Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dir Wangem

I don't understand why he's so popular in here. Last night he committed his THIRD straight red card offense in the span of about 5 months. It's a miracle that he hasn't been banned already. Jumping in with both studs showing and stamping on players is not "passion". It's thuggish and stupid as feck. Not to mention, it's going to cost us games and points in the future. The cherry on top is that these tackles don't even serve a tactical purpose. They're not stopping counter-attacks or shots from dangerous positions. They're just isolated incidents where he loses his head.

Rojo has to be the luckiest defender I've ever seen. All his mistakes seem to go unpunished. Not just his tackles. He'll get dribbled or outpaced leading to a big chance for the opponent, only for the opponent to miss. Had one or two of these mistakes been punished along with just one of his many red card tackles, then no one here would have rated him.

I will never dislike a United player as long does his best. In that respect I have nothing against Rojo. But I don't want to see him in our starting XI before he learns how to tackle and control his temper. He should also work on his positioning, as he's not quick enough to be caught a yard off guard.

Ixion

Ahh I noticed that stamp at the time but they didnt replay it and I switched the game straight off after. Yeah that's an incoming ban. He's a bit thick.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just echoing @Dir Wangem really. He's so popular here but he's a huge liability. Should have 3 red cards this season. Got away with 2, shouldn't get away with this one.

This all comes when he's supposedly been our best CB, or part of the best CB pairing we've had over the last few years. He is a mistake waiting to happen every game he plays.

Smudge

Search invisible stairs dance on youtube.

Intentional as he clearly could have done that :rolleyes:

(Cant embed due to not enough likes)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'd be amazed if he didn't get banned, looks to be a definite deliberate stamp to me.

I don't get this guy, he's brilliant half times and a total headcase the rest of it. He went in two footed earlier in the season and was very fortunate to avoid a red card. A couple of games later and he does the exact same thing (and amazingly got away with it again). This past week we've seen the most talked-about suspension of the season for a stamp by Mings, and yet Rojo puts the boot in on someone almost the very next game. I'm really surprised he hasn't got himself a reputation yet either.
No different to Scholes who is a legend. People just need to give the guy a break. It's quite laughable really when you consider players like Smalling for whom some people have a meltdown whenever any criticism is directed against him. Rojo did really well last night and showed grit and commitment. Only he, Tony V and Ashley Young seemed really up for it. Some fans just can't get over their dislike for him and accept that he's been one of our better players this season. Hope he continues to prove them all wrong. Another great game last night. It's not the worst stamp in the world and Costa's got away with a lot worse in the past.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Just echoing @Dir Wangem really. He's so popular here but he's a huge liability. Should have 3 red cards this season. Got away with 2, shouldn't get away with this one.

This all comes when he's supposedly been our best CB, or part of the best CB pairing we've had over the last few years. He is a mistake waiting to happen every game he plays.
You could post this in the Bailly thread and it would be more true.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
He has an Average rating of 5.9 this season but I really want to know his rating as a cb vs being a lb

It has be at least 6.5 as a cb

Bubz27

You could post this in the Bailly thread and it would be more true.
What are the three incidents where Bailly should've been sent off?

Because that's a very big part of my post.

If Bailly is still as rocky as he's been over the last month or so, in 3 years time, then he'll compare to Rojo.

Ban

No he isn't but you're going to stick with that opinion forever I bet.

Bubz27

No he isn't but you're going to stick with that opinion forever I bet.
As long as he keeps making mistakes, then yes I will.

And mistakes dont need to be glaring errors that lead to goals. It could be letting the ball bounce constantly which breeds panic, it could be jumping into tackles rashly basically every game he plays and risking cards and freekicks in dangerous areas.

He doesn't control a back line, in fact he does the opposite. And this is a guy who should be the main man back there. A world cup finalist, an experienced CB coming into his prime years.

Edit: short of me bumping and tagging you every time he makes a mistake (which isn't happening), you're not going to take my opinion either. And that's okay. It's a forum.

Ban

As long as he keeps making mistakes, then yes I will.

And mistakes dont need to be glaring errors that lead to goals. It could be letting the ball bounce constantly which breeds panic, it could be jumping into tackles rashly basically every game he plays and risking cards and freekicks in dangerous areas.

