Status
Not open for further replies.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
His defending has been good.
Yeah he had a good clearance in a very dangerous City play. Got an assist as well. The problem with Rojo is that he doesn't learn or changes with the rash tackles. He has been managed by Leonardo Jardim, Van Gaal and now Mourinho. All strict disciplinarian managers. He's getting older and with more experience but keeps insisting in the same reckless challenges.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah he had a good clearance in a very dangerous City play. Got an assist as well. The problem with Rojo is that he doesn't learn or changes with the rash tackles. He has been managed by Leonardo Jardim, Van Gaal and now Mourinho. All strict disciplinarian managers. He's getting older and with more experience but keeps insisting in the same reckless challenges.
He made one good block but also got put on his backside by Jesus who really should have done better and scored. Add that to his woeful passing and him being on yellow and he makes me very nervous.

Arka_BleedingRed

Finally his hoof worked.
Wasn't him. Couldn't see who but it was a right legged hoof, probably Young.
I think Rojo should be taken out, and Lindelof brought in. His hot head won't serve us well, and I would rather forgive a Lindelof error, than another aimless hoofball.

kundalini

Overall I thought he performed reasonably well, though glad he got substituted given the booking.

Bobski

Thought he was typical Rojo, plenty of wild hoofs up field, the odd reckless tackle , some decent physical defending but not a player who fills you, or his teammates with a great deal of calm certainty. It is still early in his return from an ACL to be fair, might not see the best of him until next season.

criticalanalysis

He's capable of passing along the deck and he tried it a few times this game so for me, I'd play him with Lindelof as the back two.

Defensively was suspect but feck it, Utd atm needs more building from the back than balls-to-walls defensive ability.

Andersons Dietician

Was poor today, looked more like the old Rojo and not the mythical creature he became in the eyes of some after 2 months of semi decent performances.

Bobski

He's capable of passing along the deck and he tried it a few times this game so for me, I'd play him with Lindelof as the back two.

Defensively was suspect but feck it, Utd atm needs more building from the back than balls-to-walls defensive ability.
Under a different manager than Mourinho that might be a priority. Mou has no interest in taking the game to a side like City though, not going to build that type of team.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good move taking him off, looked a complete liability and was going to get sent off.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Don´t really understand why he gets so much stick here. I thought he was improved compared to the Arsenal game and made just this one mistake in the situation that led to the Jesus shot. Apart from that he was quite solid, had one good block and a few clearances. He won also a few balls in midfield when he followed Jesus quite high up the pitch.

I agree that maybe he played too much long balls, but some of them were also quite decent. It was also obvious that long balls were needed due to their high press and I thought Rojo tried to play them more accurately than Smalling.

I am also not sure that his substitution was a managerial decision. Maybe he was just a little bit injured from the clash with Silva. It looked like he had to go off already in the first place.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good job Jesus didn't realise how much time he had and shanked his shot, he put Rojo on his ass far too easily with a step over.

Weird how he can go from sublime to worrying so easily.

Decent enough but clearly off the pace a little after so long out. Still, it's refreshing to have a defender who plays on the front foot with confidence. It was necessary to play him with Smalling who is the worst at the club for that.

TRD

I think Rojo is the weakest link in our defense. All other CBs are better than him.

His tackles are reckless. Last season he could had red card on two occasions but got away with yellow.

His clearances are unconvincing.

And he always goes for a long pass which rarely finds one of our player.

Reactions: KM

MAME DIOUF 32

His improvement last season was remarkable, but he could and should have been sent off twice during his run of form. Jury's still out for me.

Bobski

I don't rate him but he is still just back from an acl. It could be next season before he is right, still has to prove that those few months last season were not the blip they look to be.

Rubbish LB anyway, Mou wanting to sit and defend instead of bringing on the more aggressive option in Shaw.

el3mel

Nothing surprising here. We know he's a terrible LB.

Mourinho should have put Shaw instead of him.

El Jefe

Now that he's back his ratings can go back to the normal level. The hyperbole when he was out injured was a bit irritating to read. In no way is he our best CB.

Nick7

Been poor enough since coming back from injury but it was a pretty bad injury all things considered. I hope he can get back to the level he was at last season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Neither of his mistakes had nothing to do with being LB today. He also can't win a header to save his life, really big flaw in his game.

Jaybomb

@Jaybomb what are your thoughts on his recent performances?
He’s just recovered from an ACL injury, so it would be harsh to judge him. On top of that, he’s never a LB.

As for him not winning the headers... maybe that bandage on his head has something to do with that. Rojo is usually very strong in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.