1. Aug 2, 2019

RedTiger Full Member

I like Rojo, I prefer him over Jones.
  2. Aug 2, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Bye bye Marcos.
  3. Aug 2, 2019

11101 Full Member

He had the potential to be good but injuries stopped it happening, just as it has with the rest of the treatment room regulars. At this point whoever is out of contract first or whoever we can get an offer on should be first to go.
  4. Aug 3, 2019

youmeletsfly Full Member

He was quite alright today.
  5. Aug 3, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

He was probably our best player apart from Wissaka today.
  6. Aug 3, 2019

Ace of Spades Full Member

He was good today. There is a player there, but the constant injuries do not help.
  7. Aug 3, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

For one he is a very hard player who is not scared to put his body on the line. He is also fairly quick and can shoot from long range and also a good header of the ball and can join the attack. ON the negative side he could make silly mistakes. But I prefer him on the left side to any of our other CBs, Lindelof included.
  8. Aug 3, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Anybody need a new CB? He is this good all the time, I swear. Take him.
  9. Aug 4, 2019

kundalini Full Member

I've been impressed by his performances at CB this pre-season. Unconvincing in his 45 mins as left-back.

It's a bit strange that he has had more CB mins than Smalling, and about the same as Jones, but perhaps he's a better fit for the new system than they are.

Not sure what to think after Solskjaer showed almost no interest in using him last season.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  10. Aug 17, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

Rojo is a better left sided CB than either Smalling, Jones or Bailly. He is very quick too and is not afraid of putting his body in the line. If he has someone calm alongside him he could become a decent CD on the left side. He is terrible as a LB.
  11. Aug 20, 2019

Big Ben Foster Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Supports:
    Also support Vasco da Gama
    The Times claims the Glazer brothers personally blocked his deadline day move to Everton "as they regard the Toffees as fellow top-six rivals".
  12. Aug 30, 2019

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Is he fit? I'd like to see him play left back if so. I've really had enough of watching Young and Rojo is anything if not entertaining with his long shots, crazy behavior and occasional brilliance.
  13. Aug 30, 2019

marukomu The Gatekeeper

Very strange really. If he is not good enough for us then surely he would have made them weaker.
  14. Aug 30, 2019

Beans Full Member

Honestly I think Rojo is a good squad player. He was LB in Argentina's run to the WC final in 2014, which is probably how we noticed him. Not great attacking there, but as a third choice LB and 4th CB, how much can you expect? We're lucky he's willing to ride the bench.
  15. Aug 30, 2019

Bastian Full Member

So Ole said he's definitely staying. A bit surprised at that.

Pecking order, Maguire-Lindelof-Tuanzebe-Jones-Rojo? Bailly fecked of course.

Who is closest in the youths to stepping up? O'Connor?
  16. Aug 30, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

People like to claim he's a hoofer (which he is at times tbf) but he's actually not bad on the ball. Pretty good at pinging it between the lines. Mentality wise he's also apparently good, training as he plays and you get the idea he'll always have your back as a teammate. Can cover at LB as well I guess though I don't rate him there.

Not a bad 4th/5th choice to keep around
  17. Aug 30, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

You pays your money and you takes your choice when deciding between Jones, Bailly and Rojo. You've got one that's a walking calamity, one that's a walking red card and the other that's a mix of both

I guess when I term it like that it's the one who's a mix of both should be the one that is shipped out next
  18. Aug 30, 2019

JanK New Member

Supports:
    Napoli
    I remember some bizarre story that Ole had an idea to use him as a DM because he is an aggressive madman. Maybe a Roy Keaneish comeback and a nostalgia tour for Babyfaced Assassin?

He has some passing range in him, I'd like to see him as a DM for even one game. Well, he cannot be slower or more static than Matic, can he?

Other thing is that he is a left-footed one. Can provide (some) cover for LB if Young cannot play there. He was killed by Feyenoord @ EL group stage but still better than playing with 10 men.

I don't know - he was quite cool for Argentina in WC2014 and I liked him. I had high hopes for him when he joined and saw him as a LB or a partner for Smalling. But it seems that his football intelligence is lost when his temper is activated, which is intolerable for a defensive player. I hope he will have his chance in Fenerbahce. The window is still open and everything can still happen.
  19. Aug 30, 2019

JohnnyLaw Full Member

I like Rojo more than the majority on here but I never want to see him playing LB for us again. Besides, I thought Young did alright coming on against Palace, apart from his episode vs Zaha of course. But then he salvaged it with a block anyways in the end.