He doesn't control a back line, in fact he does the opposite. And this is a guy who should be the main man back there. A world cup finalist, an experienced CB coming into his prime years.

Edit: short of me bumping and tagging you every time he makes a mistake (which isn't happening), you're not going to take my opinion either. And that's okay. It's a forum.
Yeah. Every game he lets the ball bounce constantly (whatever that means) and every game he jumps rashly into tackles?

He doesn't control the back line, I don't get that one either.

He could have 15 good games but you're gonna be back with the old, boring line of a mistake waiting to happen. You're not the only one but there's that.

TheSweeper

All the rashness will stop when the whole team learn how to play in a controlled manner. There's still a lack of fluidity in this football team to single out a single player for playing like a rugby player; because in reality that is what we are forced to do currently.

Has nothing to do with Rojo or Herrera in the other thread.

When we eventually get to the level where we control on the football field; then we can talk about having more composure.

Bubz27

Yeah. Every game he lets the ball bounce constantly (whatever that means) and every game he jumps rashly into tackles?

He doesn't control the back line, I don't get that one either.

He could have 15 good games but you're gonna be back with the old, boring line of a mistake waiting to happen. You're not the only one but there's that.
He lets the ball bounce ie. he doesn't attack the ball and head it well. Playing Sunday league, you're always told you don't let the ball bounce. Rojo does. Do you now understand? So when the opposition kicks the ball forwards in the air, Rojo doesn't always head the ball back, he lets it bounce and doesn't take charge of the situation like a good centre half should. He lets the ball bounce, which can lead to him facing his goal and puts us in a dangerous situation when we didn't need to be.

And yeah, pretty much he is making rash tackles every game. The fact he could very easily have 3 red cards is testament of his rashness. Again, short of me tagging you every time, we'll just disagree on this.

Do you honestly not know what I mean by controlling a back line? Taking charge, organising, leading by example. Think of Rio and Vidic. If any of our CBs should be doing that, it should be him. But he isn't.

If a player has spent years being a mistake waiting to happen, then it'll take more than 15 games.

Even in his absolute best spell at United in 3 years, a spell where he was heralded as our best CB and a mainstay, he should've been sent off twice. That's a huge liability to have.

In nearly 3 years here, he's had a 10-15 game spell where he looked quite good, and he should've missed 6 of those games through suspension.

Ban

He lets the ball bounce ie. he doesn't attack the ball and head it well. Playing Sunday league, you're always told you don't let the ball bounce. Rojo does. Do you now understand? So when the opposition kicks the ball forwards in the air, Rojo doesn't always head the ball back, he lets it bounce and doesn't take charge of the situation like a good centre half should. He lets the ball bounce, which can lead to him facing his goal and puts us in a dangerous situation when we didn't need to be.

And yeah, pretty much he is making rash tackles every game. The fact he could very easily have 3 red cards is testament of his rashness. Again, short of me tagging you every time, we'll just disagree on this.

Do you honestly not know what I mean by controlling a back line? Taking charge, organising, leading by example. Think of Rio and Vidic. If any of our CBs should be doing that, it should be him. But he isn't.

If a player has spent years being a mistake waiting to happen, then it'll take more than 15 games.

Even in his absolute best spell at United in 3 years, a spell where he was heralded as our best CB and a mainstay, he should've been sent off twice. That's a huge liability to have.

In nearly 3 years here, he's had a 10-15 game spell where he looked quite good, and he should've missed 6 of those games through suspension.
Yeah I don't see it that way. He doesn't let the ball bounce or anything.
He organizes and leads the line, not as good as Rio of course but he does that.

You're really strict on him it seems. If he will have 2 or 3 more years where he'll be proved as a good player you're still remember those 2, 3 times he should have been sent of.
Basically every players sometimes make a rash tackle but with Rojo it's different I guess.

And no, he doesn't make rash challenges every game. He simply doesn't and you made that up.

The line about him spending years being a mistake waiting to happen is funny too. It has stick with him and people continue to repeat that mantra over and over again. And it doesn't matter 15, 20 or 50 games people like you won't let it go..

