Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Me alegro mucho por verte recuperándote tan rápido, espero que la visita te de todavía más fuerza amigo! @marquitos_eltriunfo // I am so happy to see that your recovery is going well, hopefully this visit gives you even more energy

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He went from being a candidate to be sold to an important figure in our defense. He should take plenty of time to recover and then return at full strength. We have plenty of depth at the CB positions, so we'll be able to cover for his absence.

Arnold Layne

Delighted his recovery is on track, can't wait to see him back. He did a very good job last season and Jose trusts him.

SambaBoy

Him and Lindelof should compete for the starting position alongside Bailly. He was class last season but still had his moments. For me, he's now ahead of Smalling and Jones who have just regressed to the point where if they were sold they wouldn't be missed much.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He used to annoy me to no end but I think he was our best CB last season. I don't understand all the talk of partner for Bailly and Bailly guaranteed starter when Rojo was better for me. I've even seen people saying he is 5th choice.

MyOnlySolskjaer

He used to annoy me to no end but I think he was our best CB last season. I don't understand all the talk of partner for Bailly and Bailly guaranteed starter when Rojo was better for me. I've even seen people saying he is 5th choice.
Agreed, by far our most consistent CB. Bailly post AFCON was pretty poor at times but he's had the highest of highs in terms of performances.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Last season he won me over. I wasn't keen on him before but to be fair he was also being used as a LB then and he's not up to it there.

I still get the worry he's got regular mishaps ready and waiting though probably as a consequence of those appearances at LB so let's hope he comes back and plays like he did before the injury.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Agreed, by far our most consistent CB. Bailly post AFCON was pretty poor at times but he's had the highest of highs in terms of performances.
Id say Rojo had those highs as well though. I think the best pairing all season was probably Rojo and Jones and next Rojo and Bailly. Our best spells at the back consistently involved Rojo for me. He has his crazy moments which people hold against him too but never hold Bailly's poor moments against him where he looked completely lost at times and also capable of doing something stupid. Its just new signing syndrome for me. Any new signing who does good is rated as the greatest thing since slice bread. I have no doubt if Rojo only came in last summer and played like he did people on here would be calling him the best CB in the league but instead there are a fair share still calling him 5th choice and wouldn't mind if he is sold.

ovoxo

I cannot wait for him to come back! He has so much passion. He also cemented himself as a starter for the left centre back position in my eyes.

El-Manos

I cannot wait for him to come back! He has so much passion. He also cemented himself as a starter for the left centre back position in my eyes.
Same. He went from proper dog-shit to one of the best defenders in the premier league. Himself and Herrera were criminally underrated last season by opposition fans.

ovoxo

Same. He went from proper dog-shit to one of the best defenders in the premier league. Himself and Herrera were criminally underrated last season by opposition fans.
I admit, I wanted him out last summer, but last season he won me over and has become one of my favourite players in the squad.

Inter Yer Nan

Any word on the time frame for his comeback?

I think Lindelof will be a good player for us but obviously first season it will be difficult for him to be as good as what Bailly showed last season. I'd really trust our defense with Rojo back in it. Won me over big time last season. Always felt he loves being at the club and seems to have good camaraderie with the squad but perhaps because LVG insisted on him as a left-back never really got to show his worth until last season when he was excellent. Definitely one of my favorites at the club and a bit of a nutter.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Any word on the time frame for his comeback?
Mourinho said the other day that he'll probably be back around December. Not sure if that's when they expect he'll hopefully be back playing, or whether it's just when he'll start training again. I tend to think the latter, so I wouldn't expect to see him playing again until January.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He should be standard partner to bailly . Love him on central defender position last season.

WayneShears

In the travelling squad. Hopefully be able to start talking about this guy again soon. Watching him mature as a player last year was a pleasure. Great boost.

AgentP

Our best CB last season. Hope he gets back to that level asap. We'll need all our resources for the next 2 months.

LoneStar

Interesting to see who he'll replace once he is fully fit and running. I'm not sure what our best CB pairing is. Jones, Baily and Rojo are all good.

ti vu

Surprised nobody said it. Here go:

Like a new signing

Inter Yer Nan

Interesting to see who he'll replace once he is fully fit and running. I'm not sure what our best CB pairing is. Jones, Baily and Rojo are all good.
Jones being Jones is bound to get injured soon so hopefully Rojo is fit and ready to step in once that happens. I think he's our best center back and by far the best distributor of the ball.

MeUnited

Based on last season, he's our best centreback. Composed, good positioning, vocal, fairly strong in the air and most important of all, consistent. Those two tackles might skew people's opinion of him however.

Home&Away

The day I see

Rojo - lindelpf/blind/Jones - Bailey

Is the day I know that United are making the step up to becoming a proper dominant team. If we start with a back 3, it instantly allows us to play a front 2 or even a front 3 which instantly kicks rAshford and martial up a level.

We would be able to change our middle CB depending directly on the opposition and whether we or they have possession. As I had hoped this would give us the rise and ability to play a combination of possession and counterattacking football due to some of them minor pros we saw of LVG coupled with the more penatrtive, quick, stinging style of José.

Really can't wait - though I'm sure José can make anything successful; I really hope we don't see the Rojo at LB thing I'm so sure we are going to see =(

Jacko21

Mourinho hopes he'll be ready to play in 2 weeks.

Can't wait to see him return. His clatter-anything-that-moves approach is endearing.

I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder. :lol:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
People need to give him time to ease back in again. Just because he might be back in 2 weeks does not mean he's going to be great again instantly. I reckon it will take him at least a month or 2 before he gets back to his best again.

MyOnlySolskjaer

People need to give him time to ease back in again. Just because he might be back in 2 weeks does not mean he's going to be great again instantly. I reckon it will take him at least a month or 2 before he gets back to his best again.
True, let's hope he gets back to his level soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.