Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyared

Was ready to come on and replace an injured Smalling. Didn't happen we carried on with Smalling. Shows how far off he is from starting games. Pity I'd like to see what he is capable of after all this time.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Was ready to come on and replace an injured Smalling. Didn't happen we carried on with Smalling. Shows how far off he is from starting games. Pity I'd like to see what he is capable of after all this time.
He's been here 5 seasons. He's nothing more than an average CB with a terrible injury record. How the feck he's lasted 5 years is an absolute mystery.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
His great 16/17 season bought him some time I guess.
He played 18 games in the league in 16/17. A "great" season for a United CB is when Rio was one of the best CBs in the world in 07/08 and led us to the CL, or when Vidic was an absolute rock in 08/09 and has that streak of clean sheets. Not a handful of appearances where he somehow twice avoided being sent off for tackles that are easily 3 game bans (the one against Everton at Goodison is a particular highlight).

We've lowered our standards and allowed dross to spend years in our squad without being upgraded.

Stadjer

He's been here 5 seasons. He's nothing more than an average CB with a terrible injury record. How the feck he's lasted 5 years is an absolute mystery.
It is the United way.. we keep all our failed players instead of ditching them asap. Jones, Andersson, Darmian and Rojo all should have been kicked out of the club a lot sooner.

Other big clubs dont have the patience with their failed transfers... we just keep them around wasting huge wages on them.

Bola

He's a good and tenacious defender when fit, but he is proved he is prone to rashness and rarely shows composure on the ball (he is a hoofer).

Given his awful injury record, I think we have seen all there is to see. Probably our 2nd best CB when fit, but is rarely fit.

I think we should focus on getting his fitness levels up and offload him in the winter along with Jones and Darmian. Much rather we recalled TFM and give him a chance to break into the1st team, than give matchday squad places to players who really have no future for us

Negan

I still think he’s our best CB.

The sooner he comes back into the team, the more solid we’ll look at the back.

Based Adnan

Quite clearly our best CB before his injury. Have my doubts whether he can hit that form again post injury though.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Watch him for Argentina against France and you'll realise you wouldnt want him back in the team anytime soon :nervous:

Loublaze

ATLien
He played 18 games in the league in 16/17. A "great" season for a United CB is when Rio was one of the best CBs in the world in 07/08 and led us to the CL, or when Vidic was an absolute rock in 08/09 and has that streak of clean sheets. Not a handful of appearances where he somehow twice avoided being sent off for tackles that are easily 3 game bans (the one against Everton at Goodison is a particular highlight).

We've lowered our standards and allowed dross to spend years in our squad without being upgraded.
Great post

Djemba-Djemba

Totally agree with this.

This is his 5th season at the club and in that time he's been consistently fit and playing well for one 3/4 month period in 16/17. Other than that he's been crap or injured.

How is he still here?

MAME DIOUF 32

Absolutely. He should've been serving suspensions for the games he played well in so is extremely lucky we can look back at those as good performances.

Canagel

Well said. He should never have been rewarded with a new contract. Average defender that we can't get off the books now. He's been here for long enough to nail down a spot and it says enough that even after his injury no-one cares if he comes back to the starting 11 or not.

This is what drives me crazy about this club, I was certain we were going to let him go, but someone decided we should renew
It gets worse.

We gave Nani a massive new contract, then couldn’t sell him. So as part of the Rojo deal gave Sporting Nani on loan and paid the majority of his wages for that season.

So Rojo has cost us an absolute fortune whilst he’s been here - all because he’s left footed and LVG was obsessed with a ‘left sided CB’.

Rojo injures his cruciate and we give him a massive new 5 year contract, and now we can’t give him away.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just popping in to say I noticed he's took Carrick's number 16 now, giving up number 5 in doing so.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Aye, and the sad part is, Rojo isn't even the worst of that dross.

Loublaze

ATLien
He and Phil Jones formed a very good centre-back partnership that season. Probably the best and most stable partnership in Mourinho's 2 and a half years here.
I don't think they even started 15 games together that season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He and Phil Jones formed a very good centre-back partnership that season. Probably the best and most stable partnership in Mourinho's 2 and a half years here.
Luckily for Jones and Rojo, our attack actually worked back then. And no, it didn't work because they are great on the ball, they are not good enough and worse on the ball than our current CB's.

haram

Luckily for Jones and Rojo, our attack actually worked back then. And no, it didn't work because they are great on the ball, they are not good enough and worse on the ball than our current CB's.
Well Rojo is probably the most comfortable playing at LCB.

Aint gota Kalou

This game sums him up perfectly. Was great for a lot of it but still rash and made one stupid error. At least he gives it a go I guess.

Ekeke

Rojo is a player with unearned confidence.

Without much thought he'll just play the ball forward with a hopeful long pass, moving the ball quickly and sometimes it works out with our players chasing it down and the opposition needing to defend a ball in behind.

And sometimes he'll have that same confidence with passes around his own box either playing others into trouble or giving the ball to the opponent in a dangerous area tonight leading to Arsenal's 2nd.

RedDevil5

Needs to be sold ASAP IMO. Isn't good enough. Comical from him today at most times.

Bobski

Rojo and Bailly barely have a defensive brain cell between them. Fun to watch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.