Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

manunited1919

Would you be happy if that happened and we got Varane in exchange or something @manunited1919 ?
Madrid won’t let go of Varane. Rojo is 28 which is not a bad age for a CB, can easily play at a high level for 4+ years. For example, we are getting linked with Bonucci who is 31. Even though I think we shouldn’t buy a 31 y/o, Bonucci is still playing at a high level.

Rojo is a good CB to have in our team, either as backup or first team. When he came to us LVG tried to use him as a LB, and I think he is a terrible LB, but a good CB. If you don’t make a distinction between his performances as a CB vs LB, you will easily think he is inconsistent.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
He did stay fit and maintain form the year we won the Europa League, and he looked the part. Unfortunately, the knee injury he had is a very serious injury which takes a long time to recover from, so 2017-2018 was not a good season for him. You do understand that it takes a very long time for any footballer to fully recover from a cruciate ligament injury?
I snapped my cruciate in February last year, operation end of May and still haven't kicked a football yet. I'm close to sport ready and admittedly behind due to distractions getting married and having honeymoons. Rojo is still very much in the continued rehab stage. His recovery has actually been quite impressive.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I snapped my cruciate in February last year, operation end of May and still haven't kicked a football yet. I'm close to sport ready and admittedly behind due to distractions getting married and having honeymoons. Rojo is still very much in the continued rehab stage. His recovery has actually been quite impressive.
Do not do not do not skimp on your rehab. I did and duly ruptured my graft a year later. And now, 5 years later, I'm having to do a tonne of really tedious hamstring strengthening exercises to try and fix the tendinopathy I got from not properly working on my hamstrings as part of my initial rehab.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Do not do not do not skimp on your rehab. I did and duly ruptured my graft a year later. And now, 5 years later, I'm having to do a tonne of really tedious hamstring strengthening exercises to try and fix the tendinopathy I got from not properly working on my hamstrings as part of my initial rehab.
My rehab has been a reasonable level, with good consistency in places and then times where I've either been away so not been able to rehab properly or been ill. Recently im doing 4 days a week at the gym, 2 leg strength days and 2 plyometrics.

It sucks having little too no time for pure cardio or upper body. 4 leg days is a big commitment and very tedious, but I don't want to start from the beginning again!

Sorry to hear about your rupture, not cool! How did you rupture it?

Bwuk

Massive fan of Rojo personally.

He never got to his best last season but I think that’s fair considering the injury he had.

Rojo in the season we won the Europa was far better than any of our CBs last season, plus he’s far better on the ball than a Smalling or Jones.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
My rehab has been a reasonable level, with good consistency in places and then times where I've either been away so not been able to rehab properly or been ill. Recently im doing 4 days a week at the gym, 2 leg strength days and 2 plyometrics.

It sucks having little too no time for pure cardio or upper body. 4 leg days is a big commitment and very tedious, but I don't want to start from the beginning again!

Sorry to hear about your rupture, not cool! How did you rupture it?
Just playing my usual old farts five-a-side. It actually went when I took a stint in goal. Nobody else near me. Didn’t even hurt. I was ridiculously bloody lazy in my rehab. Left thigh was still visibly thinner than the right at the end of it. Oh well. Lesson learned.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Just playing my usual old farts five-a-side. It actually went when I took a stint in goal. Nobody else near me. Didn’t even hurt. I was ridiculously bloody lazy in my rehab. Left thigh was still visibly thinner than the right at the end of it. Oh well. Lesson learned.
I'm just following guidance of physio, the single leg jump test and triple jump test is pretty telling. Need to be within 10% of the distance. I'm getting close, maybe within 15%, was 30% a few weeks ago.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm just following guidance of physio, the single leg jump test and triple jump test is pretty telling. Need to be within 10% of the distance. I'm getting close, maybe within 15%, was 30% a few weeks ago.
I did actually pass those tests. I'm old though (40+). So obviously needed more rehab than someone your age. I was desperate to get back playing and jumped straight back into it as soon as I passed the tests. With hindsight I should have got back into it more gradually and built my legs up to even stronger than they were, pre-injury.

arnie_ni

His only mistake there was not doing it outside the box. He had no hope of stopping that

mohr

Classic Rojo :lol:

A hero in one week, and fail on the other.
(To be fair I don't thinking he can do anything to stop Mbappe there though)

A-man

His only mistake there was not doing it outside the box. He had no hope of stopping that
Outside penalty box and it is a red card, isn’t it? Anyway this is the downside with reactive explosive defenders.

Zoo

Mbappe can scare almost any defender running at you like that. Rojo should have just accepted being beaten and let Mbappe go for goal.

Romez

People who rate Rojo defensively must be high.

I actually think he's our best CB on the ball, he's just a disaster defensively, easily our worst.

Meep

He must judge the situation better. No way Mbappe would have got a good chance but rather a narrow angle to try and shoot if he had let him pass without dragging him down.

Skills

Snitch
Did the hard part by directing him wide then lost his fecking head to jump in there

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Needs to calm down a bit and focus on the ball. Shame he didn't chase it to the end and then try to clear it with a slide tackle.

Robbie Boy

Remember that nutjob poster ‘Jay something or other’ who thought Rojo was the best defender going. He was mad.

el3mel

He has been a terrible defender except that purple patch in Mourinho's first season.

RedIke

That first half was why i love Rojo so much. Complete nutjob. And love the entertainment it brings.

I wont be too harsh on him for the penalty. Tough situation that needes split second rationale. This aint the dude for that. Haha. But the second time he got beat by Greizemann and tried fouling again waa pure gold.

All that said. Id still take him. Hero to zero in a half, but he has the right mental makeup or lack thereof to go back to hero instantly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's not even "great on the ball" CB, and couldn't be rely on when defending. Then what's the fecking point of him?

El Jefe

Lets not sweep that first half under the rug. What a hopeless half that was by Rojo.

He's a poor defender that happens to be a fierce competitor.

manunited1919

There were 3 other Argentinians that had a chance to foul Mbappe before he got to the last line. Rojo’s intention was also to bring him down outside the box. But Mbappe is just too fast.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Another below average player we persist with in our squad, just like we do with the other CB position, both FB positions and the RW position.

Yet we wonder why we've fallen behind.

In his defence i think the first foul that should have been given was outside the box. Still, must be impossible to defend against that pace. Mbappe did almost the same thing minutes later but that was judged a freekick on the edge of the box.

izec

He is not a good defender. I like his passion, but he is brainless and not a good defender.
I wish we would sell him and Jones, and buy a proper CB with Bailly and Smalling, plus giving Lindelöf a bit time

ReallyUSA

Another below average player we persist with in our squad, just like we do with the other CB position, both FB positions and the RW position.

Yet we wonder why we've fallen behind.
Rojo is better than both Smalling and Jones. He's a superb CB sans the wild shots from outside the box.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Rojo is better than both Smalling and Jones. He's a superb CB sans the wild shots from outside the box.
Is he feck. He had one really rosy period when he looked the business, after that it has been shite and injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.