Bubz27

Yeah I don't see it that way. He doesn't let the ball bounce or anything.
He organizes and leads the line, not as good as Rio of course but he does that.

You're really strict on him it seems. If he will have 2 or 3 more years where he'll be proved as a good player you're still remember those 2, 3 times he should have been sent of.
Basically every players sometimes make a rash tackle but with Rojo it's different I guess.

And no, he doesn't make rash challenges every game. He simply doesn't and you made that up.

The line about him spending years being a mistake waiting to happen is funny too. It has stick with him and people continue to repeat that mantra over and over again. And it doesn't matter 15, 20 or 50 games people like you won't let it go..
He's more likely to have an average 2 or 3 years with odd spells where he plays well than he is to have 3 years where he's proved as a good player. His whole career has followed that model, so i doubt it'll change in the next couple of years.

Yeah every player sometimes makes a rash challenge, but Rojo makes them oftentimes.

But whatever, agree to disagree and move on.

Actually, do you think we can build a title winning team with Rojo as our CB? As our main CB. The leader and main guy back there, do you think we can get to where we want to be?

Ban

He's more likely to have an average 2 or 3 years with odd spells where he plays well than he is to have 3 years where he's proved as a good player. His whole career has followed that model, so i doubt it'll change in the next couple of years.

Yeah every player sometimes makes a rash challenge, but Rojo makes them oftentimes.

But whatever, agree to disagree and move on.

Actually, do you think we can build a title winning team with Rojo as our CB? As our main CB. The leader and main guy back there, do you think we can get to where we want to be?
We can. He doesn't have to be a main CB. Bailly-Rojo CB pair has a future imo.
And about that main CB, who was a main CB in Rojo-Vidić partnership? I'm not comparing,just asking.

Bubz27

We can. He doesn't have to be a main CB. Bailly-Rojo CB pair has a future imo.
And about that main CB, who was a main CB in Rojo-Vidić partnership? I'm not comparing,just asking.
In my opinion it was Rio. He organised everything, but they complemented each other very well. Probably the best partnership I've ever seen.

Ban

In my opinion it was Rio. He organised everything, but they complemented each other very well. Probably the best partnership I've ever seen.
Yeah I guess you're right about that.

As for Rojo we'll see.
In any case he is having a good spell and what I like about him too is he's giving his all every game.

settembrini

He has an Average rating of 5.9 this season but I really want to know his rating as a cb vs being a lb

It has be at least 6.5 as a cb
22 games at CB. 6.3 average.
6 games at LB. 4.8 average.

Didn't bother with sub appearances.

Walters_19_MuFc

Done well yesterday, but messed up with the stamp.

Will obviously get a ban, and deserves it.

Bit of a shame, as he's arguably been our best defender this season.

PogbaUnited

It looked quite on purpose his stamp on Hazard, but thank feck, the referee made a mistake and said he saw it. Rojo delivers as a centerback, and it would be a problem if we lost him to a three match ban.

But quite surprised the ref saw that and didn't give a red card. For me, that's a straight red card.

But thanks Michael Oliver, you daft moron.

Maybe that's why you're playing Sunday League and he is playing Premier League ;)

A good CB knows when to clear the ball and when to let it bounce through or bring it under control to get it in our possession. No issue whatsoever with him not putting his head or boot through it every time it comes near him.

Z_Wolf

He created our best chance of the night when hoofed the ball and put Rashford 1v1 against Cahil. The lad has a footballing brain unlike Smalling.

PoTMS

Who knew Rojo was our best defender? Bailly is the only one who comes close.

Sylar

Even then... he was standing way too close to Smalling. He needed to move out a bit to create the space which would have allowed Blind to push forward (unless of course he was told not to to stop any Rostov type counter attacks).
He did well. He will forever be the Banana man.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I think he's getting worse with the ball with each passing game :lol: Honestly don't see much difference between him and Smalling in that regard anymore. But his defending is continuing to go from strength to strength too so I'm more than happy with him.

Sylar

I think so. I think hes the only one that looks comfy at LCB. I do wish he would hoof less but its a minor complaint for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.