mou loves these temperamental, hard nosed defenders. Could see the 2 starting CB spots be a toss up between Smalling, him, and Bailly, with Mike having a small advantage.

Ideally, Blind should be thee, but I don't think Mou will see him as a defender, unless it's cover for the full back position.

Status
Not open for further replies.