Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jose on why he began the season with Bailly and Blind at CB and not Rojo.

"We didn't think he could be a good centre half because he is a bad left back" :lol:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
My average rating for him is 5.7, that's so bad :lol:
Jose on why he began the season with Bailly and Blind at CB and not Rojo.

"We didn't think he could be a good centre half because he is a bad left back" :lol:
:lol:
A pity LvG never worked it out.

tomaldinho1

He has converted so many ppl on here (myself included) and it is a shame because he's been v good with Bailly.

Who would have thought we would be more concerned with Rojo being out over Ibra!!

meninred

I am surprised he is highly rated by some. wondering what his strength or qualities are ? I see defenders being judged on positional sense,disribution interception, tackles,clearance and blocks.

CG1010

I am surprised he is highly rated by some. wondering what his strength or qualities are ? I see defenders being judged on positional sense,disribution interception, tackles,clearance and blocks.
On the contrary, you tell me what major weaknesses do you see in him?

He's even rated by the media now :eek:, and that is an incredible turnaround. Positioned at number 4 in football365's top 10 defenders of the season.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I see him as an average squad defender with no particular attributes that stands out.
Have you not been impressed with him this season? Hes been the best CB by a fair distance. Not many "squad defenders with no particular attributes" can play to the level he has this season for us

SirAF

Ageist
I see him as an average squad defender with no particular attributes that stands out.
He's strong, aggressive, good header of the ball defensively. Got a decent pass on him too - what's not to like?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Real shame, looked to me like he was going to be a starting CB for next season. Has been our most consistent CB all season and I'm not sure how he's going to be like when he comes back so it looks like we need to sign another one.

The consolation is we miss him mostly during the season break.

RMD83

Is he out till September or till New Year's (like Ibra)?
I feel our defender transfer strategy will depend on this difference.
I think it's long term like Zlatan. It's a real shame, I never thought Rojo was useless like many did and always felt he was a good squad player that could play for any team as a 3rd/4th choice CB or a 2nd/3rd choice LB but his progression this season has been unbelievable (at CB). He's been one of the best defenders in the league this season.

lopiop

Any updates on his injury status? Shame he is not healthy by the start of next season. I can't stand the combination of Jones and Smalling.

JeffBoomTetris

I like to conjure up mental pictures about what the Caf would have been like if Rojo had been given proper punishment for the 2 off-the-ground challenges mid season. And now he's made a unprecedented turnaround. Now, the people what to see him back in the side not the back of him

Status
Not open for further replies.