Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Lol i enjoy the rashness.

He's also much better on the ball for me, delivers better crosses etc
Doesn't make much sense to me. Why would we keep a CB who doesn't play because of injuries a lot, hoofs the ball, is rash and makes mistakes over a solid reliable defender who doesn't make many mistakes and doesn't hoof.. Because he might deliver a decent cross after a corner? Isn't it more usual to have your CB use his height in the box to try get a goal that way? Smalling does get goals too. I hope we try to promote Tuanzebe and Fosu, but we simply can't rely on Rojo and Jones next season as the second and third CB. Same thing could be said about Lindelof.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is a terrible defender/player. I managed to watch two minutes today due to poor stream, and he made at least two mistakes during those 2 minutes, I have no idea how people can like him as a player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes injury prone and not a better defender then Smalling, Jones, or bailly, while lindelof has been here for one just year. Only benefit to him is that hes the only left footed center back, but that's not a big deal imo. Plus unlike smalling or Jones, doesnt have homegrown status.

I'd hope we sell to trim out some of the pointless group from the squad. We have too many center backs around the same level, too many who are unreliable with injuries. I like him, but I just dont see the point of him. I'd would rather we have our current crop of 4 (without him) and give chances to Tuanzebe as a back up (5th choice anyway), not to mention if we sign Alderweireld. At least 1 CB will have to go.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Can't stand this guy. Hope we are rid of him this summer though it's highly improbable given his new contract.

Why did Rojo get a new contract?!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You guys going to have time this summer to get round to finally sell him?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He signed a 4 year deal with us before the season ended.
Can only be for increase in valuation surely?

You have Bailly, Jones and Smalling as probables next season. Linked with numerous CBs so really Rojo is filler you could unload easily.

HorrorFan07

He's the weak link in this Argentina team.

Everytime the balls go to him and Willy The Goalie Argentina must hold their breath.

Gosh Argentina use to have proper defenders.. now they are forced to use him.

It's a shame as they have no chance of winning the WC with him and Willy in the team.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Everytime the balls go to him and Willy The Goalie Argentina must hold their breath.

It's a shame as they have no chance of winning the WC with him and Willy in the team.
They aren't the reasons why Argentina are so disjointed in attack.

C'est Moi Cantona

Was always an odd signing, reminded me of the Buttner one, just a player to fill a gap, with no real logic behind it.

Doubt we'll sell him just yet though.

JohnnyLaw

Was always an odd signing, reminded me of the Buttner one, just a player to fill a gap, with no real logic behind it.

Doubt we'll sell him just yet though.
Personally I really like those kind of signings. The Chicharitos, Büttners, Rojos, Vidics and Dalots. It's always felt quite unique to the United way, unearthing gems and making players who'll always have a special association with the club.

At the time we only had Evans, Jones and Smalling as our senior CBs so we needed someone else, and I think that LvG specifically wanted someone left footed aswell.

Beyond all that I think he's generally done a good job for us as a CB and for 15 million pounds or whatever we payed for him I think he's been a good signing. Fecking injuries though..

Classical Mechanic

He was signed because he was the only left footed centre back of any repute available. Typical of LVG in signing a player to balance the team (in the view of his philosophy) rather than because of his quality.

ti vu

He was second choice after Vermaelen (bullet dodged) for left side dead, left footed CB in LVG's initial plan of 3 at the back. Mourinho gave him new life as CB last season, but injury has prevented him to perform like that

criticalanalysis

He was in the starting 11 in the 2014 final :/

Was poor for the goal but it was his confidence to drive from defence and hit that cross-shot that created Aguero's goal too.

Personally think he's a decent player and I would have him partnering Bailly ahead of others. Problem is as others have said, injuries to both prevent that from happening.

Zoo

Marcos!!! I think he’s had a really good game

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a finish. Actually thought it was Aguero initially.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He scores as many goals in this WC as Messi.

Ekeke

He actually has a right foot :eek: Must have taken finishing lessons from Chris Smalling

Shame his defending isn't so good

Bobski

Played well, not a fan of his in general but he has some balls and is prepared to get stuck in, strong character. Delighted for him, what a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.