Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I actually thought he was decent at CB last season. But he is terrible on the left. Slow, not a good passer and although is capable of a good cross - he's got maybe 2 in all season.

He also seems like he doesn't want to be here either. No disrespect, we should stay away from Argentinians except for Messi.

Devil may care

By far the worst player on the pitch, time and again he wasted good openings that Martial and Rashford worked him into. I can't see him making it past the summer.

kundalini

I thought he was ok today. Much better than his previous two performances. Apart from the City home game, and the cross for Herrera's goal at Everton, it is hard to think of many games in which Rojo has looked decent at left-back.

He is very lucky to be getting starts right now.

Woodzy

Probably my least favourite United player.

He never completes a game. Either gets subbed off because he is injured or subbed off because he is shit.

And considering LVG does not like players to play on instinct, that's all that Rojo actually does. And unfortunately he just happens to be instinctively shit.

Djemba-Djemba

It feels like because he's not a high profile member of the team, he's sort of gotten away with having a fecking terrible season.

He's been woeful.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I made up my mind not to judge the players too much this season given the poor instructions they are clearly been given however I'd be glad to see the back of this one. Never convinced me once that he can handle a player running at him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He did some good defensive things today, but as a full back, where he's expected to contribute in attack and defence, it's pretty much like playing with 10 men.

I still think he is a more than adequate defender, but I don't understand why he always starts at LB. Blind would offer a whole lot more there. Even Darmian or Young would too. TFM definitely would. What happened to Riley? He did well there. CBJ too. Bleedin' hell we've fielded a pissload of left backs this season.

Sylar

Needs to be a CB or not play at all.
This. And even at CB im not so sure of him but at least there, he can just sit with Smalling and defend. Hes garbage as a LB. I really cant wait until Shaw is back.

khoazany

I still think he is a more than adequate defender, but I don't understand why he always starts at LB. Blind would offer a whole lot more there. Even Darmian or Young would too. TFM definitely would. What happened to Riley? He did well there. CBJ too. Bleedin' hell we've fielded a pissload of left backs this season.
Still did very well for the U21s every time he played but too down the pecking order to be considered for the first team now that almost everyone's back.

If it's based sorely on merit Rojo should be around 5th choice for the LB position.Almost every other players who are played at LB this season shown more than him.It's not just about form.He just doesn't have enough attributes especially offensive to play in this role.

I might be too harsh on him but I really hate those senior players who played ahead of the younger players just because of their seniority and/or because they were bought by the manager.Make no sense both short-term and long-term.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I like him but he has been dreadful this season. Hopefully it is a blip, he isn't old and was good last season here. Seems like he's had some issues in general and he's been fecking piss bad as a left back.

NK86

Still did very well for the U21s every time he played but too down the pecking order to be considered for the first team now that almost everyone's back.

If it's based sorely on merit Rojo should be around 5th choice for the LB position.Almost every other players who are played at LB this season shown more than him.It's not just about form.He just doesn't have enough attributes especially offensive to play in this role.

I might be too harsh on him but I really hate those senior players who played ahead of the younger players just because of their seniority and/or because they were bought by the manager.Make no sense both short-term and long-term.
Is CBJ still injured? Else it makes no sense for him to not come straight back into the set up.

khoazany

Is CBJ still injured? Else it makes no sense for him to not come straight back into the set up.
He's been fit for 2-3 weeks.Due to his illness they are easing him in but really he should have come back into the picture by now.

kundalini

If it's based sorely on merit Rojo should be around 5th choice for the LB position. Almost every other players who are played at LB this season shown more than him. It's not just about form.He just doesn't have enough attributes especially offensive to play in this role.

I might be too harsh on him but I really hate those senior players who played ahead of the younger players just because of their seniority and/or because they were bought by the manager. Make no sense both short-term and long-term.
Daley Blind is weak in the air. To compensate for his vulnerability, LVG tries to include some players who are above average in the air. So far, CBJ doesn't appear to be able to translate his height into actually winning a similar percentage of aerial duals as Darmian or Rojo. As to how Rojo makes the team when he failed to even compete with Alderweireld for Spurs' 2nd goal is beyond me but a quick look at Squawka's stats, does indicate that ability in the air is the one area in which CBJ and Varela appear uncompetitive with the other options for full-back.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is shit, we just have to accept that, for me Smalling's reaction is disappointing.

Classical Mechanic

Are you in the wrong thread? Smalling is the one who fell over his own feet and scored an own goal.

Rojo was alright today.
Rojo decided to leave Delefelou in acres of space to go to Lukaku when Smalling was marking him. Delefelou got the ball in acres of space and put the cross in. Yes Smalling's lack of ability on the ball cost us as he tried to go with his strong foot but Rojo caused the whole situation.

TypeR

Is there a defender who is less of a defender than him? Terrible all season. Always leaves his man in acres of space, always out of position. Can't remember the last time he made a proper tackle. Need to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.