Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Great assist there. Should try to do that more often, instead of trying to shoot from near the halfway line.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ok it was only Yeovil but excellent tonight in all aspects of the game. Interesting contrast with a shaky looking Lindelof... but reminds me that Rojo looked that way to begin with and now he looks class.

Pocho

Please stay fit, we need you at the World Cup. Please not as LB.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love the way he just said SOD IT IM GOING FOR IT and ran like crazy :lol: brilliant cross too!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Surprised by the praise. I think he played like a kid again and not very stable, along with Lindelof. Aren't they supposed to at least be passing the ball better than Jones & Smalling? Didn't see that tonight.

The immaturity prevents them from expressing themselves. Yeovil had nothing to offer offensively but somehow we still managed to look shaky back there, lacking calmness and control from the back. Especially weird since Yeovil pressed with few men. Second half was a bit better thanks to Rashford's goal. A nice assist from Rojo at the end!

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_toad

He's a very good centre back. Not quite at the level as before his injury yet, but I hope that comes soon. I quite like myself a Jones-Rojo centre back partnership.
Looks good until we get a team who excell at set pieces. Same with Bailly we end up exposed in the air. We do have a very good selection of defenders.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Great assist tonight.
But him and Lindelof were far from commanding at the back I thought.

Probably due to a lack of minutes recently, but still.

Nickosaur

I was pleasantly shocked that his cross wasn't a shot that went three feet over the crossbar.

Reddevildans

Needs to cut out the aimless hoofing thats so symtomatic of our defenders. It's just an opportunity for the opposition to recycle the ball. We'll get punished against the better teams simply pumping the ball away 50 yards to relieve pressure.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
First choice left centre half isn't he?

Jaybomb

So much better than Jones and Smalling. So much better.

Just look at how confident he is on the ball in comparison. The way he drives the ball forward and gets stuck in. He’s full of energy and it only helps the team to know somebody with that confidence is covering for you if you lose the ball.

Nick7

None of our available CBs are.
No, but I think he's been worse this season than others. I don't think today's game is enough to solidify him as first choice, especially if we ever get Bailly back. If he picks up last seasons form, sure.

Dion

He's not the best player, but he does at least try things.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Lowest score from the starting 11 in the match rating.

It wasn’t a bad game today but he’s being played in such a crucial position we need a significantly better player.

ash_86

Very good with the ball and amazing in the Air. Our best ball playing defender.

Giggs86

Can we please play him instead of Jones whenever he's fit? No more dicking around. He is miles better than Jones, more confident with the ball, better in the air, and even makes Smalling look better. He has the casual brain fart moment in his locker, but who doesn't? I am much more comfortable with him out there instead of Jones.

Canagel

Rojo is better when we need to break down defences at home I've noticed. He has more urgency and speed to his play than the likes of Jones and Smalling. Really positive and the always looks for the forward pass. He isn't a world class defender but he plays on the edge and that's what makes him a United player.

J_Red 11

I will nail him in that left centre back spot. Two issues that I have with him ever since he joined us is that his heading ability is horrendous for a centre back, too many mistimed header and he tends to make crazy tackles which potential red card. But his left foot ball playing is good.

Antonedwin

I will nail him in that left centre back spot. Two issues that I have with him ever since he joined us is that his heading ability is horrendous for a centre back, too many mistimed header and he tends to make crazy tackles which potential red card. But his left foot ball playing is good.
He is left footed so he is naturally more comfortable than any of our cb on that position ,He won't made clearance mistake like jones did against Tottenham
Should be our first choice left cb

Coops73

I feel much more confident when I see him playing centre back and will feel even better when it’s with a fully fit Bailly. I know Smalling and Jones have done well lately but Jones gives me the fear sometimes, not just from his gurning, and I’m just not a fan of Smalling to be honest.

Bobski

I just don't get the Rojo trust. This is his 4th season at the club and there is such a small time during that when he has played to an acceptable level. He is also incredibly rash with his tackles, goes to ground far too easily, loves a wild clearance, is bad in the air, very erratic with his passing and can be done for pace.

A full solid season might convince, but 3 months of decent play is not enough.

Nick.

Is he injured? Why are tweedledee and tweedledum starting ahead of him?

Jaybomb

The silly papers are reporting that Mourinho is not happy with his stalled contract talks, and he's been linked with a 30m move to PSG in the summer.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/02/1...se-mourinho-rages-over-stalled-contract-talks

He's currently injured apparently and won't be available for the Sevilla match. No surprise there.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/19/jose-...iss-manchester-uniteds-clash-sevilla-7323413/
It speaks volumes that Rojo is linked with a 30m move to one of the European giants. The sooner we get him back fit, the better chance we have of progressing in the Champions League.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Can't wait to get him back. We've missed him and Bailly.

Status
Not open for further replies.