Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Dare I say one of the best defenders in the league now? Crazy considering a season ago I wanted him to feck off.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Turned 27 today.

His form is excellent when playing as CB, hopefully he will be mainstay in the team now. I was a big fan of Smalling but Rojo this season is having much better season than any CB in our team.

Seanus

I think he has really grown into the position and could see him helping Bailly develop his game too- not something i feel Smalling could do

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's just no nonsense on the ball, tackle, pass or clear it. Smalling and Jones try to do all this fancy stuff like kicking with their weaker leg or head the ball when it is a foot off the ground.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'd trust Bailly over him to be honest. He's good but let's not forget that he's incredibly lucky not to be sent off at least thrice in this season, so far. Could've cost us big time.

Z_Wolf

I'd trust Bailly over him to be honest. He's good but let's not forget that he's incredibly lucky not to be sent off at least thrice in this season, so far. Could've cost us big time.
After his performances in his last 3 or 4 starts, I'd trust Jones over Bailly. Jones-Rojo is the best as far as CB pairings are concerned.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Vindication for @Sly
Still think that he needs to mantain the level for 2 or 3 more seasons. And not play at LB.

He's obviously not on Ferdinand/Vidic level but he is not as bad as Kevin and Leroy the Red painted him. Btw most of the things i've identified from his Sporting career, he has mantained at United. His disciplinary brainfarts is the major problem. He is lucky english refs are more permissive or else he would have at least 2 red cards this year. I think that Mourinho (and also the experience he keeps gaining in England) has been the positive influence i expected Van Gaal to be. He is at the level he displayed at Sporting with Leonardo Jardim. Of course in a bigger club and in a more demanding football league.

Minus the goal scoring threat, this is exactly how i remember him from Sporting days. A strong, quick no nonsense defender, difficult to bully, with the ocasional concentration/positional lapses. I think that with Mourinho he will continue to be a useful player. Not world class but reliable if used in the right position. Looking at the rest of the defenders at the top 6 club in England (with the Spurs/Chelsea duo as the best), i think he has been alright.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Rojo is currently our best CB. Bailly and Jones are our worst with Smalling somewhere in between. I do still think Bailly can be great for us but he has a lot of learning to do.
Smalling and Rojo would be my CB pairing for now if we are to play 4 at the back.

204Red

Dare I say one of the best defenders in the league now? Crazy considering a season ago I wanted him to feck off.
A season ago? This season up til early November!

Thats when he and Jones started to put together a decent run of games.

Now I consider him first choice

ReallyUSA

Love the guy, love the intensity that he brings to the team. As long as he doesn't do his wild long distance shots, I would love to see him start in the center for the rest of season.

Rossa

He's our best centre back at the moment. There are certain thing, like speed and aerial ability, where Smalling is better, but Rojo is far better on the ball and is better technically. He's also very athletic, if not quite at Smalling and Bailly's levels. What I like best about him is the attitude he portrays on the pitch. He looks as if he really cares and loves playing for the club. In that respect, he's reminiscent of Evra.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Still think that he needs to mantain the level for 2 or 3 more seasons. And not play at LB.

He's obviously not on Ferdinand/Vidic level but he is not as bad as Kevin and Leroy the Red painted him. Btw most of the things i've identified from his Sporting career, he has mantained at United. His disciplinary brainfarts is the major problem. He is lucky english refs are more permissive or else he would have at least 2 red cards this year. I think that Mourinho (and also the experience he keeps gaining in England) has been the positive influence i expected Van Gaal to be. He is at the level he displayed at Sporting with Leonardo Jardim. Of course in a bigger club and in a more demanding football league.

Minus the goal scoring threat, this is exactly how i remember him from Sporting days. A strong, quick no nonsense defender, difficult to bully, with the ocasional concentration/positional lapses. I think that with Mourinho he will continue to be a useful player. Not world class but reliable if used in the right position. Looking at the rest of the defenders at the top 6 club in England (with the Spurs/Chelsea duo as the best), i think he has been alright.
Very good point.

Smalling looked like the second coming for a period of 6 months last season and since then has fallen apart.

Consistency is key.

Man Utd 0:0 West Brom

Devil may care

Sneaky shout for Captain? He looks like he took charge today and Bailly's confidence was back in effect paired with him. The cult of Fellaini are out in force today but Rojo was my MOTM.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sneaky shout for Captain? He looks like he took charge today and Bailly's confidence was back in effect paired with him. The cult of Fellaini are out in force today but Rojo was my MOTM.
He's my MOTM also. Still hasn't really convinced on him, but he has a great game.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Turned 27 today.
He is basically in his absolute prime, so the performances we see from him now and in the next few years will be his best.
That's why Jose loves players who in their prime.

Sadly, while Smalling is also in his prime, I can't say the same about him.

Kag

He isn't the first and won't be the last to struggle up against Lukaku. That said, De Gea didn't really have a save to make (aside from the shitty goal).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Except for being beaten by him with ease
That'll be how he managed one shot (off target) and had 4 shots blocked. Had a pass success rate of 48% and managed just 4/14 passes in the attacking third. He won just 50% of his aerial duals and none were in the attacking third and was successful in just 2/5 take ons.

Lukaku didn't dominate and destroy anything tